News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

Lilofan

Kevin Lansberry is stepping in as interim CFO, effective July 1.
Hollywood Reporter advising Lansberry will be earn annually $1M base, & $1M bonus etc and Disney providing him housing. Not a bad deal for the former VP of DAK and Downtown Disney back in the day.

Newtwo

Hire this man as CFO.

SUC_307_041321_MP_00197V2.jpg

Sir_Cliff

I also would love to know...

People mostly seem to hate her for a snarky comment she made, that was clearly in poor taste, and likely her attempt to inject humour. Again all done insanely poorly and distastefully.

But it's not like she's Kim Jong un, although some on here make her sound like the devil apparent.
Yeah, I also want to know what she specifically did that was so terrible people are overjoyed at her departure.

I mean, did she spearhead anything beyond executing the policies of the CEOs that warrants particular animus?

Maybe she did, but so far I haven't seen any references to any of those things. If she didn't, why does anyone care that she'll be replaced by someone else that will just continue executing Iger's policies?

If this is all about that comment about waistlines, then god help us.

Lilofan

Yeah, I also want to know what she specifically did that was so terrible people are overjoyed at her departure.

I mean, did she spearhead anything beyond executing the policies of the CEOs that warrants particular animus?

Maybe she did, but so far I haven't seen any references to any of those things. If she didn't, why does anyone care that she'll be replaced by someone else that will just continue executing Iger's policies?

If this is all about that comment about waistlines, then god help us.
A CFO role includes implementing cuts to the operations that impact the guest experience to including cast member layoffs, increase revenue with innovative plans etc etc .

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Is it also an "idiotic smear" that under her tenure, Disney has been hell-bent on squeezing every penny they can from their customers because she helped Bob go on a drunken rampage with the company credit card?
Maybe if you're incapable of managing a budget. But I've never felt penny pinched in my trips. When I went Memorial Day Weekend, I think I maybe spent $100 total on property. You're just making up lies at this point.

the_rich

If that were the case, she'd be retiring, or leaving to spend more time with family. Leaving for FMLA reasons is quite different, and if not for one of the qualified reasons would amount to fraud.
Don't bother trying to reason with him. He knows why everything happens. Forget the fact that fmla is only give with cause.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People should always try to lead with tact and humanity first. We don’t need to act like childish bullies.
That’s true…but trying to bury the lead and change subjects isn’t warranted either.

She is an executive at a company we all watch closely. One with “issues”.

Not our aunt or our neighbor. We don’t know her.

We can continue to wish for good health/fortune for EVERYONE while at the same time admitting that she probably needed to be relieved…no matter if it’s health related or not.

Trying to make it a Red Cross type discussion is as cynical as being nasty. It’s disingenuous at best…fake “niceties”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If that were the case, she'd be retiring, or leaving to spend more time with family. Leaving for FMLA reasons is quite different, and if not for one of the qualified reasons would amount to fraud.
Are you serious?

FMLA malfeasance??

Is it possible she was out…or on the outs…and this was going on at the same time?

Probably “likely”

You really gotta stop thinking the SEC is watching every move. That was never a thing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't get FMLA as a C-Suite executive at a Fortune 500 company if your circumstances aren't dire. Let's extend some grace to a woman who is clearly going through trying times.
Anyone is entitled to FMLA in the United States.

It’s under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Affectionally called “cobra”…the big Willy special.

She doesn’t financially need it…it allows for no elimination of position or cancellation of group medical.

So you don’t technically “resign” into FMLA.

Maybe the medical? But still she is allowed to buy it…under COBRA…at the group cost.

Like most Iger things…this story doesn’t fully check out.

I bet she doesn’t go on squawk box and do interviews…fresh NDA just inked.

Brian

Anyone is entitled to FMLA in the United States.

It’s under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act

Affectionally called “cobra”…the big Willy special.

She doesn’t financially need it…it allows for no elimination of position or cancellation of group medical.

So you don’t technically “resign” into FMLA.

Maybe the medical? But still she is allowed to buy it…under COBRA…at the group cost.

Like most Iger things…this story doesn’t fully check out.

I bet she doesn’t go on squawk box and do interviews…fresh NDA just inked.
Not everyone is entitled to FMLA in the U.S. There's certain eligibility requirements. There's also provisions to exclude "key employees" such as McCarthy from job restoration following leave.

As a C-suite executive, McCarthy is considered a "key employee." Restoration to one's job may be denied to key employees should the company deem that restoration would cause "substantial and grievous economic injury to the company." § 825.218

Reading between the lines, I would guess that they reached an agreement to provide her with her FMLA leave and allow her to stay on in limited capacity through 2024, while giving up the CFO spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom