Cirque du Soleil® — La Nouba Disney

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I just hope that they get a new show. Not that I do not like the current one, it is just I have seen it too many times.

brucie

Yeah a new show would be nice. There is so many different Cirque shows. They could easily add a new one!!

SirGoofy

La Nouba is probably the worst of the Cirque shows I've seen. It's still spectacular, but it's my least favorite. Personally I'd like to see them vacate the premises, and let Disney's broadway shows take over.

hack2112

Don't hate on old Cirque shows. I just saw Saltimbanco and it was amazing.

And funny. And everything a Cirque show should be.

La Nouba is probably the worst of the Cirque shows I've seen. It's still spectacular, but it's my least favorite. Personally I'd like to see them vacate the premises, and let Disney's broadway shows take over.
Trust me, La NOuba is definitely not the worst Cirque show out there. I've seen much worse.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The way the Cirque theatre is currently set up is unique for the La Nouba show. They'd have to rebuild the stage area to accommodate a new show.

...Oh and HOORAY for the contract extension!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

GeneralKnowledge

I've seen La Nouba, Dralion, Kooza, Varekai, and Wintuk and La Nouba is by far my favorite. I've seen it 7 or 8 times and I'll see it again. I've never seen a show I enjoy nearly as much as La Nouba. If and when they do change it, I will be disappointed. It's kind of sad, but I don't think there will ever be a point where I will be able to say I wouldn't be sad to see it go.

Boray

Don't hate on old Cirque shows. I just saw Saltimbanco and it was amazing.

And funny. And everything a Cirque show should be.

Trust me, La NOuba is definitely not the worst Cirque show out there. I've seen much worse.

My husband and I saw Saltimbanco as well and it was AMAZING. I'm trying to convince my husband that we should see La Nouba, along with our kids DS-10 and DD-7, as well as my mother-in-law. I'm having some difficulty in getting him to commit to the cost. It's pricy, but I would imagine, worth every penny.

hrcollectibles

I just hope that they get a new show. Not that I do not like the current one, it is just I have seen it too many times.

So because you have had the opportunity to see it "too many times" they should change it? There are several people who have not seen it...I have seen it once and want to see it again....

Trishnh

I was a little disappointed a the news..We have seen La Nouba 3 or 4 times so I was hoping they would do a new Cirque there. It is an awesoe show, though and I highly recommend it to anyone!

gpfarley

I'm very excited La Nouba is staying. I think the style of the show fits in great with DTD and the Disney atmosphere - it's a fun, hip and urban show. Every Cirque show is different and it's very difficult to compare them. As for a new Cirque show - I don't think that would happen as each Cirque show takes way over a year to develop. La Nouba is great!!

WDFAN1977

My wife and I really enjoyed this show when we went back in 07'. Now with the 5 year extension I will have the opportunity to enjoy it with my daughter:D.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I haven't seen it yet, but I'd like to, however I wouldn't be distraught if they had changed it.
In fact, I was hoping they'd turn it into a stage for their Broadway productions...
Also, to the O.P., I love how you bothered to put the "Restricted" icon in the title!:lol:

hack2112

My husband and I saw Saltimbanco as well and it was AMAZING. I'm trying to convince my husband that we should see La Nouba, along with our kids DS-10 and DD-7, as well as my mother-in-law. I'm having some difficulty in getting him to commit to the cost. It's pricy, but I would imagine, worth every penny.
I saw La Nouba when I was about 10, and I enjoyed it very much, however I really do need to go see it again.

Also, while I would like to see a Broadway-style show put in DTD, it shouldn't go in the Cirque tent. They should build the Broadway dream stage from scratch.

Also, changing a Cirque show is extremely complex, since no two shows, or even productions of shows share the same set. Also, some shows have live music (Saltimbanco), some have canned music (Love), and every permanent set is a technological marvel in and of its own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom