Character meal dining solo?

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Hey there folks!
I am taking my first trip to WDW this Decemeber and there's a good chance I'll be flying solo.
My "tradition" at Disneyworld is to start off my first morning with a Character breakfast. It really helps break the ice and get me in the mood (especially after a 6+ hour flight the day before).
Previously, I've eaten at Donald's Restruatosaurus' character breakfast, but they closed that one done. I was thinking of doing the Tusker House character breakfast instead. It's really beautiful to be let into the parks before the crowds and enjoy the peaceful (yet brisk) walk to the restruant in the Animal Kingdom.
I am also considering doing something I know few people would do with me - like a princess breakfast, but I just feel funny about eating alone with face characters running around.
Has anyone done a character meal solo? How do they treat you? I'm pretty nervous about this, though I'm sure it'll probably be a great trip.
Thanks for any and all feed back!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Are you nervous about just going solo or just about what you mentioned with the face characters and going solo? I never really thought about the characters - face to not face - but you are totally right! I might feel funny too, but that is b/c I have a thing about doing things alone. That is just me though and I wish I was better at it because I think it would be a totally fun and liberating experience! Especially to have a trip like this at Disney! I know Disney and the characters are SO great, that I don't think you will feel funny or anxious at all. I am sure they will totally put you to ease!! Have a great trip!!!!! :wave:

Animaniac93-98

I've done Akershus solo and had fun, if you want to go by all means do! It's not like someone is stopping you and it's easier to get table for 1 instead of 4.

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Thanks folks!

I guess I'm nervous about going solo AND dining solo with characters. In a restruant I can usually keep myself entertained with a book, or writing about my trip, reviewing photos on my camera, or sending a few text messages. So I don't feel too out of place. Often, I'll eat at a bar, but I've never been to Disneyworld Solo before. I realize my last post wasn't too clear. I go solo to Disneyland all the time. I'm in the theater world and saddly most of my friends don't have the day jobs to afford a trip, so I figure I'd rather go solo than not at all! :cool: Disneyland has been the PERFECT place to get used to traveling solo. Everyone is friendly and the cast members are usually happy to make conversation.

coltow

I would think any place would be fine for a solo. If it were me by myself I'd probably go to Ohana.

fascion216

i <3 going solo! i did my first 9 day solo trip to WDW last year in october (and am going agasin this year at the same time) it was great .. no one made me feel weird about being alone. i ate a chef mickeys and 1900 park fare as far as character dining goes. i had people from other tables take my picture with the characters and everyone was super cool about it. i had the dining plan so i also dined at alot of other places by myself. i found california grill very relaxing .. i ate and just stared at the castle. youre going to have a terrific time.

Phonedave

I have eaten in loads of WDW restaruants solo, including character dining.

I don't think I have been with face characters solo though.

I find they tend to pay MORE attention to me, than when I am eating with my kids.

One time at the garden grill I had to almost beat Chip off with a stick. :) I think he came by four seperate times and stayed a good while each time.

-dave

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to my friends (who currently think I'm crazy) being pea green with envy when I come back with great photos and good stories. :) :sohappy:

drew81

I do character dining by myself all the time. I always have fun and the characters are always great. Go and have a fun time.

Auroragirl

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to my friends (who currently think I'm crazy) being pea green with envy when I come back with great photos and good stories. :) :sohappy:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! :ROFLOL:They'll be the jealous ones wishing they had gone with you.... especially with the great photos of all the character dining and the fact that you'll be first to ride all the rides.... solo riders get on SO much faster than if you have others with you!!!! Have a great time!

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Yup! Took them several years to get over the fact that I go to Disneyland solo (well, sort of solo - I bring my dog usually) for a day or two! There aren't many single rider lines, but there is NOTHING like just strolling the parks and soaking everything up.

Oddly enough, now a couple of my friends are asking "how much would it cost for me to go?" :ROFLOL:

rickmusic53

They will treat you like royalty. Go for it. Do the Cinderella Breakfast at Magik Kingdom and the one in Norway...they are both great whether you are male or female alone or with a crownd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom