News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was Kevin Mayer ever a real candidate and if he was, is it known/speculated whether or not he would be better or worse than Chapek?

If he was, he thought the grass was greener on the other side. He resigned from Disney to be CEO of Tik Tok only to lose his job there in less than a year.
It’s just my opinion…but it sure seems like Bob let it be known that he wasn’t leaving and that’s why all the names thrown around bailed.

past is prologue…the same thing happened with Eisner.

but Bob chickened out with SARS covid 19…and the only yutz around was installed. Problem is it seems Bob thought he had control over the situation and it appears he did not. Your legacy, Bob (the first)

eisner’s “time waster” was Iger…which Roy gave up and rubber stamped.
Iger’s is this Walmart issue hack.

so I ask again: who did the deed worse?

GimpYancIent

An interesting change. Maybe an improvement? Geoff Morrell, "Morrell is currently the executive vice president of communications and advocacy at BP, for which he ran PR to rebuild the company’s reputation after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Before this, he was chief spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Defense under George W. Bush and Barack Obama’s administrations. He also previously worked as a White House journalist for ABC." He will be answering to Chapek.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
An interesting change. Maybe an improvement? Geoff Morrell, "Morrell is currently the executive vice president of communications and advocacy at BP, for which he ran PR to rebuild the company’s reputation after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Before this, he was chief spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Defense under George W. Bush and Barack Obama’s administrations. He also previously worked as a White House journalist for ABC." He will be answering to Chapek.
Doesn’t worry you that they hired a fixer with oil spill experience?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Far too long. Likely before $lappie was installed as P&R head in 2015. The downward spiral picked up speed that year.
Probably around 2003-ish?

I’d say it actually bottomed out around 2017…it’s still bad - but they’ve had some more interesting things return them last few years.

what they don’t have much of - if any - are items at specific locations that aren’t mass produced. Everything except a few marginal things are from the sweatshop attached to it’s a small world, Shanghai…which was the point of building that park anyway

LSLS

One number: An AP was $434 in late 2006 (second price increase that year) after Iger became CEO. $654 in 2015, when $lappie became head of P&R. $1300 in 2021. No additional benefits.

Didn't iger add merchandise to the parks and resorts division right before making chapek the head of it? I'm having trouble keeping everything straight atthis point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom