News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

Drdcm

Not everyone is entitled to FMLA in the U.S. There's certain eligibility requirements. There's also provisions to exclude "key employees" such as McCarthy from job restoration following leave.
FMLA really isn’t as helpful as people think. It protects you from being fired for needed medical leave, but also requires you to be able to maintain the functions of your job. If recommended restrictions aren’t “reasonable”, then it isn’t protected and they can let you go. You can still be laid off on FMLA. I run into this all the time when patients ask me to fill out FMLA paperwork and then are surprised that the employer doesn’t accommodate my recommendations.

Most people have to be in their job for a year before they are eligible for FMLA.

Whether or not she’s in FMLA, I have no idea. I’m not really questioning the motives here. As. “Key employee” it’s a tough ask to be able to take FMLA and actually keep the position.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
So you got gas on property and went to sea world then?
Actually I only spent $74.58 on WDW property.

Saturday: Lunch at Casey's Corney $16.48 & 2 beer at SSR $19.17
Sunday: Dinner at Pecos Bill's $38.40 (for two people)

So again, this lie that you are being nickeled and dimed at WDW is just that, a lie. But based on your previous posts, you're nothing more than 💩 stirrer, so I genuinely have no interest in engaging with you because you are too full of yourself to engage in a good faith conversation ☮️ out

Anyone is entitled to FMLA in the United States.

It’s under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Affectionally called “cobra”…the big Willy special.

She doesn’t financially need it…it allows for no elimination of position or cancellation of group medical.

So you don’t technically “resign” into FMLA.

Maybe the medical? But still she is allowed to buy it…under COBRA…at the group cost.

Like most Iger things…this story doesn’t fully check out.

I bet she doesn’t go on squawk box and do interviews…fresh NDA just inked.
FMLA and COBRA are two completely different things.

Also in relation to FMLA a company is required to reinstate an employee at similar pay and similar level of responsibility. As PP mentioned for a job such as CFO a company is not required to keep the position open until one’s return if it is deemed to be critical to operations.

Lilofan

Anyone is entitled to FMLA in the United States.

It’s under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Affectionally called “cobra”…the big Willy special.

She doesn’t financially need it…it allows for no elimination of position or cancellation of group medical.

So you don’t technically “resign” into FMLA.

Maybe the medical? But still she is allowed to buy it…under COBRA…at the group cost.

Like most Iger things…this story doesn’t fully check out.

I bet she doesn’t go on squawk box and do interviews…fresh NDA just inked.
At our company staff can apply for FMLA if they meet 2 requirements

1 year of service
Full time

The company will send the applicant a letter if they are approved.

Tha Realest

I wonder if the need to have some sort of continuity / transition of duties as well as putting someone full time in such a vital role necessitated in some way the FMLA issue (not diminishing what I view as a facially legitimate need for it, but thinking of the complexity of her role and the need to backfill)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Actually I only spent $74.58 on WDW property.

Saturday: Lunch at Casey's Corney $16.48 & 2 beer at SSR $19.17
Sunday: Dinner at Pecos Bill's $38.40 (for two people)

So again, this lie that you are being nickeled and dimed at WDW is just that, a lie. But based on your previous posts, you're nothing more than 💩 stirrer, so I genuinely have no interest in engaging with you because you are too full of yourself to engage in a good faith conversation ☮️ out
You really don’t see how and where Disney has begun to nickel and dime their guests?

Genie+, ILL, food and drink costs, after hours events, less park hours, dining packages simply for better seats, no more magical express, variable ticket pricing, variable G+ and ILL pricing, etc etc etc etc and that’s just to name a few

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I don’t know why people just can’t make more money?
I make $42 a year and can still afford my AP and DVC payments 🤷‍♂️
You really don’t see how and where Disney has begun to nickel and dime their guests?

Genie+, ILL, food and drink costs, after hours events, less park hours, dining packages simply for better seats, no more magical express, variable ticket pricing, variable G+ and ILL pricing, etc etc etc etc and that’s just to name a few
Genie/LL are not necessary, I went the whole weekend without needing them. After hours events are great for those of us who want less crowds, less park hours a big negative for sure (I miss those summer nights in MK at 1-2 am), better seats are fine for people who want to spend more money, I'd do the same to have a better seat, ME never impacted me because we always drove, variable ticket pricing is normal for all industries not a big deal. The truth is none of those things are deal breakers for the majority of folks who dont live their life in offense. Just stop going and stop posting here if its that big of deal...

TheIceBaron

Looking ahead (instead of kicking someone while they are down), I wonder to what extent this changes Iger's remaining tenure. The company hasn't had great success at the box office lately, I could be wrong but maybe performing the worst it has in decades. The parks are also not performing spectacularly (especially compared to last year). I just think Iger really needs to step up and pick the right people to lead the company in the future.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At our company staff can apply for FMLA if they meet 2 requirements

1 year of service
Full time

The company will send the applicant a letter if they are approved.
Yep…that pesky federal law.

I just want to make sure it’s known that it is a common mechanism for 30 years…and not “must be super serious”
It is…but also common

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FMLA and COBRA are two completely different things.

Also in relation to FMLA a company is required to reinstate an employee at similar pay and similar level of responsibility. As PP mentioned for a job such as CFO a company is not required to keep the position open until one’s return if it is deemed to be critical to operations.
As I understood it…they were passed together. Not true. Cobra 1986…FMLA 1993.

FMLA was - however - authorized using the cobra act as a precursor. That’s why cobra was all over the news when the “big Willy” FMLA was passed.

I’m gonna fire my research department 😡

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not everyone is entitled to FMLA in the U.S. There's certain eligibility requirements. There's also provisions to exclude "key employees" such as McCarthy from job restoration following leave.
Oh was that the question?

Yeah…they’re gonna put in another “hired to be fired” exec almost immediately. This is the classic late eisner playbook. Shove them out, say they “left”, and being in another target

But Bob has taken it to the 400 level.
Look at how many have rolled?

This also is more evidence he’s going NOWHERE. Not that he ever was.

The stock controls his fate. Everyone dump it, please? 🙏🏻

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Genie/LL are not necessary, I went the whole weekend without needing them. After hours events are great for those of us who want less crowds, less park hours a big negative for sure (I miss those summer nights in MK at 1-2 am), better seats are fine for people who want to spend more money, I'd do the same to have a better seat, ME never impacted me because we always drove, variable ticket pricing is normal for all industries not a big deal. The truth is none of those things are deal breakers for the majority of folks who dont live their life in offense. Just stop going and stop posting here if its that big of deal...
just because you don’t need any of that doesn’t mean Disney isn’t still nickel and diming more than ever before. …but hey enjoy your DVC and AP. I have those as well, but I obviously don’t come back with as much pixie dust on me from all the trips I’ve been on like you do.

Lilofan

FMLA really isn’t as helpful as people think. It protects you from being fired for needed medical leave, but also requires you to be able to maintain the functions of your job. If recommended restrictions aren’t “reasonable”, then it isn’t protected and they can let you go. You can still be laid off on FMLA. I run into this all the time when patients ask me to fill out FMLA paperwork and then are surprised that the employer doesn’t accommodate my recommendations.

Most people have to be in their job for a year before they are eligible for FMLA.

Whether or not she’s in FMLA, I have no idea. I’m not really questioning the motives here. As. “Key employee” it’s a tough ask to be able to take FMLA and actually keep the position.
FMLA was abused in one of the places I worked in. If I ran late I was hit with an attendance infraction. My peer who had FMLA even admitted to me if he's running late he would call FMLA 30 min and he would not get the same infraction I got. Some know how to use the system .

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then you spend far more than $100 on property
You want me to send you some Ramen? Amazon can have a drone drop it off in like 8 minutes 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Now this is interesting…

So is it usually some type of physical impairment that causes the “escape clause” to be triggered?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So chapek fired…

Board “forced to”…Arnold resigns like 2 days already

McCarthy and d’amaro “co-conspirators…for the good of France”

McCarthy leaves as books not looking good months later.

Too bad nobody else is involved…we might be able to piece together what else is going on here? 🤔

el_super

Not so much the purchase of Fox in itself, but the facts that...
A. Fox was bought at a heavily inflated price
B. McCarthy was charged with finding ways to smooth over that purchase, chiefly through cutting staff, cutting services, and raising prices.

You think that McCarthy implemented changes in the parks to make up for the fox purchase? wouldn't that have landed on the shoulders of whoever was doing finances for the parks? I wonder who that guy is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom