News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Lilofan

Among others, I own General Electric and Lowe’s and I don’t have a clue about their political leanings. Looking at the Harris ratings, both of these companies rate near the top of being the most neutral political publicly traded companies. I just can’t trust a company that pushes an agenda, left or right. It leaves my investments too exposed to unnecessary drops.
Way off base. Your money being put to work. GE spent $40M lobbying in 2010, spent $6M lobbying in 2022.

WDWFanRay

Way off base. Your money being put to work. GE spent $40M lobbying in 2010, spent $6M lobbying in 2022.
Don’t act like you’re an expert. The two examples I gave are at the top of the list of companies not favoring a political party. They both give about 50-50% to each party. GE doesn’t donate any money, but they do have a fund that disperses equally to the parties. I want companies in my portfolio that do not risk my money with their political stances. It’s bad for business.

Lilofan

Don’t act like you’re an expert. The two examples I gave are at the top of the list of companies not favoring a political party. They both give about 50-50% to each party. GE doesn’t donate any money, but they do have a fund that disperses equally to the parties. I want companies in my portfolio that do not risk my money with their political stances. It’s bad for business.
GE does give monies to both parties to seek to influence elected officials. ( ie GE gave $13K to Maggie Hassan in 2022). $13K doesn't sound like a fund name . You're incorrect.

Last edited:

WDWFanRay

If you are not aware , lobbying is a form of pushing a company or person's agenda in influencing an official
There’s companies lobbying to try and get a competitive edge which helps their share value, and then there’s companies pushing an agenda that has nothing to do with their business model, which destroys their share value by more than half in two years. Game, set, match.

Lilofan

There’s companies lobbying to try and get a competitive edge which helps their share value, and then there’s companies pushing an agenda that has nothing to do with their business model, which destroys their share value by more than half in two years. Game, set, match.
Nice dancing. Companies lobby to gain what they want to push to the elected official. In return for you helping me I will help you . The ones making out like bandits all the way to the bank are shorting the stock.

Rich Brownn

Major losses at Disney+ and ESPN had more to do with stock crashing than political speech. Stockbrokers could care less about who supports what - they look at the bottom line and future growth potential. If what you said were true, the biggest stock market crash would be on Apple Inc., a notoriously liberal and outspoken company. Bottom line: investors care about what comes out of your wallet, not out of your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

Some reasons of Disney stock falling
Slow growth in streaming business, being outspoken is merely an opinion
Closing parks and resorts
Disruption of production and theatre releases on movies

Trauma

Some reasons of Disney stock falling
Slow growth in streaming business, being outspoken is merely an opinion
Closing parks and resorts
Disruption of production and theatre releases on movies
Not here to argue anything, just want to point of that current stock price has nothing to do with closing of parks and resorts.

Actually if it wasn’t for parks and resorts Disney stock would be a dumpster fire, with us all guessing who was going to buy the company.

matt9112

The same country where 75% of our country's meds, some that saved my mother's life comes from. I don't see front page news on the outrage of meds coming from overseas.

You act as if they couldn’t be manufactured anywhere else…. On top of the fact that it really just hammers home that pharma will do anything to increase profit margins. While the medicine remains expensive as can be. You can’t have a deep impactful and healthy trade relationship with somebody who unequivocally sees the world differently than you.

LSLS

COVID era lockdowns have been over for awhile. Theme park attendance has been way up, along with prices. Movie production and theater releases are no longer affected by any disruption, and haven’t been for awhile. Those excuses are in the rearview mirror and are no longer valid to explain why the stock price continues to fall and hasn’t recovered. There must be another, more topical reason for Disney stocks continued trouble. Let’s think about this a little…what could it be…hmmm…..

Definitely the thing that happened a year and a half ago that resulted in the record high prices shortly thereafter. Certainly not the streaming services having larger and larger deficits with questions on if it will become profitable.

Lilofan

You act as if they couldn’t be manufactured anywhere else…. On top of the fact that it really just hammers home that pharma will do anything to increase profit margins. While the medicine remains expensive as can be. You can’t have a deep impactful and healthy trade relationship with somebody who unequivocally sees the world differently than you.
Sure it can be made somewhere else. I don't see 75% of our meds being made somewhere else if ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom