News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

JoeCamel

Definitely the thing that happened a year and a half ago that resulted in the record high prices shortly thereafter. Certainly not the streaming services having larger and larger deficits with questions on if it will become profitable.
Chappie along with Christine and the company are named in a lost value class suit. Claims the stock price was a pump and dump

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is that the Simeone lawsuit or something different? Got a link?

See the thread here.

GimpYancIent

They also manufacture most of anything we purchase in stores, not just meds. Again a sign of outsourcing cheap labor and bad conditions to make more money.
Just like so many things were outsourced to China those same things can be outsourced to many other countries and terminate the China connection. It can happen over time, not at the clap of hands, but a redistribution of manufacturing can be done. There are many countries that would welcome the investment, for instance our many neighbors to the south.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
See the thread here.

Thanks!

Trauma

So I understand this technically isn’t exactly what’s happening, but now California and Florida are both taking Disney to court ?

Trauma

Neither Florida nor California are suing Disney. Disney is suing Florida in federal court in Florida. Disney is being sued by a pension fund in federal court in California.
Yes I know but it’s a state pension fund I believe.

This news will disappear by tomorrow I would expect.

brb1006

Major losses at Disney+ and ESPN had more to do with stock crashing than political speech. Stockbrokers could care less about who supports what - they look at the bottom line and future growth potential. If what you said were true, the biggest stock market crash would be on Apple Inc., a notoriously liberal and outspoken company. Bottom line: investors care about what comes out of your wallet, not out of your mouth.
And the recent announcement of the closure of Galactic Starcruiser this Fall.

Sir_Cliff

I don't really have a feeling about this as I don't know who the alternatives would be.

I would have to tip my hat to Iger, though, if he announced that he had heard all the concerns on the Internet about him extending his contract and so is instead announcing his successor: Kathleen Kennedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom