Characters at Special Events etc...

New2WDW

No problems - it's just me trying to keep the magic alive by believing the characters are real. :lol:

Oooooh!:lookaroun Uhhh, but they are!:sohappy:

Funny story (aside from the thread) My littlest girl when she was about 3 saw Bob & Larry (Veggietales) and later told me that she knew they were not the real characters because she saw the zipper in the back!:lol:

New2WDW

But what do you do with the family that came in the afternoon and wanted to see Donald. They would be disappointed with Max.

And during the parade, every character is in the parade.

Well after all, they are just ideas. But some characters can only be seen at certain places/times now so people have to schedule it if they want to see them and so this idea would follow the same guidelines.

Actually after thinking about that, it would be neat if you could only see certain characters at certain places and times. (Just another thought)

kennygman

Here's a list of the characters that we have met over the last 2 trips:
We didn't tour Epcot WS yet. Will do that this time.

71 Characters (I probably missed a couple):
Abby Mallard
Alice in Wonderland
Annie
Ariel
Aurora
Belle
Baloo
Big Al
Bullseye
Brer Rabbit
Buzz Lightyear
Capt. Hook
Chicken Little
Chip
Cinderella
Cruella
Daisy Duck
Dale
Donald Duck
Eyeore
Fairy Godmother
Flic
Foulfellow
Frozone
Genie
Geppetto
Goliath
Goofy
Green Army Man
Jasmine
Jessie
JoJo
June
Kim Possible
King Louie
Koda
Leo
Lightning McQueen
Lilo
Liverlips
Mad Hatter
Mary Poppins
Mater
Mickey
Minnie
Mr. Incredible
Mr. Smee
Mrs. Incredible
Nemo
Peter Pan
Pinoocchio
Piglet
Pluto
Pocahontas
PR - Green Samurai
PR - Lunar Wolf Ranger (Blue)
PR - Pink Mystic Force
PR - Red Ranger SPD
PR - White Ranger
Queen of Hearts
Rafiki
Ron Stoppable
Shaker
Snow White
Stitch
Tigger
Tweedle Dee
Tweedle Dum
Wendell
Wendy
Winnie the Pooh
Woody

We saw Friar Tuck, Max and Clarice but didn't have time to get autographs.
This time we're spending more time completing the kids autograph books and looking for missing characters. Just a fun way to WDW a third time within a year. In the past it was more about attractions, DTD and Water Parks

Here's some they hope to meet this time:
Abu
Atta
Beast
Bert
Brer Bear
Brer Fox
Clarbelle
Clarice
Cruella
Darkwing Duck
Friar Tuck
Gideon
Hunchback characters
Kermit
Kronk
Kuzco
Little John
Max
Meeko
Mike Wazowski
Miss Piggy
Mulan
Mushu
Penguins
Perla
Princes
Rabbit (Pooh)
Robin Hood
Santa
Scrooge McDuck
Seven Dwarfs
Stanley
Sully
Suzy
Tarzan
Terk
Timon
Villans

I'll give you a report next week.

DDuckFan130

The newest one I can find is here -http://pscalculator.net/downloads/TheRustyScupperCharacterFind.xls

It has Lady Tremaine appearing at the 1900 Park Fare dinner! That's one I've not seen...
Lady Tremaine?! That is awesome! Do you have a picture?

And I can see both sides of the argument. I think seeing the more obscure characters that only a minority of people would know can be cool. At the same time, I still get excited when I see some of the more important ones :lol:

I looked for the 3 caballeros this past Thanksgiving trip and I couldn't find them :mad: :cry:

:lookaroun

I'd love to meet Uncle Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie btw :D The whole duck clan :lookaroun

drew81

Well, time to get on a soap box. I am new to this site but I know that there are a large number of employees of the parks who read these posts. My family and I have been yearly visitors for quite sometime. My world changed when my oldest son discovered the characters were fun and not going to eat him. Now I love seeing my kids and the characters interact and we have become full flegged character finders. So we have gravitated to finding the oddities. (I realize a whole lot of you dislike the whole meet and greet angle..so there is no reason for you to continue reading unless your killing time.)
A couple of years ago we hit the Halloween Party for the first time and man it was fantastic so many new characters. So we decided we have to come back next year, and we can't miss the Christmas event. Much to our suprise the Halloween event the next year was roughly the same except the villians were only doing pictures. According to people we have talked to 2004 was also the same format with a similar lineup of characters. Judging by the lists I have seen the Christmas party with one exception or two will be the same characters as the Haloween party.
Well so what? Well you would think management would put an emaphasis on putting some new life every year in the special events. I don't understand having the same old Alice trail every year (no offense to you Alice fans), having the standard villians at the castle.
The parks have done a fairly good job mixing up the characters during regular hours, pulling out some oddities every so often, but you would think a special event would be well, special in every way, characters included. How about a villian area at the MNSSHP, or Huey, Dewey, and Louie at MVMCP? Why not bring out the characters that march in the parades at the events for meet and greets like Stromboli, Clara Cluck, The Three Pigs or others. I may be wrong but I think there are a whole lot of us out there who love finding the rare characters.
As for the regular days, it has gotten to the point where my family can be at the parks for a week including a special event and only find 5 or so characters we have not met before. I understand the Big 5, Chipmunks, Stitch and Princeses will be everywhere, but come on, there are so many great characters who need to see some daylight. Why not let some of the lesser known charecters who are out a lot rest, and put some others in their place? As a newer person to this community I realize this is probably an old rant and I may be preaching to the choir, so how can this opinion be heard?

Go to guest relations and ask for them. That's all I can say. But I do agree with you about alot of that.

drew81

Here's a list of the characters that we have met over the last 2 trips:
We didn't tour Epcot WS yet. Will do that this time.

71 Characters (I probably missed a couple):
Abby Mallard
Alice in Wonderland
Annie
Ariel
Aurora
Belle
Baloo
Big Al
Bullseye
Brer Rabbit
Buzz Lightyear
Capt. Hook
Chicken Little
Chip
Cinderella
Cruella
Daisy Duck
Dale
Donald Duck
Eyeore
Fairy Godmother
Flic
Foulfellow
Frozone
Genie
Geppetto
Goliath
Goofy
Green Army Man
Jasmine
Jessie
JoJo
June
Kim Possible
King Louie
Koda
Leo
Lightning McQueen
Lilo
Liverlips
Mad Hatter
Mary Poppins
Mater
Mickey
Minnie
Mr. Incredible
Mr. Smee
Mrs. Incredible
Nemo
Peter Pan
Pinoocchio
Piglet
Pluto
Pocahontas
PR - Green Samurai
PR - Lunar Wolf Ranger (Blue)
PR - Pink Mystic Force
PR - Red Ranger SPD
PR - White Ranger
Queen of Hearts
Rafiki
Ron Stoppable
Shaker
Snow White
Stitch
Tigger
Tweedle Dee
Tweedle Dum
Wendell
Wendy
Winnie the Pooh
Woody

We saw Friar Tuck, Max and Clarice but didn't have time to get autographs.
This time we're spending more time completing the kids autograph books and looking for missing characters. Just a fun way to WDW a third time within a year. In the past it was more about attractions, DTD and Water Parks

Here's some they hope to meet this time:
Abu
Atta
Beast
Bert
Brer Bear
Brer Fox
Clarbelle
Clarice
Cruella
Darkwing Duck
Friar Tuck
Gideon
Hunchback characters
Kermit
Kronk
Kuzco
Little John
Max
Meeko
Mike Wazowski
Miss Piggy
Mulan
Mushu
Penguins
Perla
Princes
Rabbit (Pooh)
Robin Hood
Santa
Scrooge McDuck
Seven Dwarfs
Stanley
Sully
Suzy
Tarzan
Terk
Timon
Villans

I'll give you a report next week.

You should find a some of those. Good Luck

Tiggerfanatic

Lady Tremaine?! That is awesome! Do you have a picture?

And I can see both sides of the argument. I think seeing the more obscure characters that only a minority of people would know can be cool. At the same time, I still get excited when I see some of the more important ones :lol:

I looked for the 3 caballeros this past Thanksgiving trip and I couldn't find them :mad: :cry:

:lookaroun

I'd love to meet Uncle Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie btw :D The whole duck clan :lookaroun

We saw them twice @ Mexico in Epcot, once on Wednesday and once on Saturday.

ArtsyPics

I think it's fun to walk around the park and see who we see that day. I'm always up for a surprise! I really need to get updated on my character knowledge though, my 2.5 year old is pointing out characters that I've never heard of!

I do have to say that I wish the Big Bad Wolf would be around more often. We were sandwiched between adults and bigger kids on both sides of us during a MNSSHP parade one evening. Wouldn't you know the Big Bad Wolf comes and jumps right in my daughter's face, while she's sitting strapped in her stroller. Hello! She started crying and was so very frightened. That move was dumb. And I told him so. He shook his head yes LOL

Still to this day, every day, she talks about how the 'mean red wolf scared me' and she needs to tell him Boo! so that she can scare him.

I hope we see him before next year. He's gonna have to be looking over his shoulder for us!

:fork:

Gorjus

Bring back Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack!!!!

:brick: Ok, see, even with only one month of employment, I can tell you that most people don't even know where the bathrooms are let alone who Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack is. So really, how many people want to see more than the top 15 characters?:brick:

Gorjus

Tiggerfanatic

On that same weekend? I was at Epcot Saturday afternoon and I looked around and didn't see them. Were they in the pavilion? Or somewhere outside closer to Norway?
Yep, we were there over Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, they were standing in front the taco stand, and saw them late in the afternoon on Saturday, off to the right side of the Mexico pavilion....

DDuckFan130

Yep, we were there over Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, they were standing in front the taco stand, and saw them late in the afternoon on Saturday, off to the right side of the Mexico pavilion....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cry:

I knew I should have walked a little further...but I was too tired.

*sigh*

Hopefully they'll be there next time around :lol:

Piebald

I love the characters more than the next guy. I get excited when I'm working and I see characters doing meet and greets. I also understand Disney's way of handling things. I think 80% of our guests have absolutely no idea what is going on. You all have to understand that you make up .0003% of the guests who come. NO ONE cares about WOL. NO ONE cares if the 3rd bug to be eaten by Timon and Pumbaa appears for Meet and Greets and that is why you see Mickey and Goofy 200 times on a trip. Thats who people want to see.

You have to give them some credit for bringing different characters out though. We have Clarice out fairly frequently. Horace and Clarabelle, The Three Caballeros, Jiminy Cricket, etc. Think reasonably everyone. Think of staffing, heights, etc. Your best bet is just to get lucky and possibly run into a group of characters in training. :wave:

HomerHog

re:Lightning McQueen

Thanks for the info. I am so off my game right now. I am normally already booked and starting to plan at this time of year for a summer trip. We booked yesterday for a trip to the Capital One Bowl leaving 3 weeks from today, so I'm in scramble mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom