News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

JoeCamel

Compare it to FUN and it doesn't look good.
Or compare it to YUM

yum.PNG

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
After reading this…I have tears in my eyes 🥲

the jury will be out for some time on what emotion triggered those tears
My reaction is … don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. Although I hope the door does hit $lappie whenever he’s ejected from Burbank.

Good PR piece, as usual. Slick Bobby one last time. He has the personality of stale white bread.

Captain Neo

I remember being one of Rasulo's biggest critics. I would take him over Chapek any day, I would definitely take Staggs and before someone brings up "Strategic Planning" yes, I am fully aware of that.

to me it goes

staggs
Chapek
Rasulo

rasulo was an extreme cheapskate who fought with Lassiter over the budget of cars land, didn’t think DCA had a problem, and cut the budget of new fantasyland to where it was just meet and greets and a restaurant (Staggs later re-added the seven dwarfs coaster when he became head of parks)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I pointed this out in another thread but Chapek is not doing a good job from a stock standpoint either here is Disney stock vs S&P 500 YTD:

View attachment 604871View attachment 604872
This is what’s going to make his seat hot, he is going to need to turn things around soon. The parks are getting squeezed to make up for other failing divisions. A company cannot continue to lose stock owners money for long.
It’s rocking a $55 ish drop since March…
…that’s what will get you fired. The ONLY thing short of lawsuits coming due to bad or criminal personal conduct…

I saw the stock got a “get rich quick” bump today…such is the game on Wall Street…it can resume its decent tomorrow (so somebody can make money)

see how easy it is to follow?

lazyboy97o

to me it goes

staggs
Chapek
Rasulo

rasulo was an extreme cheapskate who fought with Lassiter over the budget of cars land, didn’t think DCA had a problem, and cut the budget of new fantasyland to where it was just meet and greets and a restaurant (Staggs later re-added the seven dwarfs coaster when he became head of parks)
You give Staggs way too much credit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
to me it goes

staggs
Chapek
Rasulo

That List is ok…if that’s your options

an outside choice always would have been better.

neither Iger nor Eisner were “lifers”…chapek had some experience prior but has been hanging around with a name tag for 27 years prior to his default promotion…

not the best for perspective

Touchdown

It’s rocking a $55 ish drop since March…
…that’s what will get you fired. The ONLY thing short of lawsuits coming due to bad or criminal personal conduct…

I saw the stock got a “get rich quick” bump today…such is the game on Wall Street…it can resume its decent tomorrow (so somebody can make money)

see how easy it is to follow?
I think that happened because the market went up big time today (due to the market factoring in omercron might not be an economy killer.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that happened because the market went up big time today (due to the market factoring in omercron might not be an economy killer.)
Right…rising tide equals quick cash for all…
By next week…or sooner…the ole trend will resume.

there’s money to be made if things rise OR fall…it’s an “always sum”’game.

so that being said…how awful did you have to be to lose this much this year?

RSoxNo1

Was Kevin Mayer ever a real candidate and if he was, is it known/speculated whether or not he would be better or worse than Chapek?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom