Character Meals, which one ?

MickeyMark57

Original Poster
Need a little advice WDWMAGIC crew. Which characters usually appear at the various character meals? We have the dining plan for December and are trying to decide on a character meal. I know they are spread around various restaurants, parks, resorts,etc... Any help would be appreciated.:veryconfu

joanna71985

Here are some of the character meals:
*Crystal Palace (MK)- B, L, D. The characters are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore

*Cinderella's Royal Table (MK)- B, L. The characters are Cinderella and Friends. They can vary from Snow White, Belle (blue dress), Aurora, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Fairy Godmother. D- Cinderella is in the lobby, and Fairy Godmother, Suzy, and Perla are upstairs. They do a little show.

*1900 Park Fare (GF)- B, D. Breakfast is Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh, and Tigger. Dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella

*Ohana (Poly)- B. Characters are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.

*Chef Mickey's (Cont)- B, D. The characters are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald.

*Tusker House (AK)- B. characters are Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy

*Play and Dine (DHS)- B, L. Characters are Leo, June, JoJo, and Goliath

*Garden Grill (Epcot)- D. Characters are Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale

*Akershus (Epcot)- B, L, D. The characters can vary. They can include Belle, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Ariel, rarely Cinderella

*Cape May (Y&B)- B. Characters are Minnie, Goofy, and Donald

My favorites include Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, and 1900 Park Fare dinner. Also, be aware that all characters are subject to change.

WDWVito

Hollywood and Vine (DHS) Leo, June, JoJo, and Goliath

Akershus : Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Sleeping beauty, and Belle (we hit the jack pot here!) With 3 girls....they LOVED it!! :sohappy:

Joece

All the character dining spots in WDW are going to have characters that I am sure will please anyone looking for characters. As for overall atmosphere, food, and characters, I have to recommend Ohana or 1900 Park Fare.

Ohana's great for breakfast or dinner, but characters are only around for breakfast. If you're looking for a good evening spot for character dining, go to 1900 Park Fare. It's a little more upscale than the other character dining spots, and the food seems to reflect this on all of our trips. It has a Cinderella, Prince Charming theme to it, which is a big plus if those are the characters you are looking for. It's also in the Grand Floridian, which means easy and efficient monorail access to the Magic Kingdom before/after you eat.

If you want to stay in the parks, Crystal Palace offers excellent location, feet from the castle, good food, and a Magic Kingdom location.

I'd recommend those three over anything else.

DisneyPrincess5

Great summary joanna71985.

I've been to a few different character meals and I must say I think Crystal Palace has the best food and characters.

HollyBelle

I like Ohana and Tusker House! Ohana is great because while it's all you can eat, they bring the food to you. And I'm not really a serve-yourself-buffet fan, so this is important to me. Plus they have POG juice, which is delicious. And you just can't beat the ambience of the Poly.

One of the reasons I love Tusker House is because they have Daisy Duck :sohappy:, who can't be found at any other character meal. Also, I like their buffet set up better than some others and we always seem to get good character interaction there.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Our favourite is Crystal Palace - for either Breakfast or Dinner. We visit here at least once every trip.

1900 PF was a new one for us on our last trip and would recommend the breakfast here as well.

Our last visit to Tusker House was poor - incredibly busy and somewhat chaotic - the food was a typical Disney offering and was plentiful and hot which made up for it. We'd previously done the Donalds Breakfastaurous in AK and loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom