Cheerleader Warning

Gucci65

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to warn all of you who try to avoid cheerleaders that there will be a huge competition on March 11, 12 & 13th.

On Saturday the 12th - competition OR practices (can't remember which) will be held at the Indiana Jones auditorium in MGM.

(We won't be there because Boo47 has not joined a competition team yet.)

Plan accordingly :lol:

jesserin

Actually - just a word of advice from a coach - the cheerleaders aren't nearly as bad as some of the sports teams that come to WDW - it seems to me like there is alot more organization and coach control in cheerleaders than in alot of the youth sports - in fact most of the annoying irritating beligerant stories are from the jr. high football teams that come every year -

Just a thought - the cheer competitions are actually quite interesting and as long as you avoid staying at the All Stars while they're in town- you usually won't hear much from them except possibly chanting around the parks - but this is still much kinder than the obnoxious little football players (can you tell which one's were there the last time we visited???) :D

Upvote 0

coasterphil

I made the mistake of going to Six Flags Over Georgia when they were having a cheer competition and it was an absolute mess. Girls were sitting in huge groups right in front of the gates cheering and screeming, it was horrible. I know Disney has better crowd control, but I'm never going to a park during a cheer competition again.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Original Poster
During our trip last December, there were cheerleaders all over MGM. They were annoying. Chanting / cheering everywhere we went in the park. I really didn't want to hear this since I had just wrapped up troublesome season of coaching 8th grade rec cheerleaders.

Year before that, a group of cheerleaders from California was on the flight with us. The captain said lets give them a round of applause and remind them to remain seated and quiet for the rest of the flight. AMEN to that! When we checked into POR, there was already quite a few Pop Warner football teams. Too me, they weren't as noisey as the cheerleaders. They just loaded up with food in the food court and took off without paying for it. :eek:

I have a cheerleader of my own, so I hold no grudges. I just know there are people out there who want to avoid them like the plaque.

Upvote 0

Figment1986

cheerleaders were just at the resort like last weekend.....

I dont hear much complaints towards them as us bandmembers get.... (the ones who sing slong to IASW off key... (their is a reason why we are in band..) and sing along to POTC.... and yell.. We Wants the Redhead....)

I dont see why people hate band members..... :lookaroun

(cheerleaders aint bad.... stay away from their rooms and your fine..)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

thanks Gucci!! I tried to give you some green but the system said I couldnt!!! Good information though and kind of you to think of us non child having types!!!! Belle

Upvote 0
The last time I flew up north I was sitting in the terminal waiting for my flight, I saw a huge group coming down the isle, I was at the very end of the terminal sure enough half of them branched off to a flight to providence and the other half were on my flight. the flight wasn't bad I can sleep through anything but in the terminal the Southwest crew started a competition. I had some time before my flight so I left and came back 30 mins prior to deptarture.

when they start doing cheers on the rides its kind of annoying as well. Granted this was proably just a few select groups of the cheerleaders that came down here and would proably happen anytime you put a large group of early teenagers together, But it's still annoying.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

My daughter who is 18 years old is a competitive Cheerleader, and as a supported mother I love the competitions, however not during my vacation. That's why I'am staying at AKL!!!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Figment1986 said:
cheerleaders were just at the resort like last weekend.....

I dont hear much complaints towards them as us bandmembers get.... (the ones who sing slong to IASW off key... (their is a reason why we are in band..) and sing along to POTC.... and yell.. We Wants the Redhead....)

I dont see why people hate band members..... :lookaroun

(cheerleaders aint bad.... stay away from their rooms and your fine..)

Cheerleaders have been at WDW since January.

It's hard to be away from their rooms when they have 800-1000 rooms at the resorts.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=43634&highlight=2005+group+season

Upvote 0

bigbadwolf

Gucci65 said:
Dear Friends,

Just wanted to warn all of you who try to avoid cheerleaders that there will be a huge competition on March 11, 12 & 13th.

On Saturday the 12th - competition OR practices (can't remember which) will be held at the Indiana Jones auditorium in MGM.

(We won't be there because Boo47 has not joined a competition team yet.)

Plan accordingly :lol:

LOL I like it when the cheerleaders come to WDW. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Buzzforprez

If you must go during Cheerleader week avoid, I say AVOID, staying at the all star resorts. We had a room right next to the football field. Well guess where the cheerleaders decided to practice all day and all night. Not the cheerleaders fault or anything like that. But crowds are higher when they are there and they seem to all come and go at the same time. Waiting for the bus was unbelievable in the am and at night. Probably not so bad at other hotels I would guess.

BTW, If you are a young male, aged 11-16, this is the place for you! Didn't have this when I was growing up.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

There were TONS of cheerleaders while we were there (Feb 11-20). They were mainly there just the first four days. It was a good thing and bad thing. The good part was that I had something to do in free time...look at hott cheerleaders ;) j/k...the bad part was, they all seemed to butt in line and were loud and annoying sometimes. It was easy to get used to tho.

Upvote 0

coasterphil

You really have to get the high school groups in order to benefit from it as a teen guy. If its middle schoolers and they practice constantly its a living hell.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

CtCF said:
Indiana Jones auditorium eh? Oops, did I actually turn on the pop-up pungee sticks... :goodnevil

I was thinking something more along the lines of the pop-up pieces of flooring with the flames that shoot out. Have ourselves a Cheerleader BBQ! :fork: :drevil:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Original Poster
disneydisney said:
Cheerleading competitions sound fine to me. I'm gonna be there from March 13 to 17. :sohappy:

If you're really into it, then please visit the Milk House at the Wide World of Sports - that is where the majority of the competitions will be held (esp Sunday).

Practice to death are usually held if someone drops a stunt during competition. Mrytle Beach last year there were teams practicing by the hotel light on the beach (past midnight).

Belle - You are always welcome :wave:

SusanAnne - I agree I love them too, just not while I'm on vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom