Chef Mickey VS Crystal palace

Tayles

Original Poster
I am taking my 22mth old to WDW for the 1st time in May. Just wondering if someone could give me input on which breakfast would be more entertaining for him. I've been to chef mickey and know that its a lot of fun, but have never been to crystal palace.

coltow

We had a bad experience at CP last time we went and won't be going back any time soon. I'm sure we just hit it on a bad day, but the characters were not so friendly and were very rushed. We love Chef Mickey's and would always pick it over CP. It probably depends on the characters your child likes more. The food choices are close to the same.

wdwmomof3

My sister really likes CP so we are going there for dinner this next time to try it out too. Personally, I think that the characters are better at Chef Mickeys, but it all depends on who your child really likes. The food should be close to the same at both for breakfast. However, one advantage to CP is that you would already be in the park. Sorry for not being very helpful. :eek:

KristieLC

Will you be doing other character meals? If so, and some already have Mickey and some of his friends, I would do crystal palace. We always liked it there!

ColinCodymom

We also had a bad experience at CP last time we went for breakfast. On the other hand Chef Mickey's is a must-do for us on every trip. We love it and told the workers at CP that Chef Mickey's blew them out of the water. They were surprised but we didn't like it. It might have been an off day so we are planning to go back, but for dinner this time. I would definitely pick Chef Mickey's over CP!! IMO:sohappy:

Tayles

Original Poster
Thanks for all your opinions. As far as the characters my child loves Pooh and Tigger, but also loves Mickey. He watches both shows every weekend on disney channel and has both DVD's that we watch in car everyday. I don't know how he will react to the characters but I think he would have a lot of fun at chef mickey since they dance and sing. He loves music. Just wasn't sure if anything like that happened at CP.

NewfieFan

Thanks for all your opinions. As far as the characters my child loves Pooh and Tigger, but also loves Mickey. He watches both shows every weekend on disney channel and has both DVD's that we watch in car everyday. I don't know how he will react to the characters but I think he would have a lot of fun at chef mickey since they dance and sing. He loves music. Just wasn't sure if anything like that happened at CP.

The characters do a little parade around the room at CP!

I like both of those character meals myself and would have a hard time picking! In terms of character interaction... I think we've had better attention at CP but Chef Mickey's is a close second! Eeyore was so great on our first trip in '07! The characters seemed a little rushed on our last visit to Chef Mickey's but Minnie did take the time to flirt with my brother!:animwink: I guess it depends on what day you're there!?! My kids still love Pooh so CP is always a must for us. The only negative thing about Chef Mickey's might be the fact that there is construction going on right now. We were there in Sept. and it was LOUD (really it was too loud)... it almost ruined the experience b/c of all the construction noise going on around us. I'm not faulting them for that (work has to be done and has to be done during working hours) but I personally wouldn't go again while they were doing construction!

Good luck with your choice!

Figment632

Foodwise I remeber them having pretty identical menus. You just have to decide if you would rather dine with Pooh or Mickey.

Animaniac93-98

Foodwise I remeber them having pretty identical menus. You just have to decide if you would rather dine with Pooh or Mickey.

Agreed, but the setting is nicer at CP (but it's LOUD) and if you book it later in the day you get a break from the morning park rush or book early and get into the park early. Same price for each though.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Both! hee hee :ROFLOL:I love both! I'm sorry you had a bad experience at CP - i've been so many times and it has always been great! And Chef Mickey's I went to for the first time this last trip and it was SO MUCH fun! Loved it! :sohappy:

macsmom

I ate at both places last trip, but was solo. My experiences were great at both places. I was kind of nervous being solo, but all the characters made sure I felt right at home and included me in all the hugs and picture taking! My pictures turned out great and all my friends at home were stunned to learn that Mickey, Pooh and all their friends included me!

danna

SchultzFamily

We prefer CP by far over CM. CP is a must do for us every year for the first ADR for breakfast so that we can walk Main Street without a lot of people, have puffed french toast and see Pooh and friends. We like CM--breakfast more than dinner, but it is just "too" busy for us.

KC82271

My 3.5 year old DD has been 5 times. Each time (except 1) we have done CP for Breakfast. She loves it. We have also done CM for dinner all but one visit. We are heading back in 90 days and she has requested CP for breakfast and CM for Dinner. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book CM for dinner the nights we are free, so she's out of luck. But both are great. If you can manage to do two, do them both. If it's only one - my vote goes for Pooh and friends!

fascion216

yeah i had a great experience at both breakfasts on my last trip. the advantage to crystal palace is that you are already in the magic kingdom .. but then again at the chef mickeys you are just a monorail ride away! guess it just depends which characters you like better ... you will get the mickey waffles at either place! those are my fav *yum* :sohappy:

mouselvrmom

We prefer CP over CM's. Although we usually like to go for lunch or dinner. I love the atmosphere in CP. It is really beautiful in there with all of the light. I don't think there is anything special about CM's that would make me want to eat there every trip, yet we do eat at CP on every trip.

Pooh'sBuddy

We went to both on our recent trip. I prefer CM over CP. The food was pretty much the same :slurp: and the atmosphere and service were great at both.

At Chef Mickey's we had time with each of the five characters. At Crystal Palace, we were visited by Pooh, Tigger and Piglet. Eyeore lagged behind and we decided to leave to make sure we got to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin before the wait time increased. (That was our choice.) Pooh, unfortunately, not as nice as Tigger and Piglet.

Is Chef Mickey's getting refurbed soon?

jer

TheJonesys

We visited both back in October though not for breakfast. You seemed to get alot more attention from all of the characters at Chef Mickeys, BUT Tigger at the Crystal Palace was fantastic he spent ages at the table and made both my children really giggle and was the character they voted as the best at the end of the holiday.....my advice.....do both!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom