Character pictures from the marathons

MKCP 1985

poor Russell isn't making appearances anymore. At least he was around for the 2010 marathon - here he is backstage at the Disney's Hollywood Studios park.

R1-0A_0001-1.jpg

fmingo36

poor Russell isn't making appearances anymore. At least he was around for the 2010 marathon - here he is backstage at the Disney's Hollywood Studios park.

R1-0A_0001-1.jpg

Soooooo jealous. Loved the movie UP and I'm very disappointed that I won't have a chance to meet the characters.

Erin_Akey

So the 16:00 pace limit.......how does stopping for pics figure into that?? Also, did you guys take these pics or are they "photopass" pics??? I love them all!!!

I am thinking I could slip a small disposable camera into my pouch where I keep my Gu's ad iPod etc.

I am afraid if I stopped for a pic I would fall behind on the time limits since I am a new runner and this will be my first half.

lukacseven

I believe the clock on the 16 min./mile pace begins when the final runners cross the start line, so, if you end up inthe forward or middle corrals, then you actually get exra time. 2 years ago they started using the wave start, so wheel chairs go off at 5:50 am, followed by 3 different start times. The seeding is supposed to be set-up by projected finish time, but I've been in the second corral and there have been walkers in there. Disney is really good about policing assignments if you lien up early, but 5-10 minutes before the first gun, it's a free-for-all.

As far as the cameras go, last year for both the half and the marathon, all participants were given a disposalable film camera in the schwag bag. I've run with a small digital in my spibelt. At character spots and other photo op location, they have cast members to take your picutre for you with your own camera. I don't believe they offer Photopass during the race. There is an official race photographer (ASI Photo) that you can purchase pictures from a few days after the race.

Erin_Akey

Thanks for the info! i am soooo nervous!!! I want to finish so bad, and still have six months to train and my times are running at about 14.3 on average so hopefully by then i will be well under my 16.0 requirement and still able to take a photo, water, and potty break when needed!!!

lukacseven

Don't worry or stress out over finishing and don't dwell too much on your pace. The race is still a long ways off. Have you tried SmartCoach on Runnersworld.com? You can set-up a free customizable training program based on your individual goals (time, pace, number of weeks to train, etc). Even if you don't follow the program, it's a good guide as to where you should be leading up to the race.

MKCP 1985

So the 16:00 pace limit.......how does stopping for pics figure into that?? Also, did you guys take these pics or are they "photopass" pics??? I love them all!!!

I am thinking I could slip a small disposable camera into my pouch where I keep my Gu's ad iPod etc.

I am afraid if I stopped for a pic I would fall behind on the time limits since I am a new runner and this will be my first half.

Erin, there are no photopass photographers out on the course. Take a small disposable camera for best results.

If I might offer a small bit of advice - try and train to go a little bit faster than 16 minutes per mile. Maybe even 15:30 per mile right now. There are no timeouts for restroom breaks (lines can be long) or taking photos with characters (lines move quickly) and due to the length of the race, anyone is likely to fall off their early pace in the final miles.

That said, don't be discouraged. If you commit to an exercise regimen of running 3 or more times per week right now, there is plenty of time to train and be ready to complete a half marathon, or even a full marathon. :D

lukacseven

I've never personally tried it, but I know several people who have turned in surprisingly fast finishing times with a walk/run strategy. Maybe someone else can elaborate more specifically, but I see a lot of people (and hear alot of watches beeping) in the larger races, then people pull off to the side and walk, or jump back into the pack and start running. Just something to research and consider.

dreamfinder

Also, did you guys take these pics or are they "photopass" pics??? I love them all!!!

Photopass doesn't have anything to do with the race events. As a PP mentioned, ASI will be taking on course pictures, as well as finish line photos, and usually also any characters at the finish. However, at the characters on course you are on your own. Typically each character will have a handler. You can hand them your camera, and they will take your picture and send you on your way. They know time is important and so they will usually make it quick for you.

fmingo36

Huge thread bump here...

Between miles 7 & 8 during the 2011 Princess Half Marathon!

IMG_0154.JPG

What a great rare photo op!
Now, why can't they have Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather out for M&Gs every now and then instead of the Fairy Godmother or maybe, Lady Tramaine, Drizella and Anastasia.

fmingo36

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious at Mile 12

picture.php

Feeling Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious at Mile 12 with Mary, Bert, and Mr. Penguin during the Disney Marathon (January 2011).
We are all looking "practically perfect"! :)

Ariel484

What a great rare photo op!
Now, why can't they have Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather out for M&Gs every now and then instead of the Fairy Godmother or maybe, Lady Tramaine, Drizella and Anastasia.

I know! I was excited to see them! :) I would've liked to see Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella...that would have been so fun! Love your Marry Poppins pic.

Here's my pictures for today...between miles 3 and 4!

IMG_0125.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom