Cheesy Cookies?

tigsmom

Looks like a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses cheese chips instead (which don't exist, as far as I know). :lol:

They use cheese to make fudge so why not :shrug:

Phonedave

I would cut back on the sugars and maybe omit the vanilla and replace it with something more savory that would go better with cheese - black pepper, sage, basil - sonmthing along those lines.

It's just a basic cookie recipe, take a regular tollhouse like cookie and find a section with no chocolate in it. Eat that with a hunk of cheese.

I am thinking this would be better with a different cheese than cheddar, but the problem is you need somthing that can take the baking in the oven.

-dave

sarabi

Here in Wisconsin, we put cheese on our apple pie, and it's pretty good! (sharp cheese balancing the sweet... nice, actually, though I prefer mine without cheese cuz I like to taste the sweet more).

You could try it and see what happens. What do you have to lose except an egg, a couple cups flour, and some brown sugar, right?

SirNim

Yup, generic choco-chip recipe with cheese chunks replacing the choco-chips. So, imagine a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate, but with cheddar. Of course, the cheddar bits would never stay as perfectly formed chips inside the oven. They would probably melt into the dough itself, making the cookie a uniform sugary/cheesy delight. Because of this fact, and because I don't think sugary dough can withstand a savory addition, I would be hesitant to try this recipe. Then again, why not?

SirNim

I am thinking this would be better with a different cheese than cheddar, but the problem is you need somthing that can take the baking in the oven.
Perhaps small chunks of Parmigiano-Reggiano (the undisputed king of cheeses), with a light dusting of shaved Gruyère on top.

yankspy

I am pretty sure this is a joke. Notice it calls for "SEMI-sharp" as in semi-sweet. I have never really heard of cheese described as "semi-sharp".

scheat

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses guys-I guess it's obvious no one who responded has tried them yet. I'm sure that semi-sharp cheddar cheese doesn't exist either, but I'm gonna try them with what I think would be a similar amount of mild cheddar and see what happens. Dead or alive, after trying them, I'll come back and give a report. Wish me luck.

tigsmom

Thanks for the responses guys-I guess it's obvious no one who responded has tried them yet. I'm sure that semi-sharp cheddar cheese doesn't exist either, but I'm gonna try them with what I think would be a similar amount of mild cheddar and see what happens. Dead or alive, after trying them, I'll come back and give a report. Wish me luck.

Yes it does, you can find it with the other cheeses. Mild, semi sharp, sharp & extra sharp. Toss the cheese chunks with just a little flour to keep them from settling and stir them in by hand or place a few small chunks in the dough after you form the cookies. Don't put it thru the mixer or it will break up.

yankspy

Yes it does, you can find it with the other cheeses. Mild, semi sharp, sharp & extra sharp. Toss the cheese chunks with just a little flour to keep them from settling and stir them in by hand or place a few small chunks in the dough after you form the cookies. Don't put it thru the mixer or it will break up.
Oops. I guess I am not a cheese monger. :) I was thinking a little on this. What about Ricotta? I know you can't make chips necessarily with it but it is mild enough to not interfere with the sweetness and it can definitely stand up to the baking. You may have to drain it rather well so it does not make the cookies watery.

tigsmom

Oops. I guess I am not a cheese monger. :) I was thinking a little on this. What about Ricotta? I know you can't make chips necessarily with it but it is mild enough to not interfere with the sweetness and it can definitely stand up to the baking. You may have to drain it rather well so it does not make the cookies watery.

Ricotta is too wet. You need something dry enough to resemble chips, though ricotta cookies are yummy.

yankspy

Ricotta is too wet. You need something dry enough to resemble chips, though ricotta cookies are yummy.
I know, I was cheating there because you can't make chips with it. However, you said that riccota cookies are yummy, do tell. I did not know such a thing existed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom