Christmas Rumors?

21stamps

unfortunately, that seems to be true...Close the attraction....when people finally start to forget about it, throw a meet and greet in the remains of the old attraction and declare it a job well done, and giving people what they want....
Considering that thousands of us have young children who have never been to WDW at Christmastime before.. Children who's happiness, joy, excitement and fun is not based on what WDW had in the past, but will love it for what it is now. Yep, we will take them..and have a magical time while there :)

brb1006

So far the new Christmas Castle Show starring Mickey sounds interesting so far but we haven't seen any concept art yet. I am looking forward to the inclusion of Pinocchio as part of the show.

21stamps

So far the new Christmas Castle Show starring Mickey sounds interesting so far but we haven't seen any concept art yet. I am looking forward to the inclusion of Pinocchio as part of the show.
Me too! I don't want to see it before we go though. I think it's exciting to see something for the first time.

PhotoDave219

Based on Disney's recent track record for getting attractions done on time I wouldn't bet on that., I think we will see Christmas sometime in February at the earliest. I am also hearing that they may substitute a different holiday in December until Christmas is ready.

Did they file their permit for Christmas on time? Or did they drop the ball on that one?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Based on Disney's recent track record for getting attractions done on time I wouldn't bet on that., I think we will see Christmas sometime in February at the earliest. I am also hearing that they may substitute a different holiday in December until Christmas is ready.

VWQt07.gif

brb1006

I dont think there is anything new planed for the Studios this Christmas, but the parks and resorts still get all decked out. Some of the nicest spots are the Deluxe Resorts, Main Street at Magic Kingdom and World Showcase at Epcot. Holidays around the World is one of my favorite things to experience and the counties are beautiful. Also this year will be new decorations at Disney Springs at the new neighborhoods along with the Marketplace that received new decor last year.
Christmas in Epcot still won't be the same without Lights Of Winter
image0011.jpg

10980c3a1bb1ac1792b3dec5a3b7422d.jpg

brb1006

Shhhh!!!! From the sounds of it you would think that HS will be near empty during the Christmas season... I am hoping they are right. ;) Let everyone Skip DHS! Somehow I doubt they will though :( Either way, I'm excited!
I don't know what AK does during the Christmas season. But I bet the park will be gaining some attention during the Christmas season as a result of the lost of the Osborne lights. Who knows they might even add Christmas lights as you walk around the park at night. But that is wishful thinking though.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I don't know what AK does during the Christmas season. But I bet the park will be gaining some attention during the Christmas season as a result of the lost of the Osborne lights. Who knows they might even add Christmas lights as you walk around the park at night. But that is wishful thinking though.
The last time i attended AK at Christmas time, there was minimal decorations around the park, besides the entrance and CMM

raven

The last time i attended AK at Christmas time, there was minimal decorations around the park, besides the entrance and CMM
I seem to remember that too. Actually the past few years it seems some of the smaller holiday offerings and decor are slowly fading out. But then I've noticed that with Flower & Garden as well. Is it possible they are doing some "trimming" per se and think that people wouldn't notice? They should know better than that as dedicated returning guests notice everything.

21stamps

I'm thinking they will probably do something. It's the first year with night time hours. We are staying at AKL for 1.5 nights pre cruise, but no parks. After the cruise we're staying at the contemporary for 4 nights..but skipping AK. Not that I don't like the park, just don't have enough time to fit it in on a short stay :(

Crazydisneyfanluke

I seem to remember that too. Actually the past few years it seems some of the smaller holiday offerings and decor are slowly fading out. But then I've noticed that with Flower & Garden as well. Is it possible they are doing some "trimming" per se and think that people wouldn't notice? They should know better than that as dedicated returning guests notice everything.
Well they are decorating Town center and DS this year. So i wouldn't be surprised if other decorations got cut as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom