News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Lilofan

Seems like the turmoil is getting worse in China. Who’s idea was it to build a park there?

Good thing they got this new CEO who can sort out all these messes!
Only just Disney ? What about the hundreds of USA companies that base their operations there that all of us in one way shape or form buy their products from there ( ie approx 70% of our meds come from there ).

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Seems like the turmoil is getting worse in China. Who’s idea was it to build a park there?

Not being majority owner you would think the majority owner would look out for their investment. This is not like the cities built but never populated

Touchdown

Everyone clalmering for making G+ more accessible is way off. To quote the Incredibles, when everyone is special, no one is. We need to decrease G+ usage to make it better for everyone. Part of the reason standby lines are too long is because far too many people are utilizing the LL. If less people were in LL, standby would move faster and while waits would never be <30 min for all, imagine all but the headliners being <45 min, and most headliners being 45-90 min in most crowds.

If I was king, I would do this:
-Elliminate ILL, it’s now part of G+
-Increase the cost 7-10x making it $200-300
-Make it only good in one park only, no hopping G+.
-Allow for 3 golden wishes, at purchase you get to pick 3 attractions that you will automatically get LLs to, but you have no control over what time you get them (and you still can only do each attraction once per day.)
-Presell it 7 days in advance, and you make your golden wishes then

This should limit sales, continue profits and make it better for people who don’t purchase the upgrade. Finally, something desperately needs to be done about the JC situation. It needs a separate handicap dock spur where they can load wheelchairs without disrupting the flow of the other boats, also anyone who uses DAS should be shifted to that line so they can board at their own pace. Have 2 boats be for that dock.

Epcot82Guy

Your logic is understandable, but MK and possibly Studios are the only two where it would make any sense. The parks are sadly too underbuilt to justify that cost. And MK effectively offers the same through the parties two times a year. Plus, the optics of further "pay to play" at Disney world be even worse.
Admittedly it's a tough situation without an easy answer. I almost wonder if they should remove it for all parks except MK while they try to figure something out (and let people get used to no system again). I realize the revenue hit would be a terrible narrative, so slim to no chance. But I think it could help - especially now that people are coming back vs the break during the pandemic limits.

LSLS

This "no marketing" for SW is becoming the latest ridiculous myth. Here in LA, there are billboards, bus shelters, ads on multiple channels throughout this weekend (Disney owned and others), theater chain emails, social media, trailers before BP, etc.

There is broad marketing support for this title.

The suggestion that Disney launched a $180M tentpole movie in over 4,000 theaters over a holiday weekend without any marketing support may be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard.

Now, did Disney test screen it and realize they have a complete disaster on their hands and pull back some spend? Absolutely, but to pretend this release is not supported by a marketing campaign is just rationalizing a complete audience rejection of the title.

I have no idea on how much marketing. But I have only heard about it around here (never saw a trailer), and when watching TV on Thanksgiving (we are all streaming, so we only watch on antenna for things like the parade, etc.), an ad went for it, my wife asked me when it was coming out. She was shocked it was already out. She's not on boards or anything, but is very involved on Social Media, and is into movies much more than I am. Obviously I have no idea how/how much they spent on marketing, but I do think they did a poor job with it.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

What??? The new / not new CEO is responsible for the park involvement in the first place. Me, Myself and I see its inception as a terrible mistake but that's just us. Just want to point out that when the place was first opened to guests the locals trashed (literally) trashed the place. Small insight to how the locals saw it.

Trauma

What??? The new / not new CEO is responsible for the park involvement in the first place. Me, Myself and I see its inception as a terrible mistake but that's just us. Just want to point out that when the place was first opened to guests the locals trashed (literally) trashed the place. Small insight to how the locals saw it.
I always forget sarcasm doesn’t work well online.

Sorry.

Disone

Back about Bob iger's return. Today He was asked in a town hall if the hiring freeze announced by Bob Chapek was still in place. He confirmed, it is still in place.

He was also asked about the WDI move to Florida his answer here was he was aware of it, he knows it's been delayed, and he would like to take a look at the pros and cons before making any additional comments.

He was also asked about the don't say gay bill, and he made a statement about how much Disney supports its LGBTQ community but all the need for the company to recognize it cannot make everyone happy all the time.

I'm finally he was asked about a state of Florida removing the reedy Creek improvement district. Here had a little bit more to say. He needs to look into what the ramifications of this are, and whether or not the company should have a response, but he recognizes that " Disney needs Florida and that Florida also needs Disney". He hopes to have a chance to talk to the state of Florida about what all this means.

Casper Gutman

Back about Bob iger's return. Today He was asked in a town hall if the hiring freeze announced by Bob Chapek was still in place. He confirmed, it is still in place.

He was also asked about the WDI move to Florida his answer here was he was aware of it, he knows it's been delayed, and he would like to take a look at the pros and cons before making any additional comments.

He was also asked about the don't say gay bill, and he made a statement about how much Disney supports its LGBTQ community but all the need for the company to recognize it cannot make everyone happy all the time.

I'm finally he was asked about a state of Florida removing the reedy Creek improvement district. Here had a little bit more to say. He needs to look into what the ramifications of this are, and whether or not the company should have a response, but he recognizes that " Disney needs Florida and that Florida also needs Disney". He hopes to have a chance to talk to the state of Florida about what all this means.
He seems to know less about what Disney is doing then people on these boards. So odd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom