Chip n Dale News

theverynk

Soooo many characters going in for facelifts!
And did someone mention Smee?! SMEE?! Why does HE need a facelift?
I hope to god they don't make him a face character like the aweful monstrosity that is in DAWM!! That is scary beyond all reason. I like meeting the PP characters, and Smee is always good fun. Having him suddenly be ale to 'speak', and make real face gestures would be odd. He has always been a masked character. It kinda fits with his comic persona.

Don't do it Disney!!! Noooooo!! LOL

On the other hand, to finally meet the B&B ch's on a regular basis would be cool :D

Gorjus

Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but articulated heads are only for shows, and not for meet and greets. I guess eventually the technology will be there to do that. Right now you can buy a robot head that when you are wearing it and speak, it sounds like you are a robot. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to have a characters friend speak and have the voice come out of a "transmogrifier"(Calvin and Hobbes fans unite) as if it was Mickey's voice.

theverynk

Me again, one random thot.
Why do they need to "go away for a bit"? Can't Disney just make the new costumes while the other characters exist?
And if they are worried about consistency, maybe they could not be around for like a day or two to avoid the "well yesterday he looked like this...", but why the need for any longer?

Blackie Pueblo

Oh man. Even the Disney characters are going under the knife. EVERYONE is afraid to get old now a days. LOL!

So I don't understand how this works. Do they really pull ALL the Dale's for update? They can't do like upgrades on a few at a time? Or are they that serious that they can't have mix and matches?

"I take great pride in the artistic development of cartoons."
---Walter Elias Disney

Blackie Pueblo

HA HA I got it I got it.. Fish N Chip(s). Ha.. ha.. ahem.. you an have it back. :p

"I take great pride in the artistic development of cartoons."
---Walter Elias Disney

drew81

Original Poster
Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but articulated heads are only for shows, and not for meet and greets. I guess eventually the technology will be there to do that. Right now you can buy a robot head that when you are wearing it and speak, it sounds like you are a robot. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to have a characters friend speak and have the voice come out of a "transmogrifier"(Calvin and Hobbes fans unite) as if it was Mickey's voice.

Yes you are right.

drew81

Original Poster
Me again, one random thot.
Why do they need to "go away for a bit"? Can't Disney just make the new costumes while the other characters exist?
And if they are worried about consistency, maybe they could not be around for like a day or two to avoid the "well yesterday he looked like this...", but why the need for any longer?

I'm not sure how that will be done. They might take them away for a while then *poof* they're back. I don't know. Its still just a rumor.

JimboJones123

I'd like to see a Dale that looks a bit more different than Chip. Maybe there is a bigger plan coming down the pipe for C&D? It's sure been a long time since Rescue Rangers.

kcw

Find out something is being refurbished the day you walk on set and see scaffolding. BTW, exterior of the buildings in UK in the herb garden are being refurbished. Great sign: "Be not vexed by our appearance..."

haha that totally threw me too!!!

I heard a rumor that the B&B characters might all get articulated. Cogs, Lumiere, Potts and Chip.

Did you know Smee will have Lilo like feet?

That would be fantastic!!!

and ya, I had heard that- I was hoping it would be done before I went down there, but no luck

Soooo many characters going in for facelifts!
And did someone mention Smee?! SMEE?! Why does HE need a facelift?
I hope to god they don't make him a face character like the aweful monstrosity that is in DAWM!! That is scary beyond all reason. I like meeting the PP characters, and Smee is always good fun. Having him suddenly be ale to 'speak', and make real face gestures would be odd. He has always been a masked character. It kinda fits with his comic persona.

Don't do it Disney!!! Noooooo!! LOL

no worries- the reason Smee and Hook went to face characters from DAWM is so that they could be articulated like the fab 5 (well 4, I guess). We all know how rough they look from stage- it's even scarier up close. They'll be staying as fur for M&Gs- just with a bit of plastic surgery for smee.

drew81

Original Poster
no worries- the reason Smee and Hook went to face characters from DAWM is so that they could be articulated like the fab 5 (well 4, I guess). We all know how rough they look from stage- it's even scarier up close. They'll be staying as fur for M&Gs- just with a bit of plastic surgery for smee.

I'm anxious to see Smee. Hopefully he'll be out by this fall.

dvitali

Maybe a face lift is a good idea. Maybe now I can tell which one is Chip and who Dale. But Please do not have them wear sweater with a C and D on them because My kids already call them Alvin and the Chipmunk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom