Chase Disney Debit Card has returned

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
A friend of mine works for Chase bank and gave me the heads up about this last week, but as of Monday, Chase and Disney have returned to issuing the Disney Debit Card, which has many of the same perks as the Disney Visa credit card.

Because I signed up "early," I got my card today. Among the perks listed:

-the free character photo
-10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more at WDW, DL, and the Disney Store
-20% off non-discounted tours
-10% off dining at "select locations" at WDW and DLR
-$50 onboard credit for DCL if you mention the offer.

Mostly the same benefits as the credit card, but a good option for those who don't want the credit card.

There are 4 unique card designs to choose from. I got the castle design.

Check it out:

www.disneydebit.com

AmongMadPeople

I wonder if there will be a fee this time around, and if so how much it will be? We signed up for them when they were first offered, they had a promo to get your fee amount back in rewards points. It wasn't too long after we paid our first non-promo fee that they discontinued the program.

do you not get Disney points rewards from it?

Maybe that's the catch.

ExtinctJenn

I wish this came with perks to get a discount on vacation packages as well. I wonder if when they offer the Disney Visa promotions this will qualify. I'm half tempted to get a Chase account (even though there aren't any brances locally) and make it my Disney account. It'd help with keeping vacation finances separate from everything else for sure. Hmmmmm!!

Side note... your friend that works for Chase could lose their job for telling you this in advance of the release so be careful who all you mention that to. As someone who works for one of Chase's only real competetors I am very familiar with the penalties for that kind of thing. Banks are super protective of that kind of "leak." ;)

Joshua&CalebDad

I can see how many people would be ecstatic about Chase offering this debit card to its customers. However, as an existing Disney Chase credit card holder I am a little dissapointed. I have to pay an annual fee to get my card but debit card holders do not and they get just about every benefit that a fee paying credit card holder does. This would obviously be an non-issue if current credit card holders did not have to pay a fee for their credit cards. I promise I'm generally not a grump and am happy for the rest of you.

AmongMadPeople

I can see how many people would be ecstatic about Chase offering this debit card to its customers. However, as an existing Disney Chase credit card holder I am a little dissapointed. I have to pay an annual fee to get my card but debit card holders do not and they get just about every benefit that a fee paying credit card holder does. This would obviously be an non-issue if current credit card holders did not have to pay a fee for their credit cards. I promise I'm generally not a grump and am happy for the rest of you.

If you're paying an annual fee for a Disney Visa, you must have the Premier card. There is a no annual fee Disney Visa that earns less rewards than the premier card, but still get all the merchandise and vacation benefits. In this case, you've chosen to pay a fee in order to reap larger rewards. That's separate from the perks, which all three Disney branded Chase cards now get.

In my opinion, no rewards on the debit card make it almost pointless for us. We'll probably still get it, but only because it increases our chances of actually have a DV card with us if we want/need to use the discounts offered with it. We have a Disney Visa, but only use it if we need discounts on tours. We get better rewards with other credit cards.

Tim_4

The Disney Visa is a tremendously bad deal. You only get 1% rewards. Discover More and Chase Freedom both offer 1% cash back on everything and 5% on different categories that rotate quarterly. Those are cash rewards that you can use for Disney experiences with more flexibility than the 1% you'd get with the Disney Visa.

Gavman

You don't get Disney Reward Dollars with this new card, that's why there's no fee now. I'll keep the Disney Signature Card.

Gavman

The Disney CC Signature card has rotating promo' as well. Right now I'm getting 5% on gas and groceries. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. The key is to pay them off every month...

Tim_4

The Disney CC Signature card has rotating promo' as well. Right now I'm getting 5% on gas and groceries. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. The key is to pay them off every month...
That one's fairly new, correct? I didn't really look into it because my personal rule is no annual fee.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster

My Disney Visa credit card has no annual fee. I don't ever pay an annual fee for credit cards.

Hrudey3032

What if I still have my existing WDW Card from Chase Debit before? I got it and it was discontinued about 8 months later but I still have the card with all 4 characters on it. How do we rate or do we have to resign back up?

ExtinctJenn

For anyone wondering, if you aren't in a state that has Chase branches you can't open an account and get this. They only allow accounts to be opened in person (which to be honest confuses me because their two biggest competitors let you open accounts online).

UberMouse

I opted for the annual fee on the Chase credit card, because I get double points at most places and I average using it for company expenses to the tune of about $16K per year, so those points add up really quick and it does not take long to offset the annual fee. We had enough disney rewards dollars in May to not use one penny of our own money on a 7 day stay (Room not included as we are DVC member.) I used the rewards card for every single purchase and meal. Still had about $300 left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom