Cinderella's Golden Carrousel to change its name June 1

magicmaya

Eh... I have been going to WDW since I was born..... in 1971. I have seen just about EVERY change that has happened at WDW. I will be honest, do I think it was worth the hassle of a name change, not really. On the other hand, I dont think the name change is bad enough to loose sleep over.

Exactly! Its better than "Pooh's carrousel of fun"

GrumpyFan

This is interesting. I assume it's to try and make the Fantasyland expansion more appealing to boys, which is fine, I understand. But they better not try and advertise/label this a new ride. This change, from seemingly out of nowhere, makes me wonder what other changes might be in the works.

nibblesandbits

This doesn't bother me at all. Is it different? Yes....but honestly...it's a simple name change. I don't love it, but don't hate it. It'll take some getting used to. But there's a reason behind the change, I'm sure.

bgraham34

This doesn't bother me at all. Is it different? Yes....but honestly...it's a simple name change. I don't love it, but don't hate it. It'll take some getting used to. But there's a reason behind the change, I'm sure.

I agree with your statement. I don't really care one way or another.

Evil Genius

This isn't exactly what I would call a BAD name change...but as my wife and I were discussing last night...it just seems rather pointless!

I really don't see how the change will play into the FLE all that better than its original title and the back story does seem a trifle flimsy.

Besides as many have stated already most are going to continue to refer to it as "the Golden Carousel". Because to most of us that is what it will always be.

RSoxNo1

This is definitely on par with things like the Rapunzel to Tangled name change. Wait until the advertisements for that come out, I'm guessing they will try to have it appeal across both genders after the poor(ish) box office for Princess and the Frog.

What Disney has failed to realize is that the Disney name itself is unappealing to boys. Often times it's seen as princesses and "girly" stuff. Until they realize that, they're going to struggle to create any brand under the Disney name that appeals to the male demographic.

They're better off focusing on Marvel, and the characters created under the Pixar umbrella.

aladdin2007

This is definitely on par with things like the Rapunzel to Tangled name change. Wait until the advertisements for that come out, I'm guessing they will try to have it appeal across both genders after the poor(ish) box office for Princess and the Frog.

What Disney has failed to realize is that the Disney name itself is unappealing to boys. Often times it's seen as princesses and "girly" stuff. Until they realize that, they're going to struggle to create any brand under the Disney name that appeals to the male demographic.

They're better off focusing on Marvel, and the characters created under the Pixar umbrella.

True, but it wouldnt hurt either to do a new animated feature on the level of Aladdin or The Lion King etc. Off hand a story or fable doesnt come to mind but Im sure there are many.

Animaniac93-98

I believe Disney is doing that with Toy Story and Cars. Both are brands marketed to boys along with Pirates brand which is actually under the Disney name and seems to have Peter Pan sometimes attached to it.

No matter what name the carrousel goes under (Prince Charming or Cindy) it will still be based on the movie Cinderella, which Disney feels is strictly for girls according to their brand categories. If Disney was truly trying to turn this into a "boys" attraction they would have to re-theme it to something besides Walt's 12th animated feature.

I don't believe they are, instead I just think they are trying to reduce the number of Cinderella attractions in the park with her name on them.

sublimesting

Can I complain about the back story ?

If you are going to practice the ring spearing event at the joust, and you were a prince with, I assume, a stable full of horses, why wouldn't you just practice on a horse?

Why would you build a giant wooden spinning contraption out in a field somewhere?

If this was to practice an event where the horse or rider could get hurt, then sure. But to practice ring spearing? Prince Charming is a bet tetched if you ask me.

-dave

Yeah that is some pretty mild training. Wonder if Prince Charming can take it any slower...

BrerFrog

You speak the truth. I don't think the Tangled title will make that movie any good, it was probably better off with Rapunzel as its title since it states very clearly that it is a classic fairy tale.

HMF

But that is Disney's own fault. Disney used to be considered family entertainment for everyone. Disney has marketed themselves as a girly company essentially degrading their own image.

Tigerace81

What is it with Disney and 's these days? First Disney cuts it off of DCA's name, and now they didnt put it on this new name. Prince Charming Regal Carousel, the name just doesnt sound right. Add the 's and it would. Prince Charming's Regal Carousel.

I dont know maybe its just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom