Christmas Rumors?

21stamps

Guests pay more during all holiday seasons. Look at the Easter season for example. Disney does a good job at balancing the holiday entertainment. Magic Kingdom has the castle lights and decorations, Epcot offers Candlelight and holidays around the world. They do a good job balancing the entertainment. I don't think more is needed.
I agree. Typically at Easter there are discounts available though, and flights seem to be less... I did not do myself any favors by flying on thanksgiving this year, and I'm dreading it.

I do think they do a good job of balancing, and I don't think having two different Christmas parades etc at MK - one a paid event and one not, makes any kind of logical sense at all. No one would pay.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Which is a shame because people like you, with your complacency, are the reason why Disney's entertainment is in shambles. Oops.

Alas, I can only comment on my experiences from the last 4 or so years. I can't imagine how beautiful it must have been during the true hay day of the resort.

Overboard in the Victorian Style, words fail to describe what an EXPERIENCE it was just to visit the LOBBY during the holidays.

21stamps

I'd also like to point out to everyone that I am the type of person who would be okay with Christmas being 365 days a year. So maybe my opinion really is unsubstantiated :eek: ;)
Please tell me you wait til the day AFTER Thanksgiving to show off your Christmas flair in your house and yard!lol

#citizensagainstearlychristmaslights
#letmegetthruoneholidayatatime
#myhashtagsdontlinktoanything

Bocabear

It still is. What has been removed???? Nothing that I can see.
LOTS! there were lots of things everywhere...it has been a decline by degrees....which will more keenly be felt this year with the loss of the Spectacle Of Lights... and people really do plan their vacations there to be immersed in Disney Holiday Magic...not just the same ol' Disney...but decorated for the holidays... Tourism based on holiday decorations is a HUUUUUGE business!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
LOTS! there were lots of things everywhere...it has been a decline by degrees....which will more keenly be felt this year with the loss of the Spectacle Of Lights... and people really do plan their vacations there to be immersed in Disney Holiday Magic...not just the same ol' Disney...but decorated for the holidays... Tourism based on holiday decorations is a HUUUUUGE business!
Were talking Grand Floridian lobby here, not WDW as a whole.

Brad Bishop

It would be nice if Christmas was at least kept to being between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween being over and Christmas up a week out is a bit much..

... and of course my grievance with WDW and their parties which kill seeing the decorations 4 nights out of the week. It's why I think it should just be included.. Other parks are happy to have you during the various holidays at regular prices. WDW? They want you to pay twice for the day.

wdwfan22

Overboard in the Victorian Style, words fail to describe what an EXPERIENCE it was just to visit the LOBBY during the holidays.

We have stayed at the Grand for the past 10 years during the holiday season, and it still is decorated as it always has been. Unless you are talking 15 to 20 years ago I see no big changes to the décor.

CDavid

Tourism based on holiday decorations is a HUUUUUGE business!

Thank You. The Christmas season is indeed a major draw for visitors; People literally will pay through the nose to be completely immersed in Christmas festivities.

All of which makes the loss of the Osborne Lights (and the Lights of Winter and general rundown in decoration resort-wide) even more puzzling.

Matt_Black

I don't mind Christmas stuff at WDW at Christmas, because there have been so many magical Disney Christmas moments over the years that there should be something to acknowledge it at that time of year. Lady & The Tramp, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the Silly Symphonies featuring Santa, Mickey's Christmas Carol, etc.

21stamps

It would be nice if Christmas was at least kept to being between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween being over and Christmas up a week out is a bit much..

... and of course my grievance with WDW and their parties which kill seeing the decorations 4 nights out of the week. It's why I think it should just be included.. Other parks are happy to have you during the various holidays at regular prices. WDW? They want you to pay twice for the day.

Re: the bold portion..I am on the same page as you!!!!!! Wait til Black Friday! That's when Holidays Around the World and CP start, so why not just hold off on everything?

On the same hand though, I selfishly wish Universal started theirs before 12/3. I really wanted to go to Grinchmas for the first time this year, but just can't fit it in.

Matt_Black

Re: the bold portion..I am on the same page as you!!!!!! Wait til Black Friday! That's when Holidays Around the World and CP start, so why not just hold off on everything?

We should keep Christmas in our hearts all year long! :p

Bocabear

On the same hand though, I selfishly wish Universal started theirs before 12/3. I really wanted to go to Grinchmas for the first time this year, but just can't fit it in.
I would love to keep Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but the reality is, someone actually has to install all the decor which in some cases takes WEEKS to put up... So professionally we have to start early...I wish there was another way, but when everyone wants to see stuff up at exactly the same time, there are limited amounts of people to do thew installs...so it gets pushed earlier each year... That is the reality...I don't usually get my stuff up until the first weekend of December...if by then I am finished all of my professional obligations...

21stamps

I would love to keep Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but the reality is, someone actually has to install all the decor which in some cases takes WEEKS to put up... So professionally we have to start early...I wish there was another way, but when everyone wants to see stuff up at exactly the same time, there are limited amounts of people to do thew installs...so it gets pushed earlier each year... That is the reality...I don't usually get my stuff up until the first weekend of December...if by then I am finished all of my professional obligations...
It's not even just Christmas! I understand extensive decorations. I don't understand people turning Christmas lights on 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. WORST of all- I get a mild panic attack every time I walk into a store, more than 2 months before a holiday, and they are all ready selling things for said holiday. Stores have been highlighting Halloween stuff for weeks now...Summer wasn't even over yet!
1. Stop aging me!!! I'm trying to slow down time.
2. Can I finish paying for one holiday, or school starting, before another one starts????? Please! Let me live in the moment!

Sorry, I get worked up over this subject.lol

mikenatcity1

Out of all my visits to WDW, I have found half have centered around the holidays. In fact, i'm now more inclined to go in December for Candlelight than normal time. In the last 6-7 years there has only been 1 trip where there was not Halloween or Christmas decor and it seemed strange.

The first time I went and saw WDW at Christmas I was mezmorized...the garlands across Main St, the big tree in the rose garden by Cinderella Castle, Osborne lights...now, there are wreaths stuck to the sides of Main St that are sometimes hard to see...to me, that was the worst thing to lose. Of course, looking through my pictures, we went to EPCOT (before Thanksgiving) and saw these strange white things...we didn't bother going at night...now I realize it was display at EPCOT (and that was the last year for them)...sigh...

I will say- total immersion in Christmas is Disneyland...not saying it's better or worse, but they have a lot of Christmas (as they cater to mostly AP not tourists)...

I hope WDW does something cool in the coming years...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom