Cheerleaders in WDW

I've read alot about the Pop Warner cheerleaders in WDW in December. The last thing I need is a vacation filled with teenage cheerleaders, does anyone know when they will be there this year or how I could find out?

DisneyWood

Dec. 2 through Dec 10, 2006

We stayed at Coronado Springs last December. I don't remember seeing any cheerleaders at the resort. We do remember seeing a few teams walk around the parks. They were not too obnoxious, just singing & cheering while walking through World Showcase. They were trying to show everyone how much Christmas Spirit they had.

I think a lot of the younger generation has forgotten proper manners. (Giving up your seat on the bus, not yelling in confined spaces, being quiet during sleeping hours, etc). I don't think we should just single out the cheerleaders, even though they tend to magnify the problem by being loud.

I would agree that the parents of the teenagers/ cheerleaders can lead by example, and even dish out a little discipline (yes, discipline to their little angels) if they become unruly.

People should not have their family trips ruined by disrespectful people (any age group).

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I really don't see any difference in a pack of horomonal young teen boys or a pack of horomonal young teen girls!

Granted, I lead a sheltered life, but when I went to parties in high school or college, it was much more rare to see a lady grab a guy against his will, saying "Yeah, gots ta get me some of that!" Whereas some of the chowderheads they had passing for young men had more of an issue understanding that you really oughta check if a woman wants to be grabbed before you commence to grabbing.

Upvote 0

Ashley Michelle

There aren't any teams at Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans is there? We really wanna stay at Wilderness Lodge, but if that doesn't work out, we plan on staying at Port Orleans.

Port Orleans is where my team stayed, not sure about Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It seems to be a "mob mentality" with the cheerleaders. If they have enough of them, there is nobody that can tell them they are wrong. Before we even had our child we had a group yelling and cheering on a bus after park close one night. Next to me were two young sleeping children. I first asked them to be quiet, and then (in a more authoritative tone) told both them and their parents (who weren't stopping them) that there were kids trying to sleep, and that they should have respect for others if they really wanted to represent their school well. I then challenged them to tell me what school they were from so that I could contact it to let them know how they represented them. Funny though - nobody said a word then.

Upvote 0

tooltime

Even if they all looked like Hayden Panettiere from Heroes and were re-enacting the shower scene from Porky's, the moment I hear that high-pitched "WE'RE HAPPY AND WE SHOW IT SO YOU JUST CAN'T HELP BUT KNOW IT" squeal, I want to give them the opportunity to see what Kurt Cobain's doing nowadays. Grrrrr...

turn up the heat!

any cheer would test my nerves

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom