News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Casper Gutman

To who? Does somebody think they are entitled to something?
No one has to be “entitled” to anything for public statements to be disingenuous (although yes, employees are entitled to some degree of honesty from management). He didn’t need to give this town hall. He chose to do so and then dissemble. It’s part of his “blame his own policies on Chapek even as he continues them while posing as a reformer” tour.

Disone

He seems to know less about what Disney is doing then people on these boards. So odd.
Well, unlike the people on these boards, he has incredible power to make very impactful decisions about the things we are discussing. I think he's just being cautious not to lead one way or another.

I can understand not wanting to make any bold proclamations like, there will be no layoffs, I have a plan to get reedy Creek back, or other such similar bold statements when you've only been back at the helm for a week.

JoeCamel

No one has to be “entitled” to anything for public statements to be disingenuous (although yes, employees are entitled to some degree of honesty from management). He didn’t need to give this town hall. He chose to do so and then dissemble. It’s part of his “blame his own policies on Chapek even as he continues them while posing as a reformer” tour.
Town halls are usually about listening to the people, this isn't D23

Not just my opinion

Last edited:

Disone

Should also be noted that when asked about the future of park reservation system he said he will defer to Josh on that.

Iger acknowledged there's a lot of negative feedback about the part reservation system but he also said some people have positive feedback.

I mean I suppose someone somewhere likes it. I just haven't met that person.

Either way, I hope Josh listens to what the majority of guests are saying about it..... Fingers crossed. Ball is in Josh's court now.....

Casper Gutman

Should also be noted that when asked about the future of park reservation system he said he will defer to Josh on that.

Iger acknowledged there's a lot of negative feedback about the part reservation system but he also said some people have positive feedback.

I mean I suppose someone somewhere likes it. I just haven't met that person.

Either way, I hope Josh listens to what the majority of guests are saying about it..... Fingers crossed. Ball is in Josh's court now.....
Josh will recommend what Iger tells him to recommend. This will likely be to keep the park reservation system in some form while making minor changes around the edges to placate guests and give them hope for future changes that will likely never come.

Crowd manipulation was IGERS alternative to capacity increases. He spent billions on it. It’s absolutely integral to his business philosophy as it pertains to the park.

CaptinEO

Josh will recommend what Iger tells him to recommend. This will likely be to keep the park reservation system in some form while making minor changes around the edges to placate guests and give them hope for future changes that will likely never come.

Crowd manipulation was IGERS alternative to capacity increases. He spent billions on it. It’s absolutely integral to his business philosophy as it pertains to the park.
Yep. Department heads work for the CEO, CEO works for the board and investors. Josh's job is create the results Iger expects.

I keep laughing at the notion that people think there's some kind of sleeper executive trying to give the customers better value.

Executives work to get money for the company. Genie+ is making them money. The confusion and annoyance it causes to guests ensures it continues to make money. When that stops then they can take it away. It is making them a lot of money, why would they remove it?

Casper Gutman

Mickey Mouse has a big smile on his face. So, just what is he getting away with?
If Mickey actually existed, I would absolutely not trust him to as CEO. Bugs Bunny would be even worse. I think Donald has a sort of hard-headed directness that might suit the role if he could control his anger issues. He'd need a strong communications team, of course.

GiveMeTheMusic

If Mickey actually existed, I would absolutely not trust him to as CEO. Bugs Bunny would be even worse. I think Donald has a sort of hard-headed directness that might suit the role if he could control his anger issues. He'd need a strong communications team, of course.

Daisy Duck is by far the most qualified candidate. Ruthless, fashionable, smarter than Donald.

TwilightZone

This "no marketing" for SW is becoming the latest ridiculous myth. Here in LA, there are billboards, bus shelters, ads on multiple channels throughout this weekend (Disney owned and others), theater chain emails, social media, trailers before BP, etc.

There is broad marketing support for this title.

The suggestion that Disney launched a $180M tentpole movie in over 4,000 theaters over a holiday weekend without any marketing support may be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard.

Now, did Disney test screen it and realize they have a complete disaster on their hands and pull back some spend? Absolutely, but to pretend this release is not supported by a marketing campaign is just rationalizing a complete audience rejection of the title.
Marketing is more than just ads. Disney used to synergize (and still do) in a way where they would use more than just ads alone. They had toys, shirts, accessories in stores. A meet and greet at the parks (or in some more extreme cases, temporary makeovers of certain areas, such as the giant inflatable chicken little at DCA). A Disney channel movie surfers promo (and some other Disney channel plugins).

Strange world has none of this, nada, zip, zilch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom