Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

Mickey_777

FWIW we were at DTD until about an hour ago and it honestly wasnt that bad. We arrived around 7pm and found a parking space right away behind cirque. We had dinner at Planet Hollwood, browsed WoD, hit up Ghirardelli etc and took in the live music. The place was jumpin and everybody was in good spirits. We would have stayed till midnight but my folks were exhausted from our 12 hour drive the night before. We wont be going near the parks till at least friday though.

mousehockey37

Wait time right now for Space Mountain is at 80 minutes. It sucks for those people stuck in line while the fireworks are going off

This brings up a good question... What would you do if you were in line for a ride and it was time for the fireworks? Would you duck out of line and watch the fireworks or be destined to keep your spot in line to get on the ride?

Tom

Beta Return
This brings up a good question... What would you do if you were in line for a ride and it was time for the fireworks? Would you duck out of line and watch the fireworks or be destined to keep your spot in line to get on the ride?

I suppose I would go back in time, make note of the posted wait time, and choose not to get in a line that was longer than the time left until the fireworks.

Or, I'd just decide which I'd rather do if it got to that point. On a night like this, you're either waiting in a line, or standing in a throng of people somewhere else, waiting for fireworks or a turkey leg or the potty.

DonaldDoleWhip

Sorry that this picture is late, but here's what Epcot's bag check looked like at 12:45pm.

IMG_0966_zps62f30edd.jpg

gbruenin

Fulfilling a 30 year wish we experienced NYE, and I would tell you it was worth every bit of it. We saw the NYE show at MK on the 30th, and Epcot last night.

MK did have hugh lines, but we balanced those with our Fastpass picks, so we still did a lot. Yes, the TTA lines stretched almost to the DVC sales booth, but as someone mentioned it went very fast. We did laugh that with 60/80/80/100 minutes standby waits on most attractions, Stitch was a walk on every time we passed.

At Epcot, the bag check looked exactly like the picture someone posted earlier. But only at the right side bag check. When we walked to the other bag check on the left side there was, quite literally, 11 people there. Walked right through.

We avoided all the food lines by walking out the International Gateway to Beach Club for dinner at Cape May Cafe. What a great break, and wonderful meal. Back to Epcot in time for the first Iluminations.

Awesome stages set up throughout WS with DJs and groups. The America Gardens stage, which a day before was still set for Candelight Processional was changed to a dance club, with folks able to go on stage to dance while the band played.

Then, there is the fireworks. The second Illuminations of the night, plus the mini shows at each land, then the big midnight shoot. It was the best, biggest, most intense firework shoot I've ever seen. Internet videos are good, but simply don't do it justice. I could feel my clothes vibrating with all the blasts. As I said, worth every bit of the day to be there.

After the shoot, we waited in place about 30 min while the rest of the crowd pushed to the exits, then just walked out. Lots of backstage paths from WS to FW to ease the flow (and, bonus points, got to see behind the scenes at Test Track and the WDI offices).

15 min wait for our bus to POFQ while the parking lot was, what looked like still 2/3 full, and back to our room by 1:40. Choice of using the bus was another win for the day.

Forget what others say of the crowds and lines. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Gary

JimboJones123

New Years Day morning at Epcot is one of the smartest moves one could make during a holiday vacation to WDW. Those going, enjoy a pleasant morning. I'd go, but HOCKEY IN THE SNOW IS COMING ON!!!!!!

71jason

Drove to TTC lot last night around 8, soon after the mini rainstorm hit. Surprisingly unbusy--I didn't even wait at a tollbooth. Drove past EPCOT (backroads the whole way) and it looked manageable as well.

Hung out until just before 2. Driving out was insane. All exits except the 192 exit and the Celebration/I4West exits were blocked off "for buses only." With Orange County bubblegum machines to ensure compliance. I snuck into the far left lane, and it was anywhere from 2 - 10 mph the entire way to 192, tho typical traffic once I got past. Normally a 15-minute drive, took 45 last night--again, after letting crowds clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom