Characters lips moving on stage - video

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
That's very interesting. I never realized that the characters lips didn't move. I think I like it when they do. Their eyes were blinking also. Nice touch!

darthjohnny

Yes. I think it's great they've incorporated this technology. I've seen the commercials for Mickey's Magic Show that used the same stuff.

Now I can't wait to see the new Magic Kingdom show in person. :)

frankd1962

If I remember when the characters use to talk in the shows they would shake the heads to make the mouths move "almost" in synch with the audio. This is so much better. It makes them more alive than before.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think the blinking eyes are more impressive than the moving mouths.

It really makes them seem more ALIVE.

It is pretty darn cool!

tnemgif

Wow...that is really impressive. It does make the characters seem much less "static" and more alive. I was worried when I heard thsi because I envisioned a Chuck E Cheese type character. (remember the robot Chuck E Cheese band?) Well, anyway, I'm really impressed and excited to see this technology employed throughout other areas of the park!

JLW11Hi

That's really awesome.

I am glad to see that they are working on improving the beleveability of the characters. Maybe some day they'll figure out a good way to incorporate this into the meet and greet characters, so that they can talk to the kids and stuff.

Maerj

That's really awesome.

I am glad to see that they are working on improving the beleveability of the characters. Maybe some day they'll figure out a good way to incorporate this into the meet and greet characters, so that they can talk to the kids and stuff.

I agree, that's what is next. But I think that how is still the question. Will they use a voice changer of some sort? I think they will go to these new type of heads along with some pre-programed phrases until the technology is good enough to use a voice changer so they can say whatever they need.

Just think, if Tigger had that he could have called for help or just told that kid to stop it!

stitch001

That is really cool. but now the only thing is that, for me, the fact that mickey and minnie have no necks. Which is nothing big, Im just weird like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom