Checkpoints at MK for EMH

disneytopdog

How would you stop them from avoiding the checkpoints? They don't stay up all night. There will always be stragglers no matter what method used (except of course mornings when you need an ID to get in).

True, they would have to herd them to the hub in front of the castle. Once there they cant get back over the bridges to the various lands without the wristbands.

BuzzComplexCM

Why would you want to be in the park during EMH if you arent going to see or ride any attractions? There are only a few select stores and restaraunts open during EMH.

Believe it or not, some people enjoy the park for it's sights and sounds. When I worked in the MK on EMH I couldn't begin tell you how many guests I talked to who said they just stay for the atmosphere. Alot of people use this time for pictures and videos. And others use it to just unwind and take in Disney's beauty at night. (We can all agree that the parks look so much better at night, right?)

Personally, I stay for the attractions when I do EMH. However, there were a few times when I would get a bucket of popcorn and a water and just sit on a bench somewhere in one of the lands. It's relaxing and it's a great way to enjoy the MK when it's empty.

there were a few times when I would get a bucket of popcorn and a water and just sit on a bench somewhere in one of the lands. It's relaxing and it's a great way to enjoy the MK when it's empty.

I agree, there are these awesome rocking chairs on a porch somewhere in the MK...my goal is to find them again in September! I churro and Hot chocolate...perfect and to a day!

BuzzComplexCM

I agree, there are these awesome rocking chairs on a porch somewhere in the MK...my goal is to find them again in September! I churro and Hot chocolate...perfect and to a day!

Look in Frontierland around the area between the Shooting Gallery and The Country Bears. I believe you will be surprised! :animwink:

Krozar

You know what I wish they could do? I wish that there was someway that they could divide the resorts up by parks and then give EMH's for those resorts on certain days. Like if you are a MK resort guest you get to have the MK on a monday, if epcot go to epcot, etc. Then the next day switch. I know it will never happen but it would cut down on the amount of people.

Two nights of 2am at MK per week during the summer is enough, thank you. CMs would mass revolt with the 7-day EMH that would require :D

Seen some in front of the camera shop by Tony's.
I now demand a churro and chocolate sauce as a finder's fee. :)

brertigger

AK also had EMH checkpoints this past week. There were several throughout the park. The only exact location I remember was at the Dino-Rama entrance.

Groovee

We went to MK's magic hours on the 13th and security were there removing people who weren't wearing wristbands. I was only checked on one ride for my band as well so if they aren't checking the wristbands then plenty people would be abusing the fact they really shouldn't have been there.

Dwarful

Glad to hear of these changes. We go in less than two weeks! When we were there in Dec. evening EMH's were a nightmare at Epcot. 2 hour waits are not fun!

WEDisney

Believe it or not, some people enjoy the park for it's sights and sounds. When I worked in the MK on EMH I couldn't begin tell you how many guests I talked to who said they just stay for the atmosphere. Alot of people use this time for pictures and videos. And others use it to just unwind and take in Disney's beauty at night. (We can all agree that the parks look so much better at night, right?)

That's what we do. I love the parks at night and it is a perfect time to take in all the atmosphere. My best pictures aways come from EMHs but the huge crowds detract from that so I am all for this.

DisneyWales

Well as a non resort guest (seeing as we have a home in florida that we stay in), i tend to got to the park just for a break, the number of times we have gone to a park just to have a look, or see a night show prolly outnumbers the times we have gone for the full day. We even go just for meals, nothing else.

Now the attitude that the Parks are for resort guests only is dumb, EMH are for resort guests only, not WDW resort.

Now i think Disney should keep the parks as free of Non resorts guests as possible, however if they wish to shop then they should be aloud to, after all i have paid for my park entry, my flight and my accommodation to stay in FLorida just as you may have done so to stay on property. I just choose to stay in my own home, rather than stay in a hotel 10 minutes away.

Now MK as the best solution to this, as people have stated, checks at the various land pathways. This was non resort guests who wish to shop can do so on Main Street, yet the attractions etc are still free for EMH guests.

Im sure there is a way for this to work at the other parks also, but please don't tell me that you deserve to spend more time as the resorts because you choose to stay on disney property (this is aimed at those few snobs who think they are special and clever for staying on property, not a general attack at most sensible and mature members).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom