Chapek and D'Amaro continue the tradition of no bonus or Christmas gift for Disney's Cast Members

Casper Gutman

Never understood peeps love for this Josh guy…
Yeah, between his performance at Destination and this note, complete with cutesy font, he seems like the worst sort of cloying, disingenuous exec who really wants to show you how much he cares (as long as it doesn’t require any time, money, or operational changes of any sort).

Honestly, Bob’s undisguised greed is preferable to this performative, hollow “nice guy” routine.

plutofan15

We don't from the company, but our immediate Director always gets us something. Like you, it's been well over 10 years since any of my employers (hospital systems) gave gifts. They did luncheons. In the hospital. 😐
I worked for a giant telecommunications company (think of one with three letters) and for the 10+ years prior to getting laid off, the company never gave an end of year/Christmas bonus, party, luncheon or card. Hell, not a single decoration in the office unless an employee put something up in their cube such as my Charlie Brown Christmas tree. To be fair, we would have a pot luck lunch in the break room when each employee brought something. And our market Director would have a holiday get together at his house, paid for out of his own pocket when he was able to do so. While it is certainly very nice to get some sort of Christmas bonus/gift/luncheon/party with the bill footed by the company, it is not the norm.

eliza61nyc

People still get bonuses in Christmas gifts from their employers? I have not gotten a Christmas bonus or gift in my entire 20-year career working for various companies.
Never in 33 years working for a major chemical company have I gotten a Christmas bonus. Although my direct boss usually sends us an edible arrangements. We sometimes get a "safety" award if we've gone a long time without a LWDI (loss work day injury)

mf1972

never got a bonus at my job either, but we do get some kind of gift. this year it was a mug with ghirardelli hot chocolate with our hospital logo on it wishing us a merry christmas. although not part of the gift, employees were given covid testing take home kits as of yesterday. i’m more happy to have that actually.

correcaminos

Presents and bonuses at Christmas? Do those even exist in 2021? Next thing you’ll tell me is that pensions are still common.
Funny enough when I quit my previous job about 15 years ago I had a pension and didn't realize it (more to do with what management was considered at the time). I get a bonus yearly with where I work now. Husband no pension but gets a g/c usually for a holiday gift. They are too global to call it anything else.

Ayla

DH's company gives out a very nice ham at Christmas to every single employee and anyone who has ever retired from the company. They spend probably close to $175,000 a year on hams alone. LOL

At Thanksgiving, every employee receives a nice box from Harry and David's with pears and chocolates delivered to their house with a personalized thank you from the company.

Every employee also receives a yearly bonus based on a bunch of different calculations (hourly or salary, performance eval, and overall compensation).

Tom P.

New Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro is continuing with the tradition of giving absolutely nothing to the Cast Members for Christmas. In a year when many have been pushed to breaking point and moral is at an all-time low, there is nothing from the company to give any hint of appreciation, unless of course we count this Christmas message from Josh. I'm sure the cast are glad to hear he is proud of them for making the company billions once again.
I think the word you were looking for is "morale." But given some of the stuff this company puts out, I think the morals are at an all-time low too.

cinderellafan6

At my brokerage firm we get a Christmas bonus, a big Christmas party and the brokers give us money for helping them all year. I really didnt know that is not the norm anymore.

eliza61nyc

At my brokerage firm we get a Christmas bonus, a big Christmas party and the brokers give us money for helping them all year. I really didnt know that is not the norm anymore.
What's the size of your firm? I think the size of the company plays a part. Large conglomerates with CEO's and boards tend to operate a bit differently.
Lol we used to have holiday parties until some non Christian employees complained.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

New Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro is continuing with the tradition of giving absolutely nothing to the Cast Members for Christmas. In a year when many have been pushed to breaking point and moral is at an all-time low, there is nothing from the company to give any hint of appreciation, unless of course we count this Christmas message from Josh. I'm sure the cast are glad to hear he is proud of them for making the company billions once again.

View attachment 609106
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Goofyernmost

Aren't there about 80,000 CM employed by Disney. Seriously, you think that any company will pay bonus's to that many employee's or especially since most of them are part time anyway. I'll agree... Fake Outrage. I worked for close to 50 years in part time and full time positions and they never gave out bonus's to the rank and file.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom