News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

HMF

They did also rebuild the entire entrance from what looked like a fairly tacky outlet mall to Buena Vista Street and, IMO, spent the money to make some worthwhile enhancements to Hollywood, Condor Flats, and Paradise Pier.

Of course, the recent developments have not been so positive, starting with Pixar Pier.
Regarding DCA. They indeed nearly fixed it just so they could break it again with Mission Cashgrab and Pixar Pier.

Sir_Cliff

Regarding DCA. They indeed nearly fixed it just so they could break it again with Mission Cashgrab and Pixar Pier.
Yes, Pixar Pier in particular was a strange choice. They apparently spent a fortune on it and the one positive aspect is they finally fleshed out some of the pier theming that was left underdone after the DCA 2.0 refurbishment. The negative aspect is that Pixar Pier is just such a stupid concept!

Lilofan

Started out good? Did I miss a decade where he did something good in the parks?
Interesting last question.

What’s your favorite thing when you go to the parks—or do you just look at it as a businessman?

I look at it as a human being. I go there and I marvel at how many people are there having the time of their lives. You just get the sense that in a world that can at times feel dark and as sinister as it is, these are people that have escaped all of that. They have spent time and good money, I will say, to provide themselves and their friends, their family, their loved ones, an experience that not only is going to make them feel good, but that they’re going to remember forever. That is never lost on me. I appreciate it as an executive, as a human being, and as a parent. I have grandchildren I take there.

I wonder if he connects with the complaint department
See Iger answer to question regarding parks.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
What I find most interesting is that with Eisner having been a past CEO of Disney it gives him a unique opportunity to right some wrongs having learned from past mistakes. Plus he already knows the company inside and out. I think he'd be a great replacement at this point.

🎶Michael... Eisner... Disney... CEO! Michael... Eisner... Disney... CEO!🎶

britain

We interrupt this thread with a breaking report!

Something spectacularly good has happened on Bob Chapek’s watch: Muppet Haunted Mansion! It manages to be AUTHENTICALLY funny in true Muppet style, and have heart too. Neither Eisner nor Iger were able to do this!*

See it now!

*Might have actually been developed by Iger.

Last edited:

Superman68

I don't know, the Guardians of the Galaxy warehouse at EPCOT is beyond unforgivable to me, really. Pretty much the worst thing Disney has ever done to any of the parks. Shoot, I'd even take the Figment-less, joyless Journey Into Your Imagination before that monstrosity looming over the park.
I couldn’t agree more. I was just at the parks and this bothered me more than anything, even the mess on the lake. I have a good friend who works for Disney who I meet up with and he was so proud of all the changes. I gave him my two cents, telling him it literally messes with the beauty of spaceship earth and he kept trying to tell me the blue made it invisible. Blue or not, it stuck out like a sore thumb to me, i see it and ruins the views looking towards the park icon. Trees will never hide that warehouse nor blue paint. I am with you. It’s unforgivable and I made it known. He was just dumbfounded that I could see it.

Dear Prudence

I use to love the Sunday night movies he did intro on. I loved the intro to the movies. For me, that was Disney.

I liked it because it reminded me of Walt. It felt personalized. It felt like someone actually cared about the company and its output. It felt like someone respected the intelligence of the audience. Part of what made Disney DISNEY was the man himself. It's the same reason why the Walt Disney Presents series was so successful. I don't understand how the Bobs don't understand this.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We interrupt this thread with a breaking report!

Something spectacularly good has happened on Bob Chapek’s watch: Muppet Haunted Mansion! It manages to be AUTHENTICALLY funny in true Muppet style, and have heart too. Neither Eisner nor Iger were able to do this!*

See it now!

*Might have actually been developed by Iger.
I thought it was just okay. But that’s a discussion for another thread.

Lilofan

Still remember watching Walt introducing Walt Disney Presents (1958) and then it became Walts Wonderfull World of Color
I think when I watched those Disney shows on a Sunday night in the early 1970s I had my choice of ABC, NBC, CBS, and maybe 2-3 other channels. If the antenna on top of the TV was angled correctly we could get a clear screen while eating Jiffy popcorn .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom