Christmas Parade Taping 2007

nodoubter810

I was there last year during the taping, we were in front of the castle for Michael Bolton, the opening number (I forget how many times they shot that) and the football player that won Dancing With The Stars, Emmitt Smith..? I think lol anyway, I'd really like to go this year.

Everyone there had printed invitations but we were able to get in (you had to have a wristband to be in the roped off area) without it.

I'd like to go this year too, it was fun! Just hot lol

Boray

I'm guessing that if the stars of High School Musical are actually going to be at the MK and it's made public, that place will be a zoo. We were planning on being there on Friday Nov. 30. I imagine my kids would think it's cool to see the stars, but I will not deal with the possible crowds that could be there.

tyburski5

Parade Hopeful

Hi, all:
I'm hoping to take my family for the taping for the first time this year and I need some basic info, please. If I stay at the WDW resorts, am I guaranteed to get to see the parade or do I need some kind of special ticket? Also, does the entirety of the filming take place in the Magic Kingdom or will I need tickets to the other parks as well? I know absolutely nothing about how this works, so any other info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:veryconfu

JeffH

Tickets...for the parade and/or for the stars?

Do you need tickets for the parade or to see the stars, or both?

mjc1984

Original Poster
no its included in ur tickets to themagic kingdom. you can see the parde being taped anywhere on main street. Regis and kelly are always right by the train station so will be able to see them too. The musical performace that are filmed on friday are also included in ur park admision. they just sometimes have some area blocked off for cast member or annual pass holders but you can still see them perform

Kman101

So can someone take just one post and completely clear it up ... do you need an "invite" or not to attend? I find it hard to believe that regular guests will be shuffled away from Main Street.

Can anyone please clear this up because I'm really wanting to attend and just take pictures, haha.

So can someone take just one post and completely clear it up ... do you need an "invite" or not to attend? I find it hard to believe that regular guests will be shuffled away from Main Street.

Can anyone please clear this up because I'm really wanting to attend and just take pictures, haha.

No...they won't kick out regular guests from the Main Street area during parade taping. I'm there as a regular guest every year on the day of taping and walk right into the park as its being taped and you can see it going on just fine while you're walking up the sidewalks.

YankeeMouse

They will not kick you out...BUT...cast members will redirect you to the backstage area of Main Street to walk down to the hub. They STRONGLY encourage you to do this walk backstage, along the cast member area that runs parallel to Main Street, but you don't have to if you don't want to, so hold your ground. You can walk slowly enough to get some pictures, but it was a bit chaotic and every time we stopped, we were encouraged to move along. When you are on Main Street, unless you are within the roped off area, the CM's generally try to encourage you to "keep moving", and you are not allowed to stand outside of the roped off area, you have to be walking. This is what we experienced last year. Hope this helps.

prberk

I really miss the LIVE parade (prior to 1997). It was much more fun to watch on TV. The new one looks like a two-hour slick commercial.

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom