Cheap(?!??) Gas at WDW

nikechic

Originally posted by epcot2004
Isn't it ironic how we are all complaining about gas prices? Since all of us are fans of all things "Disney" consider the prices of these items in the parks:

$2.50 Soda
$2.50 Water
$2.50 Ice Cream Bar
$5.00 Turkey Leg

Just to name a few. The scary thing is that I have no problem paying crazy prices for the above items but this gas thing is bothering me.

Back on topic... gas prices up 4 cents today.:eek:

Fortunately going to the parks is by choice and not by necessity.

And the funny thing is my boyfriend and I went to the circus over the weekend and we were comment on how good the price were at Disney compared to the Dunkin Dounts Center in Providence.

WHere a 20 oz bottle of sode was $3.50 and a small coffee from DnD was 2.75. Talk about outrageous.

barnum42

Originally posted by nikechic
Anyone else ready to trade in their car and get a Civic Hybrid. Gas prices are outrageous in Mass, a state that usually has low gas prices. In the last week gas went from 1.85 to 2.03. Wasn't it two years ago I was getting gas for 89 cents a gallon.
I went the way of getting a nice big scooter/motorbike. A Yamaha Majesty 250. It does 70 to the Imperial Gallon (one eighth larger than the American Gallon) and cuts through the horrendous traffic jams in the city. It can also cruise on the highway, has decent cargo space and parking is free in many a place :D

Originally posted by barnum42
I went the way of getting a nice big scooter/motorbike. A Yamaha Majesty 250. It does 70 to the Imperial Gallon (one eighth larger than the American Gallon) and cuts through the horrendous traffic jams in the city. It can also cruise on the highway, has decent cargo space and parking is free in many a place :D

Lucky, projected to hit above 3 per gallon here in the motor city

LadyDarling

Amen to that! I'm not sure how I'll survive this year! DH and I can't afford to go (for the 1st time in 3 years). I know things will be awesome when we head there in 2005. We may even be moving from California to Orlando area by then (when rent for a 1 bedroom apartment runs almost $900 in the BAD area of town, it's time to move)!

Then maybe we'll be annual passholders with the inside scoop! :)

tigsmom

Well I had to fill up today. REGULAR gas is up to $2.09.9.
I'm really afraid this is going to impinge on our drive to WDW in July. :(

scorp111

The UK people are right, in that they pay around 3 times as much.... even in Canada it equates to around 3$ per gallon (in USD) It is around 99 cents (canadian per liter).

Makes me glad I am flying to Disney in September. I just drove to SC in May and spent over $200 in gas....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom