Character Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWKat26

drew smith said:
Beast, Sulley, and Jafar all start around 6'3"-6'4". Hades and Kronk could go either way.

That's right, thanks for clearing that up Drew before I did :) :wave:

Connor002 said:
cool, thats about how tall my parents are, and i'd love to be sulley and goofy

i don't plan on becomeing a permanant character (i want to be an imagineer) i was just woundering if you could be one if you entered the colege program

MKT, I would have touched this and I would have posted up the heights no problem.

Anyway, uh...you're spelling is a little off :zipit: You can be a Character if you're in the College Program. As for the Goofy question earlier, Goofy starts at 6ft. There is a 1/2 inch rule throughout Disney, so if someone is measured at 5'11 1/2 or taller anyone can be Goofy.

Height ranges are changing constantly, but I used to be in the 5'8 height range before I got remeasured. Here's who I was: Pluto, Eeyore, Flik, Tweedle Dee/Dum, Shaker, Liver Lips, Wendell, Prince John, Friar Tuck, Green Army Man and many others.

Now that I got remeasured to 5'6 1/2, It took away: Tweedle Dee/Dum, Shaker, Liver Lips and a few others. But it added Atta, Mrs. Incredible and Mr. Smee so i'm not complaining.

Hope this helps :)

Connor002

Original Poster
so my spellings off by a letter or two, its summer vacation, for thoes of us who have it, and for thoes adults who have to work all year, ha ha, being young rocks

A "Ghost" Host

Connor002 said:
I was just wondering, what are the height ranges for the characters (how tall for each) and can you be a character while in the coledge program, even if thats not related to what your studying

i'm 5'8" i that rules out mickey (i'm taller than him in the pictures)

does anyone know what i would fit into (i'll probally grow more too, my parents are tall)

P.S. how tall are the ones that are the darves, are they midgets?:)
Lets see, at 5'8 you would be cast most likely as Mr. Smee, Pluto, probably some of the masked characters I am "good friends with" But I'm 5'11, so...

dr_teeth90210 said:
Any positions for me?

I'm 6'9".
GOOFY? He's one tall son of a gun

WED1971

As a former CM, and having gone through character training (this was several years ago) we were told the height variance could not exceed 1/4 of an inch...

Perhaps this has changed if the restrictions are now within 1/2 of an inch??? Does anyone know for sure?? - i'd be interested in checking this against the 'old' cast handbook...

WDWKat26

dr_teeth90210 said:
Any positions for me?

I'm 6'9".

Actually, yes. You and MKEPCOTMGMAK are the same height. Chewbacca and Goliath (From Gargoyles) are in your height range :) Unfortunately, Chewbacca is only out during Star Wars Weekends and Goliath is only out during Mickey's Not So Scary :)

WDWKat26

WED1971 said:
As a former CM, and having gone through character training (this was several years ago) we were told the height variance could not exceed 1/4 of an inch...

Perhaps this has changed if the restrictions are now within 1/2 of an inch??? Does anyone know for sure?? - i'd be interested in checking this against the 'old' cast handbook...

If you read my big post a couple posts above, I stated how they now went to the 1/2 inch rule and no longer the 1/4 inch :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I completed my character training in 1999, and until 2003 when I performed in that role it was a half inch variance... but then again, I know that for years, things weren't standardized between the parks. Only in 2001 did I notice the rules being applied consistently

mkt

Premium Member
Kat,

I know enough about you to know that A- you are smart enough to respect a persons intelligence, and B- you are not as easily brainwashed as other people in WDW Entertainment. I know you probably would have said it, but the same cannot be said about the other members of the zoo crew who live on these forums.

That being said, you should know that WDW does indeed monitor these boards, however you should also know that nothing will probably happen, since in 6 years, I have only heard of 1 single CM getting into any sort of trouble, or receiving any repercussions from their postings on an internet message board.... and it was a poster on the DIS, not here.

Tom

Beta Return
Vernonpush said:
Let's live on "Dopey Drive" :lol:

Well, in case you didn't know, there IS a Dopey Drive on property :lol: It is off to the east, near the ancillary services (textiles, construction, etc). I only know this because a big electrical firm here in Indy (that we know the owners of well) has a branch office on Dopey Drive (WDW Contractor Row) - they do most of the electrical work for WDW. You will often see their service vans on property - ERMCO.

As for these heights being top secret, I'll tell you that they are indeed NOT. They pass out sheets full of this info at the call-outs on college campuses for the CP. I went to two of them, thinking I'd be able to do it (never came true). I had sheets that told me exactly what height each character was, what the auditions consisted of, and many other things about positions, job duties, etc. If they can distribute that material like there's no tomorrow at a CP Call-Out, then I don't think a CM on here should get in trouble for the same thing. So many people treat the "character" subject similar to talking about death, or cancer or something else evil or forbidden. We all understand that there are people inside those costumes - and even though I know, it doesnt ruin the magic for me. I like how MKT put it: let's base this discussion on intelligence and not playing silly games to pretend that there are real animals walking around the theme park signing autographs.

Tigger is no way 6 FT 1, I have dozens of pictures with this character (he's probably the closest to my height out of them all) and I'm 5ft 11 on a good day!!

mkt

Premium Member
Tigger is officially 5'10" - 6'0" with the half inch variance. Whomever told him that a 6'1" person could be tigger was mistaken.

SpenceMan01

I was told by a knowledgable person who has posted in this thread.

With that said, I'd like to get my hands on one of those sheets from the CP call-outs... just to see 'officially'.

mkt

Premium Member
even knowledgable people make mistakes.

Tom

Beta Return
SpenceMan01 said:
I was told by a knowledgable person who has posted in this thread.

With that said, I'd like to get my hands on one of those sheets from the CP call-outs... just to see 'officially'.

I'll see if my brother ever got one - he went to the Call-Out a couple years ago, also with the intent of doing CP, but he didn't. Apparently that sheet seemed less important to me 4 years ago than it does now - I wish I had all that stuff still!

Woody13

mkt said:
the greatest conflict in Walt Disney World, maintain character integrity, or respect a persons intelligence. Personally, my mouse ear shaped shackles have been lifted, so I'll respect the intelligence.
It is my understanding that there are several deprogramming and exit-counseling sessions offered to former Disney CM's. However, they're not too successful.

mkt

Premium Member
Woody13 said:
It is my understanding that there are several deprogramming and exit-counseling sessions offered to former Disney CM's. However, they're not too successful.

they aren't... hence why so many former CM's find it hard to readjust back to the real world when they leave the mouse.

stuarthulluk

ok, right, im going to disneyland paris to work for the character dept nxt month,

i just wana know, im bout 5 10 - 5 11, im 180cms, wot characters can i do, and r they the same in france that the usa

dixiegirl

mkt said:
Kat,

I know enough about you to know that A- you are smart enough to respect a persons intelligence, and B- you are not as easily brainwashed as other people in WDW Entertainment. I know you probably would have said it, but the same cannot be said about the other members of the zoo crew who live on these forums.

That being said, you should know that WDW does indeed monitor these boards, however you should also know that nothing will probably happen, since in 6 years, I have only heard of 1 single CM getting into any sort of trouble, or receiving any repercussions from their postings on an internet message board.... and it was a poster on the DIS, not here.

really..they monitor these boards?? :lookaroun wow it's like big brother is watching you....(not trying to be sarcastic)....i just thought those people at disney are to busy to check us out here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom