Cheap(?!??) Gas at WDW

bgraham34

Thats about what it is in Jersey right now. I need it to be lowered can't afford to go anywhere. And the prices of airlines has skyrocketed. If that does not drop I am not going to Disney in DEC. its 275 rt from NJ. I went 1.5 years ago and I paid 170 rt.

barnum42

Originally posted by objr
So why's the tax so high? :veryconfu
Because successive UK Governments have discovered they can keep taxing the snot out of car drivers, as most have no viable alternative. The Government officially says “it’s to encourage car drivers to switch to public transport”. I have pointed out to my Member of Parliament that there is no decent public transport. What exists is infrequent and just as expensive as a car. I get a form reply stating that the government are putting money into improving public transport. They have been saying this for longer than I can remember. I have kept on to my MP regarding this and other matters. She has stopped reply to me.

Another tax they hit car drivers with here is “road tax” – it costs about $200 to $280 a year just to be allowed to drive you car on the road. The annual service inspection (MOT) costs somewhere in the region of $80 and is far more stringent than those I am aware of in America.

Shaman

Originally posted by barnum42
Because successive UK Governments have discovered they can keep taxing the snot out of car drivers, as most have no viable alternative. The Government officially says “it’s to encourage car drivers to switch to public transport”. I have pointed out to my Member of Parliament that there is no decent public transport. What exists is infrequent and just as expensive as a car. I get a form reply stating that the government are putting money into improving public transport. They have been saying this for longer than I can remember. I have kept on to my MP regarding this and other matters. She has stopped reply to me.

Another tax they hit car drivers with here is “road tax” – it costs about $200 to $280 a year just to be allowed to drive you car on the road. The annual service inspection (MOT) costs somewhere in the region of $80 and is far more stringent than those I am aware of in America.

Ok the best way I can sum up what I need to say is: :eek:

If I had to rely on public transportation here....oh no...the thought sends chills down my spine...

btw just passed by the gas station that I was refering to in previous posts....as of now the price for regular gas is...$1.97 and thats cheaper than the gas station infront of that, which marks gas for $1.99....but after hearing what its like in the UK...maybe we shouldn't complain, because it could be alot worse...

:brick:

LadyDarling

:lol: Come to California if you think gas is "expensive" and under a $2.00.

Currently, gasoline (the "cheap" stuff) runs about $2.25/gallon in my little home town of Escondido, California. You might fine $2.19, but that's the best you'll do. Under $2.00 is unheard of. And there is really LOUSY public transportation (that'll cost you over $40 a month anyway and take you at least an hour to get anywhere).

Hence why I love my feet, and my roller blades. :)

But - just when we think we've got it bad, the UK has it worse!
~jay

barnum42

Originally posted by tigsmom
I have to drive because we have no public transportation here.
Where my parents live there is one bus an hour that stops in their village. And they do not run after 18:00!

stranger

Originally posted by LadyDarling
:lol: Come to California if you think gas is "expensive" and under a $2.00.

Currently, gasoline (the "cheap" stuff) runs about $2.25/gallon in my little home town of Escondido, California. You might fine $2.19, but that's the best you'll do. Under $2.00 is unheard of. And there is really LOUSY public transportation (that'll cost you over $40 a month anyway and take you at least an hour to get anywhere).

Hence why I love my feet, and my roller blades. :)

In Malibu it is $2.99. I don't live there, but I passed by and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that.
Two weeks ago my favorite gas station was $2.05, not 2 days later it jumped to $2.25 :eek: :eek: .

I need a raise.

symbasys

Guess I better look into getting the old Mercedes diesel converted to burn used cooking oil. I don't mind going down the road smelling like an old french fry! :lol:

nikechic

Anyone else ready to trade in their car and get a Civic Hybrid. Gas prices are outrageous in Mass, a state that usually has low gas prices. In the last week gas went from 1.85 to 2.03. Wasn't it two years ago I was getting gas for 89 cents a gallon.

GoofyFan1

Gas next to my house in Plattsburgh has gone up ten cents in two days from $1.97 to $2.07.

It's pretty bad when I think people payin $1.82 are lucky.:fork:

tigger248

Originally posted by GoofyFan1
It's pretty bad when I think people payin $1.82 are lucky.:fork: [/B]

I know what you mean. Monday gas jumped from $1.83 to $1.99. Compared to what prices were a month ago I would have never thought I'd be rushing out to find a station that still had gas priced in the $1.80's.

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by DMC-12
$2.39 Shell 1600 W.Grand Ave Chicago - North

And the one near my house just jumped to $2.05 overnight. That is a Citgo. I think the BP/Amaco near me is near $2.20 now.

Oh, I am soooo glad I dont own a oversized lumbering Shopping cart.... er,.. I mean a SUV, right now. :lol: :p :wave:

AMEN TO THAT!!!! My friend has a Suburban... 40 gallon tank at 2.15 a gallon (93 octane required) equals 86.00. That gas will last him about a week or so before another freaking ninety bucks is used up. That's like, almost my whole paycheck... spent on gas. My car takes close to thrity dollars, and I am supposed to be putting premium in it, but ha ha! Don't think so. :)

Hank Scorpio

You guys don't know how lucky you are.

Here in TAXED england, we pay 82.9pence a litre, not sure what that is in gallons, but I do know that your average is about 27.9pence a litre.

We pay 78% TAX on every £1.00 we spend at the pumps. I feel another fuel blockade coming along... :zipit:

PeeplMoovr

Regular gas here in Seattle is $2.35 as of this morning. Premium is up as high as $2.65 or more in some cases.
It's sad when I think that $1.90 is cheap now. :(

epcot2004

Isn't it ironic how we are all complaining about gas prices? Since all of us are fans of all things "Disney" consider the prices of these items in the parks:

$2.50 Soda
$2.50 Water
$2.50 Ice Cream Bar
$5.00 Turkey Leg

Just to name a few. The scary thing is that I have no problem paying crazy prices for the above items but this gas thing is bothering me.

Back on topic... gas prices up 4 cents today.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom