Cheap(?!??) Gas at WDW

WDWEric

$2.09 for regular here in Western Michigan
filled my truck up 1 WEEK ago for $1.83 cost me 45 dollars
Gas went up 23 cents in one week. thats ridiculous!!!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by tigsmom
I remember when gas was less than $1.00/gallon.
Mad, there's not many of us dinosaurs around here that remember that. When I was in college, I couldn't believe it when gas hit 60 cents a gallon. I remember telling a girl I was dating that I would never pay over a $1 a gallon for gas. Some on here have never seen it under $1. Cheapest gas price I can ever remember? 21 cents a gallon.

Originally posted by mkt
I'm getting a Sams or Costco Card just so I can use their pumps... within a few months it'll pay for itself...

then again, I found out my work has corporate Sams Cards available... :D time to requisition one I feel

the BJ's at the intersection of the ocesola parkway and the Hohn young parkway is at $1.83 with a membership. $1.91 for non members. I bought a membership there this week, I needed tires and they were $50.00 cheaper then anywhere else and there membership is $30.00 for 15 months not a bad deal.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by tenchu
I'm there.

I live on the doorstep of scotland's biggest petro-chemical plant anyway.

Ah... That explains a LOT now... :lol: Those fumes have really effected you. :lol: :p ;)

Shaman

You know what the sad thing is...the US is one of the top oil producing countries in the world...in the top five (I think number three)...and we still need 50% more than we produce (I mean I could be wrong, but I think thats what I read somewhere).....it would sure explain why gas is more expensive in the UK than in the US....

I just hope that we switch over to alternative fuels soon, because oil is not gonna last very long....if only more money was put into the research....:brick:

I paid $1.93 for gas yesterday, and that was up from three days ago when I could've sworn gas at the same station was $1.80....

I hate oil monopolies...:brick:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I think I'll get a car that'll run on corn next.. :lol:

"Corn Shortage across the south, live at 11 news"

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
$2.39 Shell 1600 W.Grand Ave Chicago - North

And the one near my house just jumped to $2.05 overnight. That is a Citgo. I think the BP/Amaco near me is near $2.20 now.

Oh, I am soooo glad I dont own a oversized lumbering Shopping cart.... er,.. I mean a SUV, right now. :lol: :p :wave:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Originally posted by SpongeScott
Mad, there's not many of us dinosaurs around here that remember that. When I was in college, I couldn't believe it when gas hit 60 cents a gallon. I remember telling a girl I was dating that I would never pay over a $1 a gallon for gas. Some on here have never seen it under $1. Cheapest gas price I can ever remember? 21 cents a gallon.

Four years ago, when my mom bought her house, Gas at the local gas station was $.89 cents a gallon. (Thats the Sheetz at I66 and US 15, right where Disney's America was supposed to be built, in an Attempt to make it on-topic)

Four years later, its 100% higher at $1.85. (Same as Disney here) Back then I filled mmy tank for $8.00 and now i pay $20. Yet my paycheck gets $1.50/hr less then before.

barnum42

Originally posted by objr
You know what the sad thing is...the US is one of the top oil producing countries in the world...in the top five (I think number three)...and we still need 50% more than we produce (I mean I could be wrong, but I think thats what I read somewhere).....it would sure explain why gas is more expensive in the UK than in the US....
That's not the reason it is more expensive here in the UK. The cost of the actual gas itself is the same here as in America, it's just here there is a ludicrous ammount of tax on it. It's not a percentage tax, just an extra $3 or so flat tax per gallon above what you pay in America.

Laura

Premium Member
A couple months ago I got about 15 gallons in Ontario, Canada and my bill was over $45 USD!! Ridiculous!

Shaman

Originally posted by DMC-12
Oh, I am soooo glad I dont own a oversized lumbering Shopping cart.... er,.. I mean a SUV, right now. :lol: :p :wave:

I'm not so lucky...yesterday almost running on fumes, I entered the gas station....and paying $1.93 a gallon....$20.00 filled about half the tank (a little less) in my Explorer Sports Trac....I need a hybrid SUV...:brick:

I think the Hess Stations at Disney are being smart...whats the point of charging people more than two dollars a gallon and have an empty gas station most of the time...by making gas cheap (and since they are the only station in the immediate area), more people get gas at the Disney stations and they can compete easier with other gas stations outside WDW...and that equals more money for Hess...

Shaman

Originally posted by barnum42
That's not the reason it is more expensive here in the UK. The cost of the actual gas itself is the same here as in America, it's just here there is a ludicrous ammount of tax on it. It's not a percentage tax, just an extra $3 or so flat tax per gallon above what you pay in America.

So why's the tax so high? :veryconfu

Re: Re: Re: It could be worse - you could live in UK

Seriously, somebody always has it worse than we do, so we should be thankful for what we do have...me, I have enough to fill up the 21 gallon tank on my van today and have enough left over to treat myself to lunch. :D

Leave it to tigsmom to put things into perspective. Just like a mommy. Reminds me so much of my mom. What's that old saying...."Moms are always right". There I said it...I WILL NOT ADMIT THAT AGAIN!!! LOL! :lol:

John Baynes

Re: Cheap Fuel at Disney

Originally posted by SpongeScott

As another one of the dinosaurs, I remember when gas was $.23 a gallon and then two of the stations had a gas war and we were paying around $.15 for one day. Here in southeast georgia the price is around $1.77 a gallon. I live about two miles from the Florida state line and the price there is around $1.89. I see alot of Florida plates at the gas stations. My wife and I have a diesel engine in the truck and since diesel is running about $1.55 a gallon. We use the truck for most of our driving. I don't understand why all this is happening but I will be very happy when it gets back under control.

Atta83

Thank god my suv has great gas mileage!!! Ilove my car!!! I drove two hours home from my grnadma's and only burned a qurater of the tank!!!YAY!! I will keep track of prices from here in Houston to Orlanso next week, just to see how much it jumps up on the way there.....

PhilharMagician

I remember when gas was less than $1.00/gallon.

I didn't know BJ's & Costco had gas pumps in Florida. We don't have that here in NY...interesting.

Up North in Albany, BJ's has gas. Unfortunatly that is even 2.049

xfkirsten

Originally posted by ogryn
anyone up for some fuel protests again?

:lol: California truckers tried that last week... and I'm sure they're enjoying their free housing courtesy of LAPD... :lol:

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom