Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How are you measuring that? Vibes? Looking at thrilldata crowd Calendars, the week before and after memorial day are incredibly consistent going back to 2019 with only a few points swing in either direction.

The patterns are very consistent.
The crowds are down

How do we know?

Well the eye test for one…but more importantly…Disney is REPORTING crowds are down.

Stop defending who isn’t defending themselves…and frankly doesn’t care what you say.

And reread what you said: there was consistency in 2020 and 21?

Right

Tha Realest

I have 3 kids in 1st grade and 6th. From my little corner of the world, after COVID, parents are incredibly more inclined to take their kids out of school than before.

It's never one thing in an ecosystem like tourism and travel.

1. It's more expensive.
  2. People are more inclined to take kids out of school
  3. The summer heat does influence family choices. I know it does for us and others in our circle of friends.
  4. Someone mention WDW vacation cooldowns. That's an apt observation.
Plenty of more to list, but it's always a collection of things.
Yes, and we did as well. But out school district has recently been clamping down on excused AND unexcused absences alike. Like, once you hit 10 absences (even excused) you get put on a type of probation.

I guess “just stay home if you’re feeling unwell” has given way to “don’t do anything to mess up our state funding algorithm.”

el_super

That statement simply isn't true.

Of course it is. That's why you aren't seeing so many investor questions about the parks. Most of the questioning on the conference calls has surrounded Disney+, because there's just no evidence in the numbers that anything is wrong at parks. In fact parks seem to be doing pretty well. Which of course is the reason why we aren't seeing massive re-orgs or upheavals, changes being enacted by the board, and why the current head of parks and resorts is in serious contention for the CEO job.

JD80

That statement simply isn't true.
  • Quality of food is down.
  • Quality and variety of merch is down.
  • They can NOT support 2018/19 levels of crowds because they did not expand capacity so have limited their upside.
  • Maintenance is a bigger issue due to not only decreased spending but also lack of time to perform needed upkeep.
  • Hours have been reduced significantly.
  • Some questionable choices for projects have come along with mixed results.
All while prices have been going up. Being able to get away with something for a while is not the same as good management.

I happen to believe they needed to reduce attendance as it was getting ridiculous, but they were in that position because they did not expand the parks. There is certainly a limit to how much they can expand before it becomes irresponsible, but we aren't there yet.

The quality issues are 100% management's fault and should have never happened.
I disagree almost all of your bullet points except maintenance and capacity. They are playing catchup with all their deferred maintenance.

Food quality is subjective but I've found better quick service options more recently vs 10 years ago.

On merch, not a fan making every gift shop the same, but there is variety it's just ever shop is filled with it. I think they are changed that trend though.

Can we say for sure that operating hours have "significantly" reduced. Is significant 50%? 60%? 5%? This is a measurable thing.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
How are you measuring that? Vibes? Looking at thrilldata crowd Calendars, the week before and after memorial day are incredibly consistent going back to 2019 with only a few points swing in either direction.

The patterns are very consistent.
I was there. Thats when I typically travel each year. Resort, busses, Disney Springs, lines at attractions, shows, gift shops, dining availability, G+ availability, etc. I'm not saying there weren't many folks there, I'm saying it felt to me like it was the least crowded that time of year in a long time.

the information on thrill data's website confirms this as well

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This narrative that everyone is pulling their kids from school and that’s why wdw is DEAD in the summer is beyond stupid

Because overall attendance is still DOWN

I won’t tell people not to lie to themselves
…but you shouldn’t come on here and lie to strangers

Jrb1979

This narrative they everyone is pulling their kids from school and that’s why wdw is DEAD in the summer is beyond stupid

Because overall attendance is still DOWN

I won’t tell people not to lie to themselves
…but you shouldn’t come on here and lie to strangers
IMO it's due to many just don't want to accept their favorite park failing right now.

el_super

The heat is not a factor. If it was MCO wouldn't be seeing record breaking travelers the last couple of months. People are going to Florida but avoiding both parks.

What if they're going to the beach instead? Or going on a cruise? Being near the coast is way different than being in Central Florida.

IMO it's due to many just don't want to accept their favorite park failing right now.

Your word choice there is pretty telling. Objectively, it is no where close to failing.

Jrb1979

What if they're going to the beach instead? Or going on a cruise? Being near the coast is way different than being in Central Florida.

Your word choice there is pretty telling. Objectively, it is no where close to failing.
Are they failing to the point they are going out of business? No. Are they failing in terms of crowds? Definitely.

This nonsense of them wanting lower crowds is just that NONSENSE. It's a holiday week, the parks should be slammed. They aren't and that to is them failing

People here need to stop with excuses of heat and taking kids out of school nonsense. They have priced themselves out of a lot of guests. It's too expensive. Til they change that they will continue to see lower crowds.

Laketravis

Place must be packed.........

1720021885740.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom