Cheerleaders in WDW

I've read alot about the Pop Warner cheerleaders in WDW in December. The last thing I need is a vacation filled with teenage cheerleaders, does anyone know when they will be there this year or how I could find out?

LoriMistress

Even if they all looked like Hayden Panettiere from Heroes and were re-enacting the shower scene from Porky's, the moment I hear that high-pitched "WE'RE HAPPY AND WE SHOW IT SO YOU JUST CAN'T HELP BUT KNOW IT" squeal, I want to give them the opportunity to see what Kurt Cobain's doing nowadays. Grrrrr...

That's funny.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Once again the info from this site saved me from making a HUGE mistake. I have never seen wdw decorated for christmas and was going to go the first week in December and stay in a value resort. WELL NOT ANY MORE. Looks like second week December for me. THANKS AGAIN WDWMAGIC POSTERS!!!!!

Upvote 0

lilmizpixie3

My boyfriend and I went to Disney for spring break March 5-8 and stayed at the all star sports and it was FILLED with cheerleaders who ran down the halls and yelled and cheered at all hours of the day. I dont know if there the pop warner or whatever, but we saw them at all the parks too. It was almost nightmarish when it came time to get food at the hotel. :brick:

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

In 2005 we stayed at POR pop warner week, we had a few bad encounters with the girls on the bus and in the food court. But we really didn't see them in the parks...could have been we were just at different parks each day.

I was thinking mabey if you stayed somewhere where they are NOT staying you wouldn't see them so much. It's an idea...It was much less crowded that week.

Upvote 0

TomDisney

Even if they all looked like Hayden Panettiere from Heroes and were re-enacting the shower scene from Porky's, the moment I hear that high-pitched "WE'RE HAPPY AND WE SHOW IT SO YOU JUST CAN'T HELP BUT KNOW IT" squeal, I want to give them the opportunity to see what Kurt Cobain's doing nowadays. Grrrrr...

Muzzle a cheerleader....Save the (Disney) world!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

Dakotadisney

!st time on the boards! So excited! We are planning our trip the first week in February. Any chance some of these cheerleaders/dance/drill team kids will stay at Wilderness Lodge? I can't imagine they would have the budget for it, but who knows! Last year we were at CBR and a bunch were there. They kicked my girls out of the hot tub. Do they generally stay at the value and moderate resorts?

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

!st time on the boards! So excited! We are planning our trip the first week in February. Any chance some of these cheerleaders/dance/drill team kids will stay at Wilderness Lodge? I can't imagine they would have the budget for it, but who knows! Last year we were at CBR and a bunch were there. They kicked my girls out of the hot tub. Do they generally stay at the value and moderate resorts?

They don't usually stay at deluxes, probably in part because of $$$ and in part because deluxes don't usually have the quantity of rooms necessary for a lock booking like that, let alone the space on the grounds for those oh-so-fun 5 a.m. practice sessions.

I'd suggest, if anyone were to go during a cheerleader competition, either try to stay at a deluxe or, if you can't afford that, the Coronado. Since it's geared a little more towards business/conventioneeres, it'd hold less sway for kids, and grownups there on business probably wouldn't tolerate that jackassery

Upvote 0

CBOMB

I've stayed at WL the first week of February the last six years, and have never seen a group of them at the Lodge or on any of it's bus, and boat transportation. You will see a few groups in the parks, but they have all been very well behaved the last few years in the parks, at least when I was around them.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

We were there the first week of May this year during Disney Music Days, and I have to say it was the best experiance with large school groups I have ever had. The kids were all well behaved in the parks and a pleasure to stand in line with. And we even got to see the different marching bands perform before the parades.

Upvote 0

Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Yeah. I got mad at those cheerleaders. I was supposed to watch my little sister when she was in the hot tub and then all the cheerleaders decided to ALL go in the hot tub. One of the lifeguards didn't know the max capacity so they called somone else to come down and check it out. They said it was over the max capacity and so some people had to get out. My sister and I were some of the people that had to get out. All the cheerleaders weren't moving. They all got to stay in.:mad: That was at CBR. Were there any other incidents with cheerleaders that you have had?? If so, tell the story and where you stayed.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

The choirs get me more riled up. When I've spent 10 hours at MK and am on the ferry with 600 other people, 20 of whom are choir RIGHT BEHIND ME, I don't want to hear them singing at the top of their lungs, or shrieking, or even breathing. It's rude. And their chaperones/mothers should stay sober long enough to tell them to stop. I have yet - as a CM or as a guest - to encounter a sober chaperone anytime after initial group check in. My concierge CM-spy has had instances with drunken chaperones that have ended in the sheriff's department being called - on more than one occassion.

They usually stay at value resorts. If you do not stay at a value, you may have run ins with them on some transport (ie, ferry or monorail) and at the actual parks, where they travel in packs of at least 20 and walk six people wide, occassionally linking arms so it is impossible to get around them... :fork: anyway.

Apologies to any chaperones or cheerleaders/choir/whatever that are actually respectful and well behaved. I just haven't seen any of you yet.

Upvote 0

Thumper's Mom

We were there last Dec. We have gone the same week before, but after last year, NEVER again! We had more problems with the football teams! Don't even get me started on the horrible situation at Winter/Summerland. :brick: I don't know whether it was the lack of chaprones or maybe the ones they had just didn't care. When you get that many horomonal young teen boys in one area, they do not hesitate using their sheer numbers to get their own way! (they travel in packs!)

Nope, never again!!!!!

Upvote 0

Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Geez. I hope that means that you will be going back to the World, but just not at that time. I didn't know that football players went there. I guess that any team could go there if they had enough $$$. It is spendy.

Upvote 0

sboyd1972

My husband and I stayed at CBR first week of February and the resort was filled with cheerleaders. They only people who are more obnoxious than them is the mothers who think they are being cute and little angels. I don't call screaming at 1:00 in the morning, walking 10 abreast, not giving up seats on the buses to older people or to people carrying sleeping children cute. That is rude. From the looks of some different posts it seems like they are there alot more than the first week of December.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We were there last Dec. We have gone the same week before, but after last year, NEVER again! We had more problems with the football teams! Don't even get me started on the horrible situation at Winter/Summerland. :brick: I don't know whether it was the lack of chaprones or maybe the ones they had just didn't care. When you get that many horomonal young teen boys in one area, they do not hesitate using their sheer numbers to get their own way! (they travel in packs!)

Nope, never again!!!!!

I really don't see any difference in a pack of horomonal young teen boys or a pack of horomonal young teen girls!

Upvote 0

Thumper's Mom

Well, a pack of hormonal teenage boys are more the bullying kind while the teen girls are just....ahhh....rambuncious! (ex. the spelling:lookaroun )

Like I said, it was not a good experience! :(

Upvote 0

Thumper's Mom

Geez. I hope that means that you will be going back to the World, but just not at that time. I didn't know that football players went there. I guess that any team could go there if they had enough $$$. It is spendy.

We are definitely going back...have 2 weeks booked for Sept. with the free dining. :sohappy: Pop Warner also does the football teams as well. I was so angry over what happened, I contacted the company...was I ever shocked when I looked up on their web site and discovered that their home office is not more than 10 min from my house! Almost paid them a personal visit! :D

Upvote 0

Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

We are definitely going back...have 2 weeks booked for Sept. with the free dining. :sohappy: Pop Warner also does the football teams as well. I was so angry over what happened, I contacted the company...was I ever shocked when I looked up on their web site and discovered that their home office is not more than 10 min from my house! Almost paid them a personal visit! :D
That's good that you'll be going back. There aren't any teams at Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans is there? We really wanna stay at Wilderness Lodge, but if that doesn't work out, we plan on staying at Port Orleans.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom