Checkpoints at MK for EMH

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I don't think I posted this before, but it's a tidbit to take in if you're going to EMH...

At MK starting today for EMH they're doing checkpoints at various lands. No wristband? You're sent out of the park. They're trying to cut down on people who aren't resort guests hanging out in the park during EMH.

MickeyJman06

I don't think I posted this before, but it's a tidbit to take in if you're going to EMH...

At MK starting today for EMH they're doing checkpoints at various lands. No wristband? You're sent out of the park. They're trying to cut down on people who aren't resort guests hanging out in the park during EMH.
so that means if you are staying of property, you can't go to EMH?

WEDisney

I think this is something that really needed to be implemented. Night time EMHs were being avoided because of how crowded the parks were. I used to really enjoy the E-Ride nights and they were a "test" for EMHs. When they implemented EMHs it made it more important then ever to stay on property for me but after the last couple of trips it is just too crowded on those nights.

tigsmom

so that means if you are staying of property, you can't go to EMH?

I take it you mean off, not of...

it means that if you are not staying on property they will now ask you to leave instead of letting you hang out and enjoy the atmosphere, shop & eat.

EMH is aimed at resort guests, as a reward for spending the extra to be immersed in the Magic. I think this will make all the EMH parks a bit less crowded and maybe a bit more popular. I know we stopped going to some parks because they were way too crowded on EMH nights.

eroyee

:wave: I TOTALLY agree. we avoided the EMH,too, after paying to stay on property so we could get the "perks" non-property guests get. It was too crowded cause everyone stayed to walk around, etc. even though they didnt ride. great news, thanks.........:sohappy:

uklad79

Let's see how long this lasts when revenue falls in the shops and food places. I never go to the parks on days when EMH are offered as I like to stay to park closing but I can imagine people without bands often hang around in the shops or eating so they are not effecting the rides in anyway and removing them will effect the bottom line.
In DLP they were offering EMH on one night we were their we decided to stay in the park and go and eat at the Plaza Gardens. If they asked people to the leave the park then all that extra money would be lost.

disneytopdog

THATS AWESOME NEWS.....As a previous poster said "Yes Disney may lose revenue", But there comes a point where if you are offering a premium incentive(EMH) and people are paying for it (staying on property). They have an expectation that the park will be less full, due to the "day guests" are gone. That was my understanding the first time I stayed on property. When I saw all these people in a packed park that did not have bands on. It made it very difficult to get around. I spent 20 minutes in a line to get a coke. Whats so special about that? Not to mention I saw a bunch of people on rides without bands.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Next it will be barbed wire, and before you know it, walls with watch towers minefields and attack dogs.

Or am I thinking of World showcase?

CAPTAIN HOOK

An interesting move. I always believed that Disney allowed none resort guests to stay within the EMH park so that they could spend their hard earned $$$

Disneys next attraction - Sheep Dog Trials - watch the CMs round up the off site paupers and remove them from the parks

Krozar

Next it will be barbed wire, and before you know it, walls with watch towers minefields and attack dogs.

LOL MK perimeter security is very similar. Barbed wire fences with sensors on them.

The roaches are about the size of attack dogs. I have seen numerous snakes as well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
An interesting move. I always believed that Disney allowed none resort guests to stay within the EMH park so that they could spend their hard earned $$$

Disneys next attraction - Sheep Dog Trials - watch the CMs round up the off site paupers and remove them from the parks

I thought it was the medieval attraction that had been given the green light, you know the one where on site guests throw turkey leg bones at I Drive interlopers held in stocks after being hunted down post park watershed.

MickeyJman06

oh now i see, next time i might go, i'm staying off property
:wave: I TOTALLY agree. we avoided the EMH,too, after paying to stay on property so we could get the "perks" non-property guests get. It was too crowded cause everyone stayed to walk around, etc. even though they didnt ride. great news, thanks.........:sohappy:
MGMs EMH wasn't that crowded

Krozar

MK 2am EMH isn't very crowded either. Many leave after fireworks, and after 11 parade, another mob leaves. I'll walk in there and see it rather empty for MK standards.

ToTBellHop

MK is crowded during evening EMHs, but they have so many rides open that the lines are pretty reasonable (especially during the 2nd and 3rd hours). Epcot, on the other hand...good luck if you wanna get on Soarin, Test Track, or even Mission: SPACE (not as bad as the other two, but you can find shorter waits during the daytime). MGM is marginally better than Epcot, but only if you don't wanna get on ToT or (especially) RnRC. Never stayed for AK evening EMHs.

Jayhawkie

You know what I wish they could do? I wish that there was someway that they could divide the resorts up by parks and then give EMH's for those resorts on certain days. Like if you are a MK resort guest you get to have the MK on a monday, if epcot go to epcot, etc. Then the next day switch. I know it will never happen but it would cut down on the amount of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom