Chase Disney Debit Card has returned

wiigirl

75.gif
I guess we have to get new debit cards now!

...just what I was thinking. :p

njDizFan

For anyone wondering, if you aren't in a state that has Chase branches you can't open an account and get this. They only allow accounts to be opened in person (which to be honest confuses me because their two biggest competitors let you open accounts online).
That is incorrect, you can open a Chase account online.

twinnstar

Am I the only one that hates this card? Hahaha. I have the regular chase visa, and I only keep it cause I have a high limit, but I feel like the rewards arent equal to what im spending on the card. In the past I've used them for gift cards that I bring to Epcot for Food & Wine Fest, that came in handy. Otherwise, I feel like it took me 6 years to get $60 on a gift card! And I feel like there should be way more discounts then there are. Why arent there more deals for WDW? Or when you go to a Disney movie in the theaters? I dont know, maybe I'm using it wrong haha.

BestVacation

The Disney Visa is a tremendously bad deal. You only get 1% rewards. Discover More and Chase Freedom both offer 1% cash back on everything and 5% on different categories that rotate quarterly. Those are cash rewards that you can use for Disney experiences with more flexibility than the 1% you'd get with the Disney Visa.
I agree that those cards offer better rewards than the Disney Visa when they offer the extra 5% quarterly catagories. Superstores like Walmart seem to be excluded with the extra 5% so I use the Disney Visa for trips to Wally World. Discover is great when using for the extra 5% catagories. You need to be careful with Discover as you don't earn the 1% until after you spend the $3,000 a year and this excludes the purchases made in the 5% catagories.

ExtinctJenn

That is incorrect, you can open a Chase account online.
Not according to the email response I got from their support department. It stated to open an account you must visit a branch and present your ID.

EDIT: To clarify this is probably because I am "out of footprint" which means I am in a state that they do not have branches in.

muteki

Plus you get 6months no interest on Disney trip purchases.

This is one of the main reasons we have them. We like the points too, but it is nice not having to worry about interest on our vacations.

How's that? Faster than what. Typically if you order tickets you pick them up with a voucher at the gate.

For example, the most recent offer for free dining was available to Disney Visa cardholders before it was available to the general public. Its not so much faster, but priority access.

njDizFan

Not according to the email response I got from their support department. It stated to open an account you must visit a branch and present your ID.

EDIT: To clarify this is probably because I am "out of footprint" which means I am in a state that they do not have branches in.
That is correct...ya out of footprint would be disqualified from online acct openings.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
I'm curious for those of you Chase members who switch over. Did they deactivate your current debit card while the Disney card is mailed?

No, at least not for me. Once I received the new card, I called in to activate it, and then had them shut down
my old card. I was given instructions to destroy the old card, which of course, I did.

Tomi-Rocket

I am seriously considering opening a Chase acct. simply to get the Disney Debit Card. The question I face is do I keep my existing acct. at the credit union? I don't really need two checking accts. Hmmm....

Patricia Melton

Guess I'm going to have to call Chase and see how to switch over to a Disney card!! :D

Britt --

I bank with Chase too and would like to know how to get one of these. Right now I just have a regular Chase Debit Card that is not connected to anything. I'd like to get a Disney one if I can.

If you find the info, can you please share with us all how to do it? I would sign up that day if I could. I always use my Chase debit to pay for our annual Disney vacation anyway, so this way we'd be getting something special out of it too.

Britt

Britt --

I bank with Chase too and would like to know how to get one of these. Right now I just have a regular Chase Debit Card that is not connected to anything. I'd like to get a Disney one if I can.

If you find the info, can you please share with us all how to do it? I would sign up that day if I could. I always use my Chase debit to pay for our annual Disney vacation anyway, so this way we'd be getting something special out of it too.
I just had to call them! : ) It took 9 minutes for the entire call and that included the wait time! :D We should get it within 10 days of ordering it : )

Patricia Melton

I just had to call them! : ) It took 9 minutes for the entire call and that included the wait time! :D We should get it within 10 days of ordering it : )

So you just had to tell them you wanted a Disney debit and that was it?

Does your old card stop working while you are waiting for the new one? I would have to plan ahead for what I'd have to do if that happened.

Britt

So you just had to tell them you wanted a Disney debit and that was it?

Does your old card stop working while you are waiting for the new one? I would have to plan ahead for what I'd have to do if that happened.
Yep! I just told them I wanted the Disney Debit card and which design. Your old card doesn't become inactive until you activate the new card and you keep your same pin number : )

These are the 4 designs!
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chase-launches-new-disneys-visar-debit-card-2012-07-25

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom