Character signatures

WDWVolFan

I had some friends from CP who were "friends" with multiple characters. It was fun to see all the signatures they knew- also made for a good CP scavenger hunt item!
Do they practice the signature with the characters' outfit? I mean Pluto signs it on his nose, you have to practice it that way right?

tongaloosh

When I was a CP, I had a friend who was "friends" with a lot of fur characters. My understanding is that a CM's height determines which characters they play. The CM is given a sheet with all the applicable characters' signatures on it. The CM then practices the size and stroke order of the signatures using the same kind of paper kids are given to practice the alphabet (two solid lines with a dotted line in-between to help determine letter height). This helps ensure consistency with the signatures.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Height determines who they play, body shape restricts who they cannot, there's a great big book cataloguing the signatures of each character (with copies including the relevant character signatures available at each location, and master copies in offices)

What does this mean? If you're 5'11" you can be Tigger. If you're 5'11" and obese, you can't. And the Tigger performers in both Toontown and Crystal Palace have the same character profile sheet including character description and signature to see.

MOXOMUMD

That's cool to know. I packed away an autograph book of my daughter's from when she was two. I thought it was lost so I bought a new one (she's now 7) and started over. A few weeks ago we found the first book and most of the signatures look the same.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That's cool to know. I packed away an autograph book of my daughter's from when she was two. I thought it was lost so I bought a new one (she's now 7) and started over. A few weeks ago we found the first book and most of the signatures look the same.

It's done that way on purpose

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Goofy changed his signature a while back. Nowadays some of the Goofy merchandise features his new signature, and some features his old. It drives me nuts.

DancingPhoenix

It's actually pretty easy to learn the signatures. I was bored once and went through my autograph book and tried them on my own. Minnie's was the easiest for me, because our handwriting is already similar. It's really fun to try out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom