Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

bmr1591

Neither sarcastic nor satirical (we do occasionally stay at Swan or Dolphin, but first choice is Beach Club/Yacht Club). My point is that I’m fine overpaying for perks, I just want more actual experience enhancing perks, and not simply making “Deluxe” hotels a little less like a Courtyard and more like a Sheraton.

To your point, we already buy G+ and LL every day of the trip and we often take Minnie Vans between parks instead of waiting for buses/monorails. In order to keep prices lower for the average guest, Disney needs more guests who want to spend $750/night or more on hotel rooms and also buy all of the upsells in the parks and around the resorts…my assumption is that those of us who aren’t total slobs don’t care that much about mousekeeping, we would prefer more unique opportunities to experience the parks in a less exhausting/stressful manner.

I’m glad you enjoy this, but the amount of people willing to spend this type of money on a Disney trip is few and far between. I don’t think they’re suddenly going to find more customers (especially new ones) wanting to drop that type of cash. Which leads to the bigger issue on hotel prices: DVC. They’ve made DVC so expensive that they can’t lower prices on their deluxe hotels without undercutting value from DVC. So instead, they close entire wings to fake maximum occupancy.

Lilofan

I’m glad you enjoy this, but the amount of people willing to spend this type of money on a Disney trip is few and far between. I don’t think they’re suddenly going to find more customers (especially new ones) wanting to drop that type of cash. Which leads to the bigger issue on hotel prices: DVC. They’ve made DVC so expensive that they can’t lower prices on their deluxe hotels without undercutting value from DVC. So instead, they close entire wings to fake maximum occupancy.
Hotels close entire wings/ buildings to save on operational costs such as lighting and AC.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t go to deluxe Disney resorts for daily housekeeping, I go for additional convenience and park access perks. I wonder what percentage of deluxe hotel visitors would (like me) prefer every 3rd or even 4/5th day housekeeping if it meant we got extended evening hours at EP, DHS, and MK every week.
I’m trying to wrap my admittedly small ganglion around this one….

You’re paying about 200% of retail…why are you “giving back”?

…cause I’m sure the numbers geeks in accounting wouldn’t figure out how to exploit that…like…at all

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The problem is they were overly aggressive with hotel rates and STILL do not offer amenities commensurate with the marketed tiers for their resorts. They need to cut rates AND improve amenities but I’m not sure they want to lose that kind of money. They are clearly trying to address this a bit with Lightning Lane but it still won’t be the case that Disney deluxes give you what Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific do at their price points.
The resort rates are a big problem IMO. I stayed at Boardwalk last September for $350 per night with AP discount. Same time this year is $450 per night.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I’m trying to wrap my admittedly small ganglion around this one….

You’re paying about 200% of retail…why are you “giving back”?

…cause I’m sure the numbers geeks in accounting wouldn’t figure out how to exploit that…like…at all
tinkerbell GIF

true romance smile GIF

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
The problem is they were overly aggressive with hotel rates and STILL do not offer amenities commensurate with the marketed tiers for their resorts. They need to cut rates AND improve amenities but I’m not sure they want to lose that kind of money. They are clearly trying to address this a bit with Lightning Lane but it still won’t be the case that Disney deluxes give you what Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific do at their price points.
Just look at how embarrassing the Contemporary is. It’s so painful.

Contrast that with the beautifully renovated Disneyland Hotel at Paris and you see the problem.

ToTBellHop

Just look at how embarrassing the Contemporary is. It’s so painful.

Contrast that with the beautifully renovated Disneyland Hotel at Paris and you see the problem.
The monorail traveling through the inside still sells that resort, though. Imagineers in the ‘60s were visionaries.

The fact that the Grand is the only deluxe with room service is asinine. It wouldn’t be hard to deliver food from the table service restaurants to the people staying at the deluxe resorts.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
The monorail traveling through the inside still sells that resort, though. Imagineers in the ‘60s were visionaries.

The fact that the Grand is the only deluxe with room service is asinine. It wouldn’t be hard to deliver food from the table service restaurants to the people staying at the deluxe resorts.
Agreed! I actually think it’s a beautifully designed building and perhaps one of the best examples of Brutalism in the world. It’s just that the rooms, datedness of the Grand Canyon Concourse, the entirety of the Garden Wing, and of course the amenities for the price is ludicrous especially when the absolutely stunning Wilderness Lodge is right next door. It's not like Disney doesn't have arguably the most stunning resort in Orlando with Animal Kingdom Lodge as well.

Though on that note, does anyone know why it’s called the Grand Canyon Concourse? I never really thought about it until now.

el_super

You’re paying multiple hundreds of dollars a night for a 4 star hotel. You should expect daily housekeeping.

I expect daily house keeping if I’m paying 100 bucks to stay in a local Hampton Inn

Why? How trashed are you leaving your room every day that you need someone to come in and clean it up for you?

I’m glad you enjoy this, but the amount of people willing to spend this type of money on a Disney trip is few and far between.

As long as they are still making truckloads of money, there is no real need to change course. People who want the prices to go down are upset to be sure, but low crowds and higher revenue is a win for both guests and Disney alike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom