Christmas Parade Taping 2007

mjc1984

Original Poster
Has oneone heard any news about this years x-mas parade taping i know that it tapes the first weekend in dec. What is the website where you can be an extra for the parade taping?

millercv

Nope and supposedly it's a long process you have to be there in winter garb (even if it might be hot that day) for hours while they run sections again and again to get it just right. I believe I even heard that they run the parade without music...

Also they film other things like performances at various times in early December.

IcicleM

Actually, it's in the first week of December, it takes 3 days, they run the parade completely WITH Music, and you may have to be standing there for 2 maybe 3 hours or longer. Last year, they had to run the parade 3 times to get it right (in one single day)

In order to be in the parade you must sign up for it.

Silvermist

Actually, it's in the first week of December, it takes 3 days, they run the parade completely WITH Music, and you may have to be standing there for 2 maybe 3 hours or longer. Last year, they had to run the parade 3 times to get it right (in one single day)

In order to be in the parade you must sign up for it.

I have a family member who is going to be in Orlando the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They are bringing someone who has never been to WDW so I think they would probably want to avoid being in the MK while this is going on. Do you know what days they'll be setting up and taping?

bluefaery

I have a family member who is going to be in Orlando the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They are bringing someone who has never been to WDW so I think they would probably want to avoid being in the MK while this is going on. Do you know what days they'll be setting up and taping?

I don't know about this year, but if my memory serves me correctly dec 1-3 were the dates last year for the parade taping. So I'm thinking the parade will tape around the same time.

DisneyChik17

I am pretty sure they film the first full weekend in December. But, I don't know if they consider that the first Saturday/Sunday or the first Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If it is the latter, then they will be safe. If the former, someone may just want to not go to the MK.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Disney's 1 billion dollar remake of DCA and how it affects WDW

So according to Al Lutz tomorrow Disney will announce their bold plan to retool Disney's California Adventure into a Disney quality park. WSJ has already posted an article (much of the information from this article originated on Miceage): http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119257768823361264.html

There is also now a rumor that Disney will spend $500 million to revamp Disney's Hollywood (Formerly the Disney-MGM Studios).

Like someone said on another Disney board

"New way of thinking on Disney's part. Fix the problems. Who'd a thunk??"

Thoughts? Opinions?

DisneyChik17

So according to Al Lutz tomorrow Disney will announce their bold plan to retool Disney's California Adventure into a Disney quality park. WSJ has already posted an article (much of the information from this article originated on Miceage): http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119257768823361264.html

There is also now a rumor that Disney will spend $500 million to revamp Disney's Hollywood (Formerly the Disney-MGM Studios).

Like someone said on another Disney board

"New way of thinking on Disney's part. Fix the problems. Who'd a thunk??"

Thoughts? Opinions?

If it's true, it's a good thing. I haven ever been to DCA, but apparently it is sub-par and DHS is just crumbling in on itself, IMO. Hopefully DHS will be able to have a good 20th birthday in 2009 and not feel a day over 10. LOL!

PhilharMagician

Back to the original question. It is Lightship that has produced the parade for the past few years. They are also involved in most of the productions you see on Discovery or Travel Channel. I have not seen anything yet for this year, so maybe someone else has the contract. Anyway, here is a link.

http://www.lightshiptv.com/index.htm

DClarke977

On their website:
"2007 Christmas Day Parade

Harborlight Entertainment will again be producing this years 24th annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade. Hosted by Regis Philbin & Kelly Ripa, this years parade features some of todays hottest talent. Check back soon for more details!."

Thats weird because I before I lived here I would go to MK every first weekend in December and I remember walking right into the park at like 10 or 11am and being able to stand right there where the cameras were. I didn't sign up for anything and the camera guys even got us on film a few times.

mjc1984

Original Poster
has anyone heard who will be the musical guest this year? i'm sure they will do something again with high school musical but other than that i have no clue who might be there.

mjc1984

Original Poster
thanks for your help where did you see the list at?
wonder who will be at disney world and who will be at disney land. Regisn and kelly are always disney world and Ryan seacreast is dinseyland. I would be willing to bet Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey will be at disneyworld. but other than that i have no clue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom