Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

DisneyHead123

Why? How trashed are you leaving your room every day that you need someone to come in and clean it up for you?
I think trash removal is the biggest thing. When I started doing Disney my son was still in pull-ups and the housekeeping situation sucked. Also it’s just customary for most Americans. If we’re treating grandparents to a Disney resort and there’s not even maid service, they’re not going to understand that. People equate a lack of maid service with a super cheap hotel. I don’t want to spend elebenty billion dollars on a vacation so the people attending can wonder if I cheaped out.

As long as they are still making truckloads of money, there is no real need to change course. People who want the prices to go down are upset to be sure, but low crowds and higher revenue is a win for both guests and Disney alike.
I am curious what the feeling behind the scenes at Disney is, if they want the lower crowds or no.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I don’t go to deluxe Disney resorts for daily housekeeping, I go for additional convenience and park access perks. I wonder what percentage of deluxe hotel visitors would (like me) prefer every 3rd or even 4/5th day housekeeping if it meant we got extended evening hours at EP, DHS, and MK every week.
Why shouldn't you get ALL those things?

Before we switched over to CSR as a couple, Hubby and I used to stay at POP with the kids. We got daily housekeeping, Free Dining, Free FastPass, Bounceback offers, and Extra Magic Hours ... which gave us three extra evening hours at a different park every night. MK was often open until midnight, which meant we could linger in the park until 3:00 am!

We didn't use it, but Magic Express was free; the DDP originally included app and tip, even for the Value Resorts; and despite being open later and longer, the parks were spotless.

Death by a thousand cuts. And a thousand and one upcharges.

DisneyHead123

I wonder if they’ll start rolling Lightening Lanes into resort stays as a perk. By far the most common complaint I hear about Disney these days is that they “nickel and dime” you. I think they really neglected to take people’s psychology into account when introducing carnival-style pricing. People love things that are “all inclusive”, hence the popularity of the dining plan even if it’s not really a money saver for most. They love an “extra”, hence the popularity of outrageously priced dessert parties. But people really, really do not like what feel like hidden fees on something that seems like an integral part of the experience.

Making LLs a “bonus” for resort guests might be a way to sorta kinda undo that damage. Going back to FP+ would be a better one, but if they’re not willing to give up on LLs entirely it would be the obvious compromise.

Disney Dead Head

I wonder if they’ll start rolling Lightening Lanes into resort stays as a perk. By far the most common complaint I hear about Disney these days is that they “nickel and dime” you. I think they really neglected to take people’s psychology into account when introducing carnival-style pricing. People love things that are “all inclusive”, hence the popularity of the dining plan even if it’s not really a money saver for most. They love an “extra”, hence the popularity of outrageously priced dessert parties. But people really, really do not like what feel like hidden fees on something that seems like an integral part of the experience.

Making LLs a “bonus” for resort guests might be a way to sorta kinda undo that damage. Going back to FP+ would be a better one, but if they’re not willing to give up on LLs entirely it would be the obvious compromise.
Ive been saying the same thing

Why not give onsite included with a hotel stay - Make folks want to upgrade their hotel and stop the nickel and diming.
Deluxe, and DVC get 6 LL 2-1s and 4-2s
Moderates get 4 LL 1 - 1 and 3 - 2s
Values and good neighbor hotels get 3LL 1- 1 and 2 -2s

Offsite hotels get the same as values with add purchase LL

bwr827

Why shouldn't you get ALL those things?

Before we switched over to CSR as a couple, Hubby and I used to stay at POP with the kids. We got daily housekeeping, Free Dining, Free FastPass, Bounceback offers, and Extra Magic Hours ... which gave us three extra evening hours at a different park every night. MK was often open until midnight, which meant we could linger in the park until 3:00 am!

We didn't use it, but Magic Express was free; the DDP originally included app and tip, even for the Value Resorts; and despite being open later and longer, the parks were spotless.
I missed that period of WDW. Sounds really amazing compared to today, sigh.

DisneyHead123

I guarantee you’re asking the LAST person to have any idea what Disney is “thinking” 😎
Well, we’re all speculating of course! My guess is that Disney, like most of us, wants to have their cake and eat it too - parks packed to the brim but somehow, magically, super high guest satisfaction. Guessing they probably say things like “Let’s lower crowd levels to increase guest satisfaction!” but then panic when it actually happens. That just seems like universal human nature.

Jrb1979

Why not give onsite included with a hotel stay - Make folks want to upgrade their hotel and stop the nickel and diming.

They don't have the capacity to do that for one. As much as many of you want your bubble perks back, many forget the majority of guests that visit come from off site. If you do what you propose those offsite guests who make up the majority of attendance will stop coming

DisneyHead123

I hope they’re getting there. Honestly I picture the post Covid rush as like a bacchanal at Disney “The money just keeps coming and coming! No matter what we do!! Let’s triple prices on the Polynesian and cut all the perks!! Woo hoo!” That was certainly not an era that favored the consumer, but hopefully a little balance has been restored.

ConfettiCupcake

From everything I’ve read over the years I don’t think they have enough capacity to do that but I’d love to be wrong.

I do however think the pre-booking coming back as well as the purchasing of single/multi before you arrive will help create that DDP effect where people can avoid the decision fatigue and sticker shock while on the vacation. I wonder if we eventually see the option to purchase at time of booking the resort/package at some sort of locked in rate to allow people to commit and memory dump the additional cost by the time their booking window rolls around. I think it’s easier to justify the increased cost of single/multi when you’re staring at your whole trip cost.

DisneyHead123

From everything I’ve read over the years I don’t think they have enough capacity to do that but I’d love to be wrong.

I do however think the pre-booking coming back as well as the purchasing of single/multi before you arrive will help create that DDP effect where people can avoid the decision fatigue and sticker shock while on the vacation. I wonder if we eventually see the option to purchase at time of booking the resort/package at some sort of locked in rate to allow people to commit and memory dump the additional cost by the time their booking window rolls around. I think it’s easier to justify the increased cost of single/multi when you’re staring at your whole trip cost.
I guess my thinking is, they had capacity for FP+ at 2019 crowd levels. I feel like it’s probably possible, more a matter if they want to lose the potential profit.

Jrb1979

I guess my thinking is, they had capacity for FP+ at 2019 crowd levels. I feel like it’s probably possible, more a matter if they want to lose the potential profit.
They didn't have the capacity in 2019. If you had a resort stay and booked ahead you got you top tier attractions. Those who stayed off site didn't get a lot of those. The other thing is back in 2019 when it was free a lot times the FP waits were long.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

As much as I like that idea, there aren’t enough attractions to handle this.

DisneyHead123

They didn't have the capacity in 2019. If you had a resort stay and booked ahead you got you top tier attractions. Those who stayed off site didn't get a lot of those. The other thing is back in 2019 when it was free a lot times the FP waits were long.
That makes sense, I was thinking of total FP+ availability and not selection, which is more important to the LLs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom