Character Breakfasts - Which One

SAMANTHA

Original Poster
We are going back to the world in July. There will be 8 of us and are looking for a good place to go for a character breakfast.

We normally do Cinderella's Breakfast but that is the only one.

Please help with some suggestions!!

becanya

We always do Chef Mickey's twice on our trips because it is so awesome. They have this really great breakfast lasagna with zucchini in it...oh so good! But this year we are also adding in Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House because people on here give it such rave reviews.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Tusker House is a nice option, as is Cape May. If you enjoy Cinderella's Wicked Stepmother and Stepsisters, then 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian is also a lovely choice.

the1nonlysinger

Tusker House is a nice option, as is Cape May. If you enjoy Cinderella's Wicked Stepmother and Stepsisters, then 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian is also a lovely choice.

I'm pretty certain that Cinderella's Wicked Stepmother and Stepsisters are only at 1900 Park Fare at dinner. Breakfast is Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter... (At least that's what I've read!)

mickeysshoes

As posted above I would suggest Chef Mickey or Tusker House. If you choose Tusker house I would suggest making ADR for a morning with NO extra magic hours and make breakfast for first time slot of the day. Enter the park before it opens, this way you are in the park and head start on the opening rush!! We have done this 2 years in a row and get some much done this way!!! Enjoy what ever you pick!!

tiaragirl

The two character breakfasts that I've enjoyed the most, as of the past few trips, are the ones at the Poly (O'hana) and the Grand Floridian (1900 Park Fare). At O'hana you get to see Lilo and Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto - GF is Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, Alice, Pooh and Tigger. The food was great at both places!

epcotWSC

1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's were probably my favs. Although 1900 Park Fare is better for Dinner since you get Cinderella's Wicked Stepmother and Stepsisters

ob1thx1138

We did several on our first trip this last June-July here is how we ranked them (FYI Dad and Mom 34 & 35 and two boys 16 and 8)

1. 1900 Park Fare (the face characters are really fun and the food was better than all the others)
2. Donalds Safari (actually had some interesting food as well as the standard fare. Be sure to try the sauce with the ham I cant remember what it was called)
3. Ohana
4. Crystal palace
5. Chef Mickeys

1900 Park Fare was by far our favorite it was not even close. In fact on our next trip we plan on eating breakfast in our room except for one or two trips to 1900 park fare. I guess my boys are just not fans of characters with big heads.

pacochran

Like you we've only done Cinderella's castle, but this year we are going to be trying Tucker House next week actually, we've heard good things about it.

Billy6

Akershus/Princess Storybook Breakfast is a great "princess" character breakfast as is Donald's Safari at Tusker House...Took my DD(5yrs) to them and she loved them both and the food is great.

Going to do the Cinderlla's Royal Table breakfast in June...

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We are going back to the world in July. There will be 8 of us and are looking for a good place to go for a character breakfast.

We normally do Cinderella's Breakfast but that is the only one.

Please help with some suggestions!!

A lot depends on who is in your team of 8. If you have little girls, it is hard to beat Akershus - get to meet most of the princesses in one breakfast and the Ligonberry muffins are great! If the Fab 5 are most important, Chef Mickey or Donald's Safari. Want a more relaxed atmosphere with more character time, Cape May Cafe. Want unique characters that you likely won't meet many other places - 1900 Park Fare or Ohana. Need to see Pooh and friends, Crystal Palace. Need to have the kids dancing and partying half the time, Play and Dine at the Hollywood Vine in DHS.

The food at all of them is roughly comparable. It is all buffet with the standard breakfast choices, then each one has something unique that makes it special (and creates people who love it or hate it more than the others). As suggested by earlier, getting breakfast at one of the in park restaurants at the earliest seating can help with getting to rides at park opening. For our family, we always book the latest seating for two reasons - restaurants are starting to clear out, so more character time and we take full advantage of the buffet and don't need to eat again until dinner!

Good luck making your choices and have fun!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This trip (we just returned from yesterday) we did a lot of Character dining after a quick bit of scrambling seeing how our daughter (nearly 3yo) handled our first Table Service meal (nicer meals were scrapped mainly for character breakfasts). It's kind of a 2 part thing based on food and characters, so I can give my thoughts based on our experiences:

Cinderella's Royal Table - Lunch - (Characters: Cinderella only for photos, Jasmine, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle at the table) - Food was ok, my pork was dry but my wife really liked her lunch (some form of meat pie I think), but it's not about the food there. We had great interactions with the princesses. The location, and wait staff was very good, and the princesses spent good time with each table as they walked by.

Tusker House - Breakfast - (Characters: Donald only for photos, Daisy, Goofy, and Mickey at the table). The food was very good with some nice offerings outside of the standard Mickey Waffle / Scrambled Eggs / Bacon-Sausage that they all have. The meal was lively and fun, the characters in safari garb was fun as well. Note: You have to pay for the photo with Donald if you want it, but the nice thing is that you do get a coupon for $10 off your next character dining photo (which did come in handy for us, each subsequent meal...).

1900 Park Fare - Breakfast - (Characters: Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins). The food was suprisingly mainly the standard buffett fare, with highlights outside of it being the smoked ham and the lobsters benedict. The ham was good enough for seconds. The characters were good here as well, when my DD got freaked out at the sight of the Mad Hatter, he politely and quickly moved on to the next table. Tigger was great, and Mary Poppins had my DD bouncing off the walls. We did have to spend a good amount of time here in order to see all the characters.

Ohana - Breakfast - (Characters: Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto). Outside of a bowl of good breads (Cinnamon Buns, Pineapple/Coconut Bread), the food served family style, was just a bowl of Mickey Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Potatoes. Kind of let down that there was nothing more exotic here in terms of food. The character interaction was great though, Stitch being a standout and one of my DD's current obsessions. The parade through the restaurant during mealtime with all the kids was great as well.

Overall, I was very happy with the character dining. I've heard good things about Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, but we were unable to get into those on last minute notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom