Character Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
6'0"

Provided that's how Disney measures you, you could play the roles of: Tigger, Goofy, Baloo, Br'er Bear, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Foulfellow, and many others.

bbll24

Piebald said:
That is a creepy as hell picture lol.
I've got to say though, from experience, those character "outfits" :animwink: are a lot more complex than most people think.

How are they complex, isn't it just a body and a head?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
and lots of padding... how do you think males can perform female roles.... curvy female roles... and be physically convincing?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, I totally missed it the first two times I looked at it. Then *wham* it hit me, and kinda scared me!

stuarthulluk

mkt said:
6'0"

Provided that's how Disney measures you, you could play the roles of: Tigger, Goofy, Baloo, Br'er Bear, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Foulfellow, and many others.

that is sooo kool, r there n e others, i cnt wait, i go nxt month, yay

bbll24

stuarthulluk said:

You're going to be in trouble if you have to pass a spelling test in order to become a character.

WDWKat26

stuarthulluk said:

Um, what? 3 words...Hooked on Phonics.

bbll24 said:
How are they complex, isn't it just a body and a head?

Definitely not. I'm not going to get into it, but if it was just a body and a head, how does Br'er Bear get his giant bottom, or Pooh Bear get his roundness? Trust me there's more than you think.

Oh yeah, and for the person who said Pluto is short...Uh...Pluto is 5'6-5'8...that's not too short to me...

robynchic

edwardtc said:
As for these heights being top secret, I'll tell you that they are indeed NOT. They pass out sheets full of this info at the call-outs on college campuses for the CP. I went to two of them, thinking I'd be able to do it (never came true). I had sheets that told me exactly what height each character was, what the auditions consisted of, and many other things about positions, job duties, etc. If they can distribute that material like there's no tomorrow at a CP Call-Out, then I don't think a CM on here should get in trouble for the same thing. So many people treat the "character" subject similar to talking about death, or cancer or something else evil or forbidden. We all understand that there are people inside those costumes - and even though I know, it doesnt ruin the magic for me. I like how MKT put it: let's base this discussion on intelligence and not playing silly games to pretend that there are real animals walking around the theme park signing autographs.

I think it's not so much a matter of the heights being top secret, as the people who know the current exact heights wanting to come out and say it. Believe it or not, there ARE CMs who lurk on message boards to see if there's anything that current CMs are saying that shouldn't be said.

That being said, most current CMs that are friends with the characters won't admit to it on these pages and say bad things if they realize they could be read and terminated for what they say.

joanna71985

How many characters come out to do meets? I know not every character in a movie comes out, but in an estimate do come out? Several hundred? Also, what characters are in the 5'2 height range? That's my height and I'm DYING to be a character!

WDWKat26

joanna71985 said:
How many characters come out to do meets? I know not every character in a movie comes out, but in an estimate do come out? Several hundred? Also, what characters are in the 5'2 height range? That's my height and I'm DYING to be a character!

i think there are other posts about this, you've been bumping a lot of the old posts lately....

KerTggr

dr_teeth90210 said:
Any positions for me?

I'm 6'9".

Yes - Bear in the Big Blue House if you don't mind having one buff arm and one with pins & needles feeling all the time.

robynchic

KerTggr said:
Yes - Bear in the Big Blue House if you don't mind having one buff arm and one with pins & needles feeling all the time.

There's also a seasonal role in that height range- don't forget!

Connor002

Original Poster
Yay! My thread will never die! Muwhahaha! :drevil:

I mean, ahhh...

Yes, I know Mickey is short, very short. A "have you shrunk four feet since the last time I've seen you?" short. I was kind of sad when I realized I was several feet taller them mickey, I don't know why.

WDWKat26

KerTggr said:

Um definitely not. Can someone please lock this thread for gods sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom