Chase Disney Debit Card has returned

Goofnut1980

No, at least not for me. Once I received the new card, I called in to activate it, and then had them shut down
my old card. I was given instructions to destroy the old card, which of course, I did.

I just got off the phone with the car who said. If you collect the cards. Once it's deactivated. Just keep it, no need to throw it out.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
I just got off the phone with the car who said. If you collect the cards. Once it's deactivated. Just keep it, no need to throw it out.

Does your new card have the same account number as your old one? Mine did, which was why I destroyed the old one.

Goofnut1980

Does your new card have the same account number as your old one? Mine did, which was why I destroyed the old one.

The csr said it would be a whole new number. Who knows. I worked at chase a few years ago, and training is something they lack. Guess I will find out Tuesday. They have a card facility about 10 mins from me here in Columbus, so cards mail out next day. The card building is like fort knox to get into, but really cool inside.. Last time I got my Disney debit, they made it for me when I did a tour there. Hot off the press.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can see how many people would be ecstatic about Chase offering this debit card to its customers. However, as an existing Disney Chase credit card holder I am a little dissapointed. I have to pay an annual fee to get my card but debit card holders do not and they get just about every benefit that a fee paying credit card holder does. This would obviously be an non-issue if current credit card holders did not have to pay a fee for their credit cards. I promise I'm generally not a grump and am happy for the rest of you.

But is your bonus that you receive reward points and the debit does not?

I went into a Chase branch yesterday and switched over. Old car stays active until the Disney card arrives. I even keep the same number and pin. Really easy and Chase seems excited to be seeing people coming in to switch. Apparently everyone is picking "Midnight' for their design. lol

R W B

Looks like i'll be getting a new card too, lol. I like the cards Mickey on them but my G/F would leave me if I didn't get the Dalmations lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom