Character signatures

AndTiggercameto

Original Poster
Does anyone know how Disney make sure that each characters signatures are the same?...some friends of ours have been to Paris & we compared their autograph books to ours from Florida & they were exactly the same...how do they do that?:veryconfu

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The friends of the characters are taught to sign the exact same way. It is actually not that hard to make 2 or more people have the exact same hand writing or signature. Back in the days of hand drawn house plans my first week was spent learning the company font. After that you could not distinguish my lettering from the other two draftsmen there.

AndTiggercameto

Original Poster
The friends of the characters are taught to sign the exact same way. It is actually not that hard to make 2 or more people have the exact same hand writing or signature. Back in the days of hand drawn house plans my first week was spent learning the company font. After that you could not distinguish my lettering from the other two draftsmen there.

Very true...but it still intrigues me....:wave:

emporiumgirl06

Like they said before, "friends" of Characters, have to go through a special training in of signatures, before they are allowed to continue their Character training. I had several friends who were friends of Characters, while on my college program. Also some runners at the hotels are allowed to take this special class in order to make special packages for the guests, using the characters autograph. It was part of the consistency that Walt envisioned. The autographs would never change.

Sir Goofy

I had some friends from CP who were "friends" with multiple characters. It was fun to see all the signatures they knew- also made for a good CP scavenger hunt item!

trendicoff

Typically at guest relations (at least at MK) they have one expert on hand who can "find" all the characters in order to help small guests who couldn't find their favorite to get an autograph. I'm always impressed by these CMs (and I love Tinkerbelle's signature).

CaptainShortty

I had some friends from CP who were "friends" with multiple characters. It was fun to see all the signatures they knew- also made for a good CP scavenger hunt item!

We did this to one of my CP "friends" all the time! Loved watching him sit down and write them all. Then I made him teach me. :)

Silver Figment

It is sort of neat how they make it so a characters autograph is always the same but it makes sense if you think about it. If every time a kid sees Mickey it's supposed to be "the one and only" Mickey Mouse then his autograph should be consistent; it's not like Mickey's signature would change.

NYwdwfan

My daughter is 8 and starting to catch on to how the world works as far as these things - and she was amazed that Donald at AK signed the same as Donald at Cape May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom