Chapek and D'Amaro continue the tradition of no bonus or Christmas gift for Disney's Cast Members

Ayla

At my brokerage firm we get a Christmas bonus, a big Christmas party and the brokers give us money for helping them all year. I really didnt know that is not the norm anymore.
DH's company also has a huge, fancy Christmas party (black tie optional) but it has been canceled the last two years because of covid.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney leaned more heavily on CM's the past year than ever before. CM's are working under less than ideal conditions (see the number of Ken's and Karen's in the parks they have to deal with daily) and under more stress than ever, in more ways than one. And the best excuse the usual suspects can give is, "Well, they've never given a Christmas bonus before, so this is FAKE OUTRAGE!!!" and "I've never gotten a Christmas bonus before, why should they?" My God...

Adding to this, departments are given funds for holiday events at a more local level to show recognition for their Cast.

Sometimes even a small gesture like this from management can go a long way with employees.

castlecake2.0

Disney leaned more heavily on CM's the past year than ever before. CM's are working under less than ideal conditions (see the number of Ken's and Karen's in the parks they have to deal with daily) and under more stress than ever, in more ways than one. And the best excuse the usual suspects can give is, "Well, they've never given a Christmas bonus before, so this is FAKE OUTRAGE!!!" and "I've never gotten a Christmas bonus before, why should they?" My God...

Sometimes even a small gesture like this from management can go a long way with employees.
Not saying I wouldn’t love a bonus, but the OP is making it sound like this is something new at Disney when it really isn’t.

castlecake2.0

Recognition while they work major holidays while the rest of the world can be off and enjoy the holidays with family.
What’s your point? “We work while others play”. It’s literally one of the first things we are taught. That’s the hospitality industry.

Mizner92

The world has changed (thankfully) since the 1960’s and 1970’s, unless, of course, you still get a ham from your employer. A ham.

Disneyson

As a CP about three years ago, I remember getting a very cheap-looking but thoughtful metal/tin Christmas ornament with the 101 Dalmatians on it. I still hang it on the tree. Really stinks they’re not doing this any more.

Lilofan

What’s your point? “We work while others play”. It’s literally one of the first things we are taught. That’s the hospitality industry.
You should know if you say you work there. Recognize cast for working when many are off not working. If you are a leader that's leader 101, recognize your staff.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I get bonuses every year at the company I work for, but it’s corporate/insurance etc. I am curious I worked in restaurants and for a hotel chain for a few years and there were no bonuses there, that could be an anomaly though. Do employees in the service industry typically get bonuses!?

castlecake2.0

You should know if you say you work there. Recognize cast for working when many are off not working. If you are a leader that's leader 101, recognize your staff.
That’s what I said they do. Departments are given funds to host holiday events to recognize/thank their Cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom