Checkpoints at MK for EMH

This is really good news, i hate when people who stay off site stay during EMH, its not fair to the people who pay to stay on site to get these benefits. This is great news! Thanks!

slappy magoo

You said staying late at a sit down meal is a legitimate reason to stay after the park is officially closed. Why are getting a mickey bar or picking up a knick knack not as legitimate of reasons as eating a sit down meal?

Personally, I'd say someone in a restaurant is someone not in my way to get on an attraction, shop in a store (or pick up a Mickey ice cream bar). It's all about non-resort guests getting out of the way of the people who paid to stay on property and therefore deserving of the perks they paid for, should they choose to use them.

Frankly, I'm surprised the restaurants would allow 9pm ADRs if the parks officially close at 9, but like I said, as long as you're not in the way...

Meanwhile, as far as the MK goes, I'm amenable to this compromise: Once the park closes, Main Street can still be fair game for non-resort guests. But if any other shop/restaurant/kiosk throughout the park is open, they check for wristbands, and have the right to refuse selling anything to non-resort guests (perhaps excluding people who were IN the store/restaurant/on line at the kiosk before park closing). It allows wiggle room on WDW's park, but eventually herds non-resort guests to Main Street, where the insufferable crowds would probably inspire most people to split anyway.

One thing I wish(ed) WDW would consider is the fact that, when Evening EMH began, attendance levels were NOT what they currently are. Now that they're near or at record-breaking levels each year, maybe they need to see if there isn't room and money for two parks to be open for evening EMH every night, especially during the summer (when it's so hot during the day) and peak periods (I believe this happens some time anyway). Were there to always be EMH for MK every night (which, let's face it, seems to be the park most people are interested in), and a switch off of EMH for each of the other three parks, I think that would help unclog late night congestion considerably. I just don't know if WDW would want to pony up the dough for two parks to be open late every night. (Maybe they could do a combination of EMH PLUS bring back E-Ride Nights one or two nights per week, to help offset the cost of MK being open? :shrug: )

cymbaldiva

Me too ... I love the parks at night and we're not even planning on staying for EMH this trip because when my bff and her hubby were there in April it was way too crowded - she doesn't want to deal with it again. I'd pay for the eride night in a second to get the privilege (less crowds) that we're suppose to be recieving as resort guests on EMH nights anyway :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom