Character assault

drew81

Original Poster
I was talking with a friend who was good friends with Winnie the Pooh at the Studios yesterday. Pooh was walking to his set at the hat when some gutter trash idiot thought it would be funny to come from the back and hit him. I'm not talking about a love tap. It was a closed fist punch to his head. Pooh was very upset over the whole thing. Friar Tuck and the character greeter had to help Pooh.

This situation made me think that all of us that frequent the parks need to be more thankful and appreciative of the characters. A mere thank you can make their day.

tigsmom

This sort of thing happens all the time, unfortunately. What a lot of people don't realize is that a large portion of the characters are women. Now if you saw this bully beating on a women out of costume do you think he & his friends would get very far?

If you see it, report it.

drew81

Original Poster
It does happen often, which is sad. I know if I would have been there that guy would have known that I didn't appreciate the abuse. We should report any abuse to security.

drew81

Original Poster
I'm not sure. Our phones got disconnected.

If he got caught he would be kicked out of the park and in my opinion he should be banned from ever coming back to any Disney park. That goes for anyone who abuses a character.

Discmen

Kicked out of the park? If someone assaults another person, regardless of whether or not there is any injury, or if they are dressed as Pooh, it is a crime, and the person should be arrested. In NY this would be considered a Harrassment in the Second Degree and the person would face up to fifteen days in jail.

DisneyMissy

That is just awful! I always tell them thank you when they take time out for me. I feel they deserve my respect and I want them to know how much I appreciate them doing what they do.

Disneyfan1981

I hate hearing stories like this. Its tough enough to be in character and deal with the masses of people and sheer uncomfort within the costume caused by the FL weather. Hopefully they were caught and ejected from the park.

drew81

Original Poster
In general, Disney doesn't like to prosecute people. However in these cases sometimes the county sheriff is called.

PirateStagehand

tigsmom said:
And if the character defends themselves they run the risk of losing their job.

That's understandable but too bad. I teach self defense and the fact is that if you are assaulted you have the right to defend yourself within reason. But apparently if you wear a costume than the rules change you just have to take an idiots crap and just move on.

But...how cool would it be to see Pooh, still in costume, turn around and throw a nice jumping side kick to some jerk! I'd laugh.

Cynderella

I would have ran up behind that guy and punched him in the back of the head.....course I'd have to be sneaky so I wouldn't be the one kicked out. :lookaroun

Thelazer

Honestly, what needs to happen is that any decent person who sees this needs to tackle the guy give him a good couple punchs then walk away. Possible leave the park, so the guy can't press charges.

drew81

Original Poster
Cynderella said:
I would have ran up behind that guy and punched him in the back of the head.....course I'd have to be sneaky so I wouldn't be the one kicked out. :lookaroun

I would have drilled that guy if I would have been there.

TiggerBW

tigsmom said:
This sort of thing happens all the time, unfortunately. What a lot of people don't realize is that a large portion of the characters are women. Now if you saw this bully beating on a women out of costume do you think he & his friends would get very far?

If you see it, report it.

COSTUME??? :eek:

:lol:

netenyahoo

It would be kind of funny seeing Pooh fight back. It is sad that people would think of hitting or kicking the characters, but some kids/teenagers think it is funny. I think many of them do not think of it as hurting the friend inside, but it does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom