Chicken Exits?

Ariel484

Original Poster
Hi all-

My mom is coming to WDW with us (my husband, brother and me) in February for the Princess Half :sohappy: and she's not into thrill rides, while the rest of us are. Do all of the thrill rides have "chicken exits" or just some? I'm talking ToT (she's a fan of the show so I especially want her to see this queue, and this is the only one I'm sure has a chicken exit), Everest, Splash, Space, etc....thanks! :wave:

Hi all-

My mom is coming to WDW with us (my husband, brother and me) in February for the Princess Half :sohappy: and she's not into thrill rides, while the rest of us are. Do all of the thrill rides have "chicken exits" or just some? I'm talking ToT (she's a fan of the show so I especially want her to see this queue, and this is the only one I'm sure has a chicken exit), Everest, Splash, Space, etc....thanks! :wave:

For the most part (not sure about TOT) she can just walk through the car and just wait for you at the exit.

Walt Disney1955

Splash has a "chicken exit". Like the other poster said she'll just go through the ride and wait on the other side which is exactly where your boat wll end up again. Just tell the Disney cast member that your mom is skipping it and they'll bypass her. Ditto for Thunder Mountain. Tower of Terror I am not sure, I've never seen anyone use it but there must be somewhere to get out in the boiler room.

Not sure if she'd be freaked out with Haunted Mansion (she shouldn't tell her not to miss that) but I can't think of a way to exit once you are in there. Everest you end up at exactly the same spot anyways so that would be fine. Not sure how it would work with Space though

Wilt Dasney

For the most part (not sure about TOT) she can just walk through the car and just wait for you at the exit.

Tower of Terror I am not sure, I've never seen anyone use it but there must be somewhere to get out in the boiler room.
ToT most definitely has a chicken exit. But it still freaks some people out, since it's...an elevator. :lookaroun

Anyway, when you get to the load area, just tell the bellhop one member of your party won't be checking in and wishes to exit the hotel. You'll be taken down to the lobby at a very leisurely pace. :)

SAV

I didn't think Chickens were allowed to be brought into parks...do you need to keep them on a leash? What other livestock can be brought into the parks? :shrug:

Pioneer Hall

To help you out, here is a list that I think should cover everything...

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain- Best bet is to tell the CM as you are being split in to the different queues for boarding.

Haunted Mansion- Yes it does have one, and it is actually themed really nicely. After the stretching room there is a door you can go through if you are "Too filled with fright". It will take you through the servants quarters and outside.

Splash Mountain- Tell the CM as you are being sent to the log. There is a staircase you can use to get to the other side.

Thunder Mountain- Tell the CM, cross through the Car.

Epcot

Soarin-Tell the CM, you'll be shown to the exit.

Test Track- Cross through Car

Mission:Space- Tell CM at the final preshow area that you want to go to the advanced training lab.

Studios

Tower of Terror- As others have said...tell the CM as you are being sorted that you want to leave. You will be directed to a much tamer elevator.

Rock n Roller Coaster- Tell the sorting CM again. There is a door near the back of the train that will take you out to the exit area.

Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur- Cross through the car.

Kali- Just exit

Everest- Tell the sorting CM and they will direct you to the exit.

Captain Hank

Epcot

Mission:Space- Tell CM at the final preshow area that you want to go to the advanced training lab.
Even better, tell the CM that groups you into a Briefing Room. There is a specific area inside the room for Guests to stand if they don't plan on experiencing the attraction.

wdwwdeagle

^^^
DisneyInsider beat me to it.
I think my Eaglette could write a book called Disney Chicken Exits. She's done them all, multiple times!

The elevator in TOT definitely caught her by surprise, and we still laugh about that one. Last time she was actually sitting in the ride elevator, about to buckle up, when she chickened out and they still let her off just prior to closing the doors.

I don't know if they do this with adults, but with her being a kid, she sometimes meets back up with us with little treats from the CMs -- fastpasses good for any ride, or a souvenir card or something -- not often, but occasionally. They are very nice about it and look after the younger 'chickens' until the party meets back up with them after the ride.

Lately, she has gotten old enough, and knows the parks well enough, that sometimes she'll just go hang out in the store at the end of the ride and wait there. Wouldn't suggest that with a younger one, but with a teenager I think it's fine. Of course, your mom may love that idea, especially if she's a shopper!

LoriMistress

To help you out, here is a list that I think should cover everything...

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain- Best bet is to tell the CM as you are being split in to the different queues for boarding.

Haunted Mansion- Yes it does have one, and it is actually themed really nicely. After the stretching room there is a door you can go through if you are "Too filled with fright". It will take you through the servants quarters and outside.

Splash Mountain- Tell the CM as you are being sent to the log. There is a staircase you can use to get to the other side.

Thunder Mountain- Tell the CM, cross through the Car.

Epcot

Soarin-Tell the CM, you'll be shown to the exit.

Test Track- Cross through Car

Studios

Tower of Terror- As others have said...tell the CM as you are being sorted that you want to leave. You will be directed to a much tamer elevator.

Rock n Roller Coaster- Tell the sorting CM again. There is a door near the back of the train that will take you out to the exit area.

Animal Kingdom

Dinosaur- Cross through the car.

Kali- Just exit

Everest- Tell the sorting CM and they will direct you to the exit.

Thank you for the breakdown!

ABigBrassBand

Not sure if she'd be freaked out with Haunted Mansion (she shouldn't tell her not to miss that) but I can't think of a way to exit once you are in there. Everest you end up at exactly the same spot anyways so that would be fine. Not sure how it would work with Space though

Mansion: Theres an exit before you get on the DB's.

Space: Behind the line there are corridors to the unloading area. I remember because I had a bloody nose and went down there to the unloading area to find a CM that could help me.

PeoplemoverTTA

This thread has perfect timing for me. I want to plan a long weekend trip in October, and I was wondering about chicken exits for my sister. She won't go on any thrill rides, and I always feel guilty going on something and leaving her alone.

Plus, I really think she'd enjoy the details in the Space Mountain and ToT queues (she went on ToT once, and never again, in 1997, but she doesn't remember anything....I think she's trying to erase it from her memory :lol:).

That breakdown was really helpful, DisneyInsider, thanks :)

GenerationX

You know, we've had countless threads devoted to attractions, restaurants, stores, souvenirs, queues, shows, characters, and even garbage cans. Why not a thread devoted to chicken exits? Now, we just need people to post pictures of the chicken exits and argue over whether or not you should be able to line jump if you're headed straight to the chicken exit. Ethical? Moral? Can you enter the chicken exit in reverse to see it? Or, better yet, are the chicken exits as good as they used to be?

Phonedave

^^^
DisneyInsider beat me to it.
I think my Eaglette could write a book called Disney Chicken Exits. She's done them all, multiple times!

The elevator in TOT definitely caught her by surprise, and we still laugh about that one. Last time she was actually sitting in the ride elevator, about to buckle up, when she chickened out and they still let her off just prior to closing the doors.

I don't know if they do this with adults, but with her being a kid, she sometimes meets back up with us with little treats from the CMs -- fastpasses good for any ride, or a souvenir card or something -- not often, but occasionally. They are very nice about it and look after the younger 'chickens' until the party meets back up with them after the ride.

Lately, she has gotten old enough, and knows the parks well enough, that sometimes she'll just go hang out in the store at the end of the ride and wait there. Wouldn't suggest that with a younger one, but with a teenager I think it's fine. Of course, your mom may love that idea, especially if she's a shopper!

My oldest daughter (now 11) hates hates HATES ToT. She will ride just about anything else (loves RnRC) but just hates ToT. Now that she is older and also has a cell phone, she enjoys taking the chicken exit. She looks at some stuff to buy and hangs out in the gift shop, very often a CM comes with her and they end up talking (which she thinks is sooooo cool). When my youngest and I get off the ride, if we don't see her, I give her a call (she is usually looking at mech). It works out very well for all.

-dave

Ariel484

Original Poster
This is great, thanks so much for the replies!

Big Phil - I agree about HM, I think she'd be okay with that one, it's mostly roller coasters, drops, etc.

DisneyInsider - that list is perfect! Thank you so much!

Captain Hank - EvenI won't go on M:S so we're okay there! :eek:

PeoplemoverTTA - I think we're in the exact same situation. I really think my mom would love the ToT queue...I think she's going to think I am trying to trick her when she sees that the chicken exit is an elevator though! :lol:

Again, thanks for the help everyone! :wave:

heartodisney

We had to take the "chicken exit" in the HM one ..of all nights..Mickeys' Christmas Parade..while the lines were nothing. We got thru the strech room and were waiting for the doom buggies for about 15 minutes, and the CM's asked us to file thru the door...wish I had had my camera ready...really cool stuff in there! It was kind something my wife and I will not forget!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom