News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're confusing types of fraud.

The SEC doesn't care about an employee taking FMLA. They care about the financial reports of publicly traded companies and if they are not misrepresented through fraud or human error (think no more Enron).

An employee lying about their reasons for FMLA certification would still be a form of fraud, albeit a different kind.
I’m not confusing anything…

She was pushed out. “Fired” isn’t the right term…but you get the gist.

There is a ridiculous belief by Disney fans on boards that they “can’t lie”…which is the silliest mental crutch ever. They wouldn’t know Wall Street If the truck repaved them into it. It’s even been discussed on the technical level.

They can say and do anything and twist out of it. Only the biggest idiots ever get prosecuted for financial crimes and it’s usually a pre-negotiated fall guy.

But hey…different strokes. We all are Disney fans and as customers we all gotta do better.

Iger has GOT to go. Long past due. We have a historical example of what that looks like and we’re there again. Time to save Disney

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah right on schedule. How dare someone question the almighty Iger

I mean who would have seen this coming 👀 lol
I puked when I read “McCarthy was integral in RECRUITING Iger to replace chapek”

Right…cause he didn’t spend his entire retirement tossing comments to anyone who’s listen and interfere in the boardroom.

Lost in this whole affair is after his “retirement”…nobody came looking for Bob. No prestigious board seats, awards or begging to run for powerful elected office.
That’s a much bigger part of this cluster puzzle than anyone has had proper time to process.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll annotate the important part:

1686914086916.jpeg

1686914190752.jpeg

Lilofan

Nah…she’s probably ready to retire anyway…hence the deal and the cover story…

It’s standard coverup protocol: get rid of anyone with knowledge.

They’re all gone…except Josh and his now shockingly loose pants
Age 67 she can collect SS😉, but its actually sad and entertaining on the drama on how execs at Disney fight behind the scenes but PR makes it like he or she is leaving , been a great asset to the company, will be missed, yadda yadda... Wasn't there a time when execs leave the company , their ID and everything computer access was shut off ASAP but Christine is allowed to still be with Disney.

Drdcm

Now this is interesting…

So is it usually some type of physical impairment that causes the “escape clause” to be triggered?
It depends. That’s pretty common, for example someone who hauls roofing tiles gets a back injury from a car accident, can no longer perform their job - they can be terminated once the FMLA timeframe is up since they can’t do their job.

For me, I deal with MH. A common one is making recommendations that my patients get time off for weekly therapy, but the hospital doesn’t have the staffing to allow that, so it is declined and they are either fired or don’t do the therapy. Often times they get fired because the hospital doesn’t want to assume liability for violating my recommendations if something were to go wrong. Ultimately there are a lot of different justifications for not allowing someone to return.

I get a ton of requests for FMLA that are people trying to scam the system as well. Things like being allowed to constantly show up late or not get their work done in time. I typically don’t fill it out unless they’re participating in intensive treatment to correct whatever the issue is. Not that anyone brought it up, but short term disability is an entirely different beast…

Either way, I do a real evaluation for each case and make a determination as to whether the request is appropriate or not and warn them about the consequences of their employer not finding the accommodations reasonable.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Official hit pieces arriving on queue:

Ah right on schedule. How dare someone question the almighty Iger

I mean who would have seen this coming 👀 lol
Clearly someone in McCarthy's orbit or McCarthy herself who was unhappy about this and wanted to push back against the Disney PR team.

The WSJ doesn't do Tabloid journalism, whomever the source is, is likely very well connected to the actual situation.

What is so curious about this is the lack of feeling in the original news stories and press release. It just seemed very cold and the awkward use of the term FMLA raised my eyebrows, especially for a 20+ year veteran of the company who's structured the up until recent financial success of the company.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Clearly someone in McCarthy's orbit or McCarthy herself who was unhappy about this and wanted to push back against the Disney PR team.
Definitely some leading statements in there.
The WSJ doesn't do Tabloid journalism, whomever the source is, is likely very well connected to the actual situation.
Of course they do. Maybe not to the extreme…but they do. When “money is king”…you’re always for sale to the powerful. Perhaps not as backroom as WAPO…but there’s somebody in their.
What is so curious about this is the lack of feeling in the original news stories and press release. It just seemed very cold and the awkward use of the term FMLA raised my eyebrows, especially for a 20+ year veteran of the company who's structured the up until recent financial success of the company.
It was a “feeler” release…an Igerian speciality. 4 o’clock Eastern and see if anyone bites? Watch the ticker for the next 24 Hours…

Totally disingenuous…classic formula.

Disstevefan1

Actually I only spent $74.58 on WDW property.

Saturday: Lunch at Casey's Corney $16.48 & 2 beer at SSR $19.17
Sunday: Dinner at Pecos Bill's $38.40 (for two people)

So again, this lie that you are being nickeled and dimed at WDW is just that, a lie. But based on your previous posts, you're nothing more than 💩 stirrer, so I genuinely have no interest in engaging with you because you are too full of yourself to engage in a good faith conversation ☮️ out
Excellent you kept it under $75 for two people for a day at MK!

Did you do any attractions on that day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom