Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder if they’ll start rolling Lightening Lanes into resort stays as a perk. By far the most common complaint I hear about Disney these days is that they “nickel and dime” you. I think they really neglected to take people’s psychology into account when introducing carnival-style pricing. People love things that are “all inclusive”, hence the popularity of the dining plan even if it’s not really a money saver for most. They love an “extra”, hence the popularity of outrageously priced dessert parties. But people really, really do not like what feel like hidden fees on something that seems like an integral part of the experience.

Making LLs a “bonus” for resort guests might be a way to sorta kinda undo that damage. Going back to FP+ would be a better one, but if they’re not willing to give up on LLs entirely it would be the obvious compromise.
That would be giving away their free revenue source

At a time when they can’t afford any loses

And if they start bribing you to book their rooms…they are in deep doodoo

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Loook at the AP rates for this week $157 for Values and you can get Caribean Beach $226 and Coronado for $210
With the exception of the Poly. Here is your list of resorts that are HURTING right now.
1719859197262.png

1719859236835.png

1719859294631.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ive been saying the same thing

Why not give onsite included with a hotel stay - Make folks want to upgrade their hotel and stop the nickel and diming.
Deluxe, and DVC get 6 LL 2-1s and 4-2s
Moderates get 4 LL 1 - 1 and 3 - 2s
Values and good neighbor hotels get 3LL 1- 1 and 2 -2s

Offsite hotels get the same as values with add purchase LL
They at not keen on giving away no cost revenue
I missed that period of WDW. Sounds really amazing compared to today, sigh.
You have many choices when you travel

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I noticed restaurant reservations are also much more widely available than I expected. Other than Space 220, places like that...a couple of Sundays ago, I looked at Sci-Fi and they had availability most of the day which seems like it was much more difficult in previous years.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I noticed restaurant reservations are also much more widely available than I expected. Other than Space 220, places like that...a couple of Sundays ago, I looked at Sci-Fi and they had availability most of the day which seems like it was much more difficult in previous years.
I can confirm this. When I went late May early June I was amazed to see what was open even the day before or day of

doctornick

Oga's Cantina takes walk ins too - though they still pack people in (they will put 3 and maybe even 4 parties together at a table)

DisneyHead123

That would be giving away they’d be free revenue source

At a time when they can’t afford any loses

And if they start bribing you to book their rooms…they are in deep doodoo
I am very curious what the cost-benefit ratio is for Disney though, based on customer feedback. I feel it’s entirely possible that LL is trending toward costing them more in lost visitors than it’s gaining them in sales. That could be way off base though… I guess their actions over the next year will hint at how the whole LL thing is playing out.

Bocabear

We were there a couple weeks ago and the parks were mobbed... Waits were all pretty long, the walkways in all the parks were packed and restaurant availability was extremely low. All the while on here everyone was saying that the parks are quiet... I guess compared to Christmas week, but they were all pretty busy to me....

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
I am very curious what the cost-benefit ratio is for Disney though, based on customer feedback. I feel it’s entirely possible that LL is trending toward costing them more in lost visitors than it’s gaining them in sales. That could be way off base though… I guess their actions over the next year will hint at how the whole LL thing is playing out.
G+/LL/MPLL/SPLL are only symptoms of the bigger public facing problem Disney has. How do you extract more revenue without having to actually invest in anything to get more customers?

In management's mind, they firmly believe that their approach will overcome any temporary slowness and return significant value to the shareholders. All they have to do is stay the course.

Unfortunately Blackrock and Merrill and Morgan Stanley are not fun to take on vacation and don't dictate guest behavior and choices.

Perhaps the most alarming thing to the Disney Brain Trust and Wall Street wolves should be that this slowness isn't caused by 50% of your customers leaving you. It's likely less than 10% and even worse, trend is heading the wrong way for Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They restaurants have been clearing out more and more for several years now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could be the other things are more expensive so they're spending less on the nicer restaurant experiences.
And they crushed the prices of restaurants over 10 years

But to your point…my best guess is the reason they are in Trouble is everything is more EXPENSIVE AT HOME at choices like this are being made.

The main problem with Bob saying his clientele was “luxury”…when it never was. Disney has data on that for decades…but you gotta read it

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom